• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Windows 7 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kitty0230

I downloaded the beta last night, has anyone else here done it, (yeah i know i'm contributing to "bug #1" but i'm curious) anyways, wish me luck in installing it and having it work right with my laptop, as ubuntu unfortunately didnt get sound.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
tell us how it goes, i can't wait till windows 7 comes out, hopfully it won't be like vista

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The Task bar looks quite alot like Mac but still simmiar to Vista. I do, however, really like the loading screen on 7.

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
ive had it for quite some time!!! and i love it!!

its gotta be one of the best os's microsoft has ever unleashed, and thats withouth all the touchscreen tech, cant wait til i but a touchscreen and try this bad boy out!

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
From the screenshots I've seen it just looks like it's taken all the worst bits of vista and chucked them into together in a giant mixing bowl, baked for 45 minutes and produced a soggy, tasteless cake of UGLY. But I suppose I can't pass judgement without trying it. So, I'm downloading it now. When I've tried it out, I'll be able to REALLY hate it :p

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've been running it on my tablet for a month. It's pretty decent for the most part. I never used Vista, so I can't really compare on that account, but this one runs pretty well.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
I can not get it to install XD.

Hell I had trouble with linux on this laptop o_O.

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
The taskbar is the best of all improvements, it really makes things faster and nicer :) I love it.

B

Butterfly Mage

So far, I like the beta quite a bit. Of course, it's buggy as all get out. but visually, I like it. It's also quite a bit faster than Vista.

K

kitty0230

I just got it up and running 15 minutes ago, havent even got firefox going yet! so far i like it. and i dont have any initial problems.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I'm stopping for the night but I have 71% downloaded. Expect a review tomorow-ish[/font]

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So far, I like the beta quite a bit. Of course, it's buggy as all get out. but visually, I like it. It's also quite a bit faster than Vista.
What bugs have you found? I'm just curious, as I've found very few so far. Sometimes the Adobe plugin doesn't work well with IE8 (it stops working until I restart IE), and sometimes my desktop randomly flashes on top of windows, but it's just a minor annoyance.

SomebodyE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
One of the guys over at the [H] Forum did some benchmarks comparing 64-bit XP, Vista, and 7.
Benchmarks: 64-Bit XP, Vista, and Windows 7 Beta Compared - [H]ard|Forum

Interesting read. It seems to match up with my experiences. 7 builds on Vista with additional performance improvements.

I like it. The new taskbar takes some getting used to, but seems to be better. The new Media Center is cool. Otherwise it looks like Vista.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I made a topic about it a month or two ago when it was still pre-beta I believe.
I've been using it for a long time (imo) and I like it.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
I would download and install it, if I had access to the computer that no one is using, and is sitting next to my computer but for some reason my dad won't let me use it. Seriously, I used it for a while while I didn't have this computer (woot for bad grades) and ever since I got my comp back, it has set next to it taking up space.ANYWAYS.

I'm not going to EVER install it on this computer I believe. I have to many important things, and I don't want to have an epic fail of epicness when I install it =/.

I doubt either one of these computers could run it anyways =/.

I might make a partition on this comp, and try and run it, like I did Vista. But knowing my dad, he'll get pissed like always, and be like WTF YOU PUTTIN ON MEH COMPUTER, btw it's mine, and I'll be like "Windows 7 Beta" and he'll have a heart attack and scream and yell at me for puttin shit I shouldn't put on my comp, even though I have hundreds of programs on my computer *breaths in deeply* yeah.

SomebodyE

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I doubt either one of these computers could run it anyways =/.

I might make a partition on this comp, and try and run it, like I did Vista.
Its requirements are about the same as Vista, but it does seem to scale better on lower end hardware. It even runs reasonably well with 512 MB of RAM. Why anyone would use 512 MB when RAM costs about $10/GB is beyond me, but at least you know you can. :)

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, same requirements as Vista, but a few years later :p. That's the difference. Havingm ore RAM is a plus, though. I think there are some memory leaks in the beta as well. I had Windows Journal using 350MB for a 2 page document.. closing it and reopening the document only caused it to use a little under 50MB.

Also, if you only have 512MB chances are you're still using DDR1, which is unfortunately a bitm ore expensive than DDR2 memory. Still, it's worth the investment :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.