Wiki Integration

How should user pages on the wiki be treated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Please vote on your preferred wiki integration.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I Chose redirect because I know that most people won't make a page in wiki. The profiles will always exist.

Role
Private
Each user page / user talk page should redirect to their forum profile.

As much as I loved my Wiki page, as Martin pointed out, not many people made them. Everyone has a profile from the moment they join this site. So it would be more beneficial to have it redirect to the site profile.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Well I said the last choice cause as much as I would like to have a wiki page, I don't know how to make the damn things, too technical for my liking, lol, I just barely know the basic for wikipedia as it is......

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i voted for the first one. the forums and the wiki don't have to be seamlessly integrated: they're two seperate features of the site, and a lot of people were having fun with their user talk pages, writing articles about each other and such. i really see no reason to do away with user talk pages -- aren't they a fundamental part of any wiki? but then again i hardly ever use the wiki so i don't know if my opinion should carry any weight.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I picked to go to their normal respective wiki user page.

Pretty much what Avery said. I used mine as a little kind of sketch pad to remind me of my edits and maybe what to do next if I have the time. But as long as I can still access That page I'm happy. I just though it wasn't really useful if It went to their user page all the times.

Also, speaking of user pages. What is it with the gallery and clicking user names. It goes to the gallery version of their user page. Not very helpful and fairly annoying.

Role
Private
Also, speaking of user pages. What is it with the gallery and clicking user names. It goes to the gallery version of their user page. Not very helpful and fairly annoying.
I've noticed this too.

When you click the "Profile" link when you are on someone's gallery page, it takes you right back to their gallery page, not their actual profile!

Can this link get changed, please?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I've noticed this too.

When you click the "Profile" link when you are on someone's gallery page, it takes you right back to their gallery page, not their actual profile!

Can this link get changed, please?
Since there are some situations when you want to access a user's gallery "profile", instead of their forum profile, I have left that unchanged. I have, however, added a link from gallery profiles to forum profiles... so that it is easier to move between the two.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I voted for the first one. Why so serious ADISC? It didn't negatively affect the Wiki and it didn't contribute to it. No reason to kill them off is there? I had lots of fun writing completely truthful information about myself!

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wiki user and user talk pages should be normal wiki pages.

Come on, even if not many people use the wiki pages, I absolutely LOVE seeing pages of those who do (like Point), and it doesn't negatively influence the community, does it? The profile gives basic information about you, but the wiki page is something that you can fully personalize, and that's a great way to communicate with others quickly and easily instead of creating a thread about yourself. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.