Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The Wii and the PS3 are still fighting (though Wii is definitely winning for now)!
What is your opinion about Wii VS PS3? Which do you prefer? What would you like to see in both consoles? Here's a little video describing the features of the PS3 and the Wii in a very... imaginative way ;)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MFoyp71xw3w

As for my opinion... Honestly, I never played the PS3, but I believe that the Wii is more of a future than the PS3's Blu-Ray :p
I mean just take a look at both consoles. The Wii has a revolutionary controller that can be FLIPPED on its side to play more classical games, possessing motion sensing, and integrated speaker, lots of accessories like the Balance Board, the Wheel, the Zapper, the Nunchuk and a lot of unofficial accessories like swords. The Wii's games are much more original than the PS3's. Look at this video of No More Heroes. To me, it looks much more exciting than, say, Grand Theft Auto, but that's because I can't think of something that relatively seems like NMH. Another advantage of the Wii is that it actually helps you lose weight. Playing Wii Sports made me sweat, and Wii Fit is definitely going to help you lose weight.
No More Heroes Introduction: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ncuR0qZpglc
No More Heroes Preview: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tDSot5r1TzM
Wii Fit videos (click on Wii Tours): http://www.wiifolder.com/

I will probably post more later, I'm tired of typing right now, I'm looking for the release date of No More Heroes in Canada.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Thats cool parts are right parts are wrong. Other parts are crazy.(wii vs ps3)

Sye

Contributor
Role
Private
I prefer my Wii to playing a PS3, but its unfair to judge the Wii in the same classification as PS3 and Xbox 360. The Wii has been brilliantly designed to breech the gap between the generations of gaming, its designed so that both very young, and rather mature (*cough*) people can both play the Wii and have fun doing it, unlike the Xbox and Playstation, who are more geared towards the hardcore gamers.

The best example would be the difference in the types of games released on the consoles, the Wii gets Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, the Xbox and PS3 get Portal, the Wii gets Endless Ocean and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, the other two get Devil May Cry, Fable 2, Bioshock etc, you see?

Then again, the Wii was chalked for a release of Manhunt 2, I wonder wether they went ahead with it...

so yeah, point being, the Wii gets my vote.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Super Smash Bros. Brawl got the 9th perfect score in all history of the Famitsu Japanese magazine.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
*looks at the sales ratio of wii to ps3 in UK*

LOL... Wii :D

Why's the 360 not in there?? Oh wait... it's too awesome. :p

Role
Diaper Lover
I only know 1 person in the UK with a PS3 and not surprisingly he has no money left. Wii's are pretty awesome but I'll still stand by the Xbox 360, at least until GTA4 comes out.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I should have added the poll when I created the thread... Oh well, anyways I mentioned the Wii and PS3 because Xbox is kinda in the middle. And there are more Wii VS PS3 stuff than Wii VS Xbox 360 or PS3 VS Xbox 360.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I should have added the poll when I created the thread... Oh well, anyways I mentioned the Wii and PS3 because Xbox is kinda in the middle. And there are more Wii VS PS3 stuff than Wii VS Xbox 360 or PS3 VS Xbox 360.
Oh... i thought you left it out cos the Wii and PS3 don't compare lol

But Wii is teh awesomez! ^.^

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
This seems kinda silly, actually. Why would you compare a last generation console to a current generation console? o_O This ought to be PS3 vs Xbox 360.
Or you know, PS2 vs Wii?

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
This seems kinda silly, actually. Why would you compare a last generation console to a current generation console? o_O This ought to be PS3 vs Xbox 360.
Or you know, PS2 vs Wii?
Wii isn't exactly Last generation Wii's competitors are the PS3 and 360. The market for last generations consoles isn't really that hot any mroe in compared to modern consoles.

But for me Wii is in a different league for a home gaming entertainment system. Its got a far broader audience to appeal to. So no wonder why it is doing so well.

