• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Windows Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Have any of you tried it.
Windows Seven is FAST.
Apparently it's not only a fast OS, but it's in speedy development as well, slated for a January 14th 2009 Beta 1 test, which may or may not be public.
Any other Windows 7 testers here?

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yes, me.

Despite a few, minor compatibility issues, it does the job for me.
I'm in love with the new Taskbar.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I'm not the kind to run OS betas (everything else betas yes however. FF3.1 lol)[/font]

B

Butterfly Mage

I hope Win-7 is a whole lot faster/better than Vista. When my Vista-powered laptop bit the dust, I picked up a $379 netbook to hold me over until I can buy a full fledged laptop. Lemme tell ya: WinXP on a 1.6 GHz Celeron actually does run faster than a 2.2 GHz DuoCore on Vista.

So... If Win-7 is actually a FAST operating system, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'm hanging on to my netbook until I can afford a Mac.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
how do i become a beta tester?
You search 'Windows 7 Build 6956' on Google, find a torrent, burn it to a DVD, and install it.

The official beta will only get released in 2009, but in the meantime, it's nice to have a laptop that can run properly.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
how do i become a beta tester?
You attend an event for developers such as WinHEC, or you download an ISO and use it for 30 day (at which point another one will probably be leaked anyways)

Sure is Windows Vista SP2 around here... <3
Actually it's more along the lines of Vista SE. It's bascially Vista without a lot of the stuff that slowed it down. It's VERY fast.

I hope Win-7 is a whole lot faster/better than Vista. When my Vista-powered laptop bit the dust, I picked up a $379 netbook to hold me over until I can buy a full fledged laptop. Lemme tell ya: WinXP on a 1.6 GHz Celeron actually does run faster than a 2.2 GHz DuoCore on Vista.

So... If Win-7 is actually a FAST operating system, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'm hanging on to my netbook until I can afford a Mac.
Windows 7 was designed in mind to work fast on PCs ranging from netbooks to high-end desktops. Apparently it runs better than XP on netbooks like the EEEPC.

Role
Diaper Lover
So all I have to do to homosexually sex windows 7 is to torrent it?

Will it work with STEAMs?

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So all I have to do to homosexually sex windows 7 is to torrent it?

Will it work with STEAMs?
It's not a major kernel revision like Vista was for XP, so it has pretty much the same compatibility as Vista.

maccracker18

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
void

Two things, will it end up voiding my warranty and will i loose all of my files when i do it.

maccracker18

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
OOOOOO MAJOR AWSOME LOL. well now that that random outburst is over.... time to set my server to download this and to get it burned onto a disk... but how to back up all my stuff.... is it possible to duel boot it along side of vista, becuase i realy dont wana have to loose all of my stuff, including that 14gigs of diaper stuff i got in a torrent :)

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
OOOOOO MAJOR AWSOME LOL. well now that that random outburst is over.... time to set my server to download this and to get it burned onto a disk... but how to back up all my stuff.... is it possible to duel boot it along side of vista, becuase i realy dont wana have to loose all of my stuff, including that 14gigs of diaper stuff i got in a torrent :)
Yeah, you should be able to dual boot it.

Windows Vista Beta: How to dual-boot Windows XP and Windows Vista

Guide for it, its for XP and Vista, but the concept is the same.

D

Deleted member 221

but thats not legal beta testing if i dl a torrent (i get mine from demonoid)
thats illegal. (nothings legal these days, jeez even pissing your pants is probably illegal)
i want to be a legal beta tester
hehe its not like i even payed for any software on my pc anyways :p

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
A question to anyone who is using it: does it have the compatibility that XP does? That's the only reason why I hate Vista, I can't get any of my f-ing applications to run... Even with the bullshit compatibility wizard...

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Actually it's more along the lines of Vista SE. It's bascially Vista without a lot of the stuff that slowed it down. It's VERY fast.
Vista runs just as fast on the same hardware that I play with Windows 7 on~
Windows 7 is Vista + More, not Vista - Less, btw.

A question to anyone who is using it: does it have the compatibility that XP does? That's the only reason why I hate Vista, I can't get any of my f-ing applications to run... Even with the bullshit compatibility wizard...
HUURRRRRR...derpderpderp.
Yes, it magically goes back to being Windows XP! They threw out Vista and just re-released XP with a new GUI; that's right.

No. Just no.
It runs the same things Vista does, in the same way. Though I can't imagine that's an issue; I've never had ANY application that works on XP 64 refuse to work on Vista 64. Time to dump that 16 bit rubbish, imo

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
but thats not legal beta testing if i dl a torrent (i get mine from demonoid)
thats illegal.
And your point? I don't think microsoft is going to care if people are testing out their beta programs without signing up. As long as its not the full official version anyway.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Guide for it, its for XP and Vista, but the concept is the same.
Just a word of warning.
You can't dual boot XP and Seven.
Seven WILL corrupt your XP's pagefile and make it unusable.
This isn't a problem for Vista though.

Role
Diaper Lover
I wasn't planning on dual booting. I'll wait to get a newer PC and internets anyhow.

If I put it on a completely separate physical HDD, we still have the same problem then?

Status
Not open for further replies.