wonderful vintage activity centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

neaendr

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Lucky me!
Recently i bought for almost nothing, two vintage fisher price activity centers.
Seen these toys was a real memory trigger;

I knew and played with these models in a place where I spent my holidays with my siblings and cousins, it was some really idyllic summers, my most beautiful childhood memories. I had to forget these models until now. Re-discovering them was a shock (in a good way) I am really euphoric about them. Well they do not have their strap system for hanging them anymore, but nevertheless, they are in very good condition. I have to say they would look good hooked on an adult sized crib :p
I own these two models, it’s interesting as some characters-design stays in the head during years: This small dog on the second model for example and the drawing style generally, remained very familiar right now despite the years.
Fisher-price-activity-center.jpg il_570xN.757689709_i3cl.jpg

I remember playing with this third one, when I was small but I have not found it for a moderate price yet...But I think that eventually I am going to try to have the complete "collection"! In fact i feel really happy and enthusiastic about vintage fisher price toys now, and not just the activities centers!:sweatdrop:
100_4389.jpg

This lucky discovery, made me remind of the activities panels existence! So I tried to look at the recent one, but I found few models … And most are electronic, and offer only buttons that produce sound… Not many diversities of action and play, I do not find them rather complete compared with the vintage models, it’s a shame. (But my point of view is relative)
I also like the bathroom mode for water-play, i discovered this model on a vintage collector blog. this is the first time i heard about a «*waterproof*» version:
100_4514.jpg
What do you think about these toys?Do you have activities centers/panels too, or activities tables? Or a favorite model? Share your images and photos! :smile1:

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I think I had the first one back in the 70s. I never thought of getting another. I prefer the wind up music stuffies. I really liked my bear when I was young.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I remember my wife and I buying them for our kids, who were born in the late '70s. I guess that's the vintage date. When I was a kid, all they had were sticks and rocks. I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but we'd use them to tease the dinosaurs.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Those activity thingies sound fun, I am trying to find something like that.

clothbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Well these are the crib items we bought for our children,now I am the baby with the crib center on my nursery wall.001.JPG

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
That is so awesome! Looks so toddlerlike and colourful!

neaendr

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Your nursery wall look neat Clothbaby !

I know that doesn't sound like much fun, but we'd use them to tease the dinosaurs.
So that's why they became so shy and difficult to see these days :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.