• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

wiki article discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
believe it or not, i actually had something to say in one of the wiki article discussion threads -- i wanted to recommend that people add more links to the article on abena xplusses. a thread to discuss that article has already been created, but because it was created so long ago it has automatically closed. i checked in thread tools but the "reopen thread" option wasn't available.

perhaps something should be done about this so that people can continue discussing articles even several months after the discussion thread was created. (although personally i think it would make a lot more sense to just have an ordinary discussion page like wikipedia.)

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I know Dannytheninja will probably disagree with me, but I think we should have those threads stop appearing...At least not in the automatic way when you press something, since so many people have accidentally pressed whatever causes them, and then ask it for it to bed locked/deleted

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i know. most of them are accidents. the benefit of having an ordinary discussion page is that you could view the discussion, even if there wasn't anything posted there, without inadvertently creating a thread.

anyway, my point is that as long as we're going to have the wiki article discussions appear as forum threads, it's no good for them to get automatically closed like other threads after a couple of months without activity.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I agree with Avery, I only see one problem, how many people look at the discus pages? We'd need something like a page with the currently active discussion pages. (post within the last month)

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I agree with Avery, I only see one problem, how many people look at the discus pages? We'd need something like a page with the currently active discussion pages. (post within the last month)
If I am reading an artical I would read the discussion page. But one thing that gripes me is that the link is always blue to refer the page exists. When really it may not be. And I find it linking back to the forum very annoying and not that well adaptable.

I personally would prefer if it was reverted back to the Wiki style of things. IIRC Moo did say he can change the settings on an individual member basis. But you have to use the request forum. But What's the point if you can use it and no one else can? It may make my life easier. But Not everyone else who may wish to contribute. Which defeats the point of the Wiki.

Also, A slight little annoyance, but minor. is that I think the stylesheets or something is messed up. Mainly when the edit button is formatted on the page. But It just looked odd when it became more intergrated into the forum.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
A lot of people click the discussion button obviously, judging by how many accidental threads there are! :detective3

Role
Private
I think we should just wait it out until we get a number of people who are actively editing and improving Wiki articles.

There's no point in discussing it if no one is participating, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.