With Babica Playcribs Closed :( Alternatives?

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Does anyone know anyone making something similar to the Babica Playcribs?
I didn't realize they were out of business and fell in love with the twin version, only to be heartbroken :(

Wait there was a twin crib?? And I missed it???

-cries-🥺🥺🥺

Okay so something that has been coming out lately is these gates you can attach to twin beds they aren't high though some are metal or wood.... a lot like this idea except for twin sizeScreenshot_20200327-082651_Samsung Internet.jpg

Look at the person who makes this, I haven’t bought from them but I think if you want a toddler bed, you will find something you can be happy with

tdlrfootedpjs said:
Look at the person who makes this, I haven’t bought from them but I think if you want a toddler bed, you will find something you can be happy with

466 bucks for twin? That's not bad at all tbh...

Sleepybrandon said:
466 bucks for twin? That's not bad at all tbh...

Nope and reading the reviews it sounds like a pretty good quality as well.

You can also contact them and they are pretty responsive, I was talking to them prior to covid19...

tdlrfootedpjs said:

Unfortunately that could not be disassembled, and since I lead a pretty vanilla lifestyle I need to be able to hide things away.

I’m wondering, if any of these would be rated to hold the weight of an adult? These are beds made for the weight of a toddler, maybe 2 toddles? Even if the bottom slats can take the weight, I couldn’t be sure the hardware would.
I sent a message to the seller, asking about the maximum weight they might take.
When they get back to me, I will share the response here.

Luvshugs said:
I’m wondering, if any of these would be rated to hold the weight of an adult? These are beds made for the weight of a toddler, maybe 2 toddles? Even if the bottom slats can take the weight, I couldn’t be sure the hardware would.
I sent a message to the seller, asking about the maximum weight they might take.
When they get back to me, I will share the response here.
I have an update, and answer from the seller.
They indicated, if the bed is on the floor, it can take the extra weight. That means, no legs. The bed has to sit flat on the floor.
That seems to be, kind of a disappointment to me.

Attachments

• 9A545884-9D8E-4ECC-9FFD-3408840F3263.jpeg
    9A545884-9D8E-4ECC-9FFD-3408840F3263.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 16
As a woodworker, it seems to me that it wouldn't be difficult to make an add-on to a standard twin bed (or any size bed for that matter) that would come in 4 sections, one for each side, that would sit on the existing frame to form the crib sides. These 4 sections could be connected together on their outside corners with some kind of latch to stiffen them so they wouldn't wobble. The whole thing could be quickly knocked down and stored somwhere, maybe even under the bed.

I'm not offering to make any, I'm just throwing an idea out there.

My sister did something to her son's toddler bed years ago that got me thinking more recently. She nailed a 2×4 to a piece of plywood, nailed a piece of the crib fence to that, and stuck the piece of plywood under his mattress. I was thinking what if one was to buy a couple cribs at Walmart or something and do the same basic idea except surrounding the entire bed.

Reactions: browne
DippyDawg said:
As a woodworker, it seems to me that it wouldn't be difficult to make an add-on to a standard twin bed (or any size bed for that matter) that would come in 4 sections, one for each side, that would sit on the existing frame to form the crib sides. These 4 sections could be connected together on their outside corners with some kind of latch to stiffen them so they wouldn't wobble. The whole thing could be quickly knocked down and stored somwhere, maybe even under the bed.

* hands over debit card, PIN, SSN, and house deed * are you sure you're not offering?

• Haha
Reactions: Emu and DippyDawg
GlitteredArtist said:
Does anyone know anyone making something similar to the Babica Playcribs?
I didn't realize they were out of business and fell in love with the twin version, only to be heartbroken :(
I'm back! Check out the new website: www.babica.net. I am building two cribs as I speak, and I have a grand reopening sale: 25% off on all products.

It took me a long time to find a safe place to build, but I'm so happy to be doing this again!

Derek

Reactions: XLolixLolitax and Luvshugs
Babica said:
I'm back! Check out the new website: www.babica.net. I am building two cribs as I speak, and I have a grand reopening sale: 25% off on all products.

It took me a long time to find a safe place to build, but I'm so happy to be doing this again!

Derek
Looks great! Wish you all the best in your venture.

DippyDawg said:

Not tooting my own horn (or fishing for advice), but I think my plan here is pretty solid and inexpensive. Plus, it should be very discrete. If you're willing to actually drill something into the bed frame, you could add a couple locking slide latches or hasps. That might give you away, though. I know not everyone has a bed like mine (head foot and side boards), but it wouldn't be hard to take my idea and modify it to fit any bed frame. It would require more straps on the corners (no posts, so less stable) if all you have is a metal underframe, and you'd have to either lift the box spring to run the straps underneath or add actual legs to each of the frame pieces (might be a good idea regardless since there would be no solid vertical bed frame). Still, I think even a fairly novice carpenter could manage this to some degree of success.

Last edited:
Back