But for us Gamers, We demand the latest, that is where Sony and Microsoft step in. I personally have played on both consoles. And I would prefer PS3. Why? I don't know how to explain it in words, but it felt more welcoming. I am not a fan of Sony. Been primarily a Nintendo Fan. But since I don't console game that much, I don't think it isn't too much of a biased opinion.

Anyway, Where is the PC option :p

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Better? How? Blu-ray seems to be winning the disc-format wars. I have heard tell the PS3 has more potential in technical ways, so game designers should admire it more. Xbox has several great games to itself, eg Mass Effect, Halo 3.
Wii outsells both of them; millions of people think it is "better" in some sense: mostly for cost effectiveness, I expect. I prefer the 360 for my needs. I think the Wii has a sort of cachet of being more family-friendly, and better suited to younger kids. Its price, looks, and premier games like Mario and Zelda give it a "toy-like" cachet, the other two are more like appliances for older teens/adults. If Wii is branded as "the platform for" general-rated games, that is how the people buying it ie parents will think of it: the perception being that nasty violent games like GTA, overly complex games like Elder Scrolls, and games that have mature levels of philosophy embedded like Bioshock, which are unsuitable for younger players who should only be faced with simplistic game worlds with clear-cut good & evil, won't appear on Wii.

While this is purest nonsense of course: You can play Chess or Tetris or Scrabble on an Xbox, and you can play bloody gory games on the Wii. Marketing is a matter of perception, not necessarily fact.

Last edited:

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The Wii has plenty of M-rated games too, like the Godfather, No More Heroes and A LOT more. I just don't remember the titles XD

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i have to go with wii, although i never played ps3. i work at blockbuster and i see a lot more x360 and wii games go out then i do ps3. there's just more demand for the shoot 'em up games of x360 and the hand motion games of wii than there is for a ps3. blue-ray might be winning (yes, warner bros ended that fight a few weeks ago), but it's all new programming and coding to make blu-ray just makes it less cost-effective to make. i think the next gen of game consoles will all be the new hd format and that's when those types of systems will really take off.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Okay. I have a Ps3. I also Have a Wii. I have played all the "good" 360 games. Ps3 is by far the best. I usually defend the Ps3 from the people who listen to the 360 fanboys and all their misconceptions about it. A few Reasons Ps3 is better:

1. Blu-ray. The obvious one, Bluray is going to beat out HD-DVD. Why? Disney. Disney is only selling rights to Bluray, and Bluray is reaping the rewards because of it.

2. Free online. Granted, it's not quite as good as live, but then again, it doesn't cost $200 for four years. You really don't lose much from live either.

3. The Price. Believe it or not, Ps3 is the same price as the 360. It's now $400 for a 40 GB system with all the features. Also you don't have the $200 tack on of live.

4. It does have playback. End of story.

5. Home screen. It's a lot easier to navigate through all your stuff than I find with the 360 (Granted, I don't have a 360 myself, and this is easily debatable)

6. Games. They don't have the fame like Halo, Bioshock, etc. but it has a few gems that Sony managed to snag.

7. Six-axis tilt. OMG!!!11!!They toks out Rumbls!one!!!1!! Frankly, you don't even notice there is not rumble, and the way game developers throw in the tilt controls are more than cool (Wii people, don't try to tell me Sony stole the idea, Sony's wanted to do this since Ps1).

Anyways, there you have it, call me a fanboy (You're wrong, but everyone's entitled to their opinion) if you like, but that basically sums it up.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
That's convincing, but I still prefer the Wii. There are also a lot of possibilities with that console, new controllers as well as the Virtual Console games. And I love video games, but I TOTALLY SUCK AT THEM so I'm more of a casual gamer I guess. And my parents want me to play sports but I don't want to waste time outside, Wii Fit will fix that problem X3

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Though I prefer the Wii to the PS3 and Xbox 360, it would probably be better if you typed arguments or more information on your opinion rather than just saying that "The Wii pwns", which can be true or false depending on the point of view.

Angel-In-Diapers

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Wii ftw, b/c I own one =)
I have played a ps3, however, and it is great, although I am still an adamant Nintendo Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.