ADISC Discord Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Hey everyone! With most of the Northern Hemisphere, and the US and Canada in particular, about to be hammered with harsh, incredibly cold weather, I just want to remind everyone to be safe and take precautions!
  • Make sure to have a few days to a week of food and medications on hand at all times, just in case.
  • If you own vehicles, make sure they are good on fluids, and that you have an ice scraper and emergency winter supplies in the even you get stuck.
  • Keep up to date with news from power and gas suppliers incase load reductions become necessary.
  • Have a plan and a place to go if you lose heating or it can't keep up.
This is just a partial list of things that occurred to me. Remember to always be safe and always have a plan! And have a Happy Holidays!!!!

Reactions: Kirisin, KittyninjaW, perlFerret and 2 others

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Good advice! I recently backed my car into the garage of my condo today in case it is difficult getting out. Going to hunker down (cozy and padded) and enjoy some more time on holiday leave and am thankful that the heart of the storm is passing north of home. Expecting between 3 to 6 inches… 🤔

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
-42C here right now
we're all very used to it
doesn't affect much. Life stays fairly daily normal
definitely many area not used to winter weather and whole city shuts down
for those places being over prepared is a good thing

Mfluder

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Don't forget to trickle and/or insulate your exterior pipes if it's going below freezing where you are.

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
We are still hunkering down until it all over . This morning its 12 below with a wind chill of 37 below ,around 6 inches of that dry fluffy snow BUT no wind as of yet !!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and PuffPuffPaci

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
we've got -14f here right now. 20mph wind, couldnt tell ya how much snow...several inches. I decided to have a snow day because i just cant with that wind chill lol

Reactions: perlFerret and BobbiSueEllen

fleckothefennec

I am fennec hear me scree
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
The joy of living off grid means that many of these concerns do not exist.

No power grid means no power outages
Woodstove heat with a years supply of seasoned wood means you will be warm
Freezer full of deer meat and pantries full of food means I will not be starving anytime soon.

Here on the coast of Vancouver Island it's been hitting us for the last week but it's supposed to warm up tomorrow and rain for at least a week with 3 to 9 degrees Celsius temperatures in comparison to the -9 to -14 we have now

Reactions: northdl, GatoChihuahua, KittyninjaW and 1 other person

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
I posted a thing about it, good luck everyone! I just help our pipes don't freeze because that has happened in the past to my grandmother and I.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kirisin and BobbiSueEllen

KindaOlde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just got back from the grocery store. Busy but not stupid crazy. We're as ready as we can be. Plenty of food, alcohol and diapers for a long weekend. We're in Michigan so it's certainly nothing new. Happens every year about this time. The weather reporters are using words like snowpocolypse, snowmaggedon, snow bomb. Big damn deal! It's winter in Michigan. They should be used to it by now.

Reactions: CLPP and KittyninjaW

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
KindaOlde said:
Just got back from the grocery store. Busy but not stupid crazy. We're as ready as we can be. Plenty of food, alcohol and diapers for a long weekend. We're in Michigan so it's certainly nothing new. Happens every year about this time. The weather reporters are using words like snowpocolypse, snowmaggedon, snow bomb. Big damn deal! It's winter in Michigan. They should be used to it by now.
Yeah, It gets way overblown and it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow. It's going to be 7⁰ and Cold but still it's supposed to warm up later.

Kirisin

To Be Forgiven First You Must Forgive
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Snow and cold are normal in Montana. Usually get a cold snap couple times in the winter. That being said this is a record setting week. Actual temperatures ranging from -30 to -50 with wind chills -50 to -70 f. I've had to drive thru all this. Tonight I'm in Seattle unloading frozen food. There even feeling the cold here although not to the extreme as the rest of us east of the Cascades. There expecting 2 to 4 here in SeaTac and I gotta get back over the passes 😫 . For those not used to this cold follow the advice Be Prepared. If you must go out make sure you bring your survival kit candle for heat food water flashlight extra batteries blankets and dress up you can always peal layers off. Be Safe.

Reactions: KindaOlde

Dragon64

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Just experienced what it's like driving in freezing rain when getting groceries today, glad I chose to stay home instead of going to work today

Reactions: Kirisin

Angelapinks

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
-42C here right now
we're all very used to it
doesn't affect much. Life stays fairly daily normal
definitely many area not used to winter weather and whole city shuts down
for those places being over prepared is a good thing
Southern Ontario getting blowing snow and sleet right now on top of frozen roads from rain last night. Idiots still trying to blaze around town in their little muscle cars with no snow tires.

Reactions: KittyninjaW

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Angelapinks said:
Southern Ontario getting blowing snow and sleet right now on top of frozen roads from rain last night. Idiots still trying to blaze around town in their little muscle cars with no snow tires.
Oh we have the same thing here
every first snow fall of the year or every extended period between snow falls people forget how to drive or think they are the best drivers ever and don't drive to conditions. They are the ones waiting 70 hours for a tow truck
I try and avoid the roads at those times if I can

Last edited:
Reactions: KindaOlde and Angelapinks

NannaAnnabelle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
  2. Incontinent
*Laughs in Californian* 🤣

J/K -- Stay safe and warm everyone!

f0rtysixand2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Grab your diapers before it’s too late. Then just sit back relax and wet and poop them from the comfort of your own home. Ahhhh…snowy days equal diapered days for me here in Ontario. 🙃

TheBob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I feel really guilty.

Here I live in sunny SoCal and it is going to be 80 degrees on Christmas day.

Okay, you can throw your half frozen stuffies at me.

Be safe!

Reactions: ShyBoo81

f0rtysixand2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
TheBob said:
I feel really guilty.

Here I live in sunny SoCal and it is going to be 80 degrees on Christmas day.

Okay, you can throw your half frozen stuffies at me.

Be safe!
Haha. I like the snow and cold so I’m an odd ball. I’m sure SoCal is beautiful but I enjoy 4 seasons.

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
SparkyDog said:
Oh we have the same thing here
every first snow fall of the year or every extended period between snow falls people forget how to drive or think they are the best drivers ever and don't drive to conditions. They are the ones waiting 70 hours for a tow truck
I try and avoid the roads at those times if I can
Same here where I am. These people slip and slide and make things horrible.

Reactions: SparkyDog

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Thank goodness the storm has just about fizzle out here !! WE Luck out and didn't lose the electricity !! But it still very cold here with wind chill of 25 below but its sunny !!
Good news in the coming days MUCH warmer temps finely !!!!