Wii 2?! Are you Effin' Kidding?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
They always do this sort of thing. People want the next great gamesconsole, people will buy it. Look at all the different 360s now.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Every company start development of their next console before the current one is even released. This news means nothing.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Actually, Sony has stated numerous times the Ps3 is going to be a long term system, supposedly going to last around 10 years.
But the PS2 was a 10 year system too but after what 8 years of the PS2 being out they put the PS3 on the market. The last AAA title for the PS2 that were not next-gen watered down ports was God Of War 2 yet the PS2 is still within is 10 year life span.

Plus I have to fix my PS2 about 3 times ever two years due to the dreaded disc read error. The PS3 itself already has a cluster ^%&$ of problems. No backwards compatibility unless you want to drop 100 bucks more which is pretty much what a new PS2 cost anyway. Installing video games like PC games just to play them yet not having mod's like PC versions. the "8" core CPU that's insanely difficult to program on while making full use of it. Plus it only has a video card on comparison with a 7800GT, two video card generations behind.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Ooh... cool... maybe now I'll hold off on buying one.

I hope they revise the controls a bit... while the motion stuff is fun it's not well suited for all game types.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
But the PS2 was a 10 year system too but after what 8 years of the PS2 being out they put the PS3 on the market. The last AAA title for the PS2 that were not next-gen watered down ports was God Of War 2 yet the PS2 is still within is 10 year life span.
What they mean is that they will continue to support the PS3 and PS3 developers for 10 years. The PS2 is getting the same treatment, because you still see PS2 games being release.

isaactheman

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Acually do you guys remember when the "Nintendo Revolution" was supposed to come out instead of the wii? well what i've been hearing is that they are now gonna release the Revolution which will accept all the old games due to its "Multiple Port System". Pretty much it will combine all the old systems in one...almost like the physical virtual console lol. So i think this just might be a rumor or a primitive announcement that will surely change over the production time...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Ooh... cool... maybe now I'll hold off on buying one.

I hope they revise the controls a bit... while the motion stuff is fun it's not well suited for all game types.
Its not the systems fault its the game developers. All they add in the game is " "Shake The Wii remote!!!!" to attack. There's tons of stuff they could do with it they just aren't trying since shitty games like chicken shoot make little billy's mommy oooh and aww.. Since the Wii has amassed Casual gamers its hard to find any truly great games. Granted I own 8 different Wii games 7 of which are pretty damn good (the one that sucks is Pokemon Battle Rev there is real reason point to own that game at all.).

Plus we got the classic controller and the gamecube controller. Game makers can design games uses those controllers if they don't want motion controlled or pointers.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think we're looking at this too much from a middle-class consumer point-of-view and not from a budding, state-of-the-art company's capitalist point-of-view.

Of course they're working on a new machine. They'd be morons if they weren't, because it can take several years to develop the advanced technology to hopefully blow the next-generation technology of the opponents out of the water. Think of it in terms of Final Fantasy -- by the time a new Final Fantasy is done, you can damned well be sure that developing teams are already at work on the next one, and the one after it. The same happens with Madden games.

If a company sat back and tried to ride off of their most recent creation without looking ahead to the future, they would be entirely ****ed.

Your Wii still has years of playtime left, and by the time another one comes out, you'll be more excited from the hype than you were ever pissed at the idea.

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You guys are taking this for more than it really is. Wii 2 will most definitely NOT be the final name, hell, it probably won't be the advertising name when the next gen era comes.. Remember the N64 was originally the Ultra 64, Gamecube was originally the Nintendo Dolphin, and the Wii was originally the Nintendo Revolution. Wii 2 is just the concept name and its something to get a ground on and sounds better than just saying "we're working on untitled Nintendo console".

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
It is way too early to talk about new consoles. I am willing to bet that all we'll see in the coming two years is a redesigned package (smaller PS3 perhaps).

I absolutely refuse to believe news about new consoles unless it's from multiple credible sources, or from the manufacturer themselves.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Doesn't surprise me, given the advances we have made with technology such as motion-detection and such lately. I am not surprised by this, really.

WildThing121675

Status
Not open for further replies.