Wify and kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
It's different because being compelled to be a dl is not sexual, nor based on any kind of sexuality in the least. It is a part of who we are, not just something we engage in like with sex.

I agree, but at the same time it's behaviour that you may not want your children know you engage in, this can apply to a few different things, say, smoking, if you don't want to expose your children to smoking but still want to continue smoking, then you shouldn't smoke in front of your children.

In this case, we also have the mental wellbeing of others to consider, at the end of the day, wearing a diaper without medical reasons is not a common social norm, and exposing your children to it may be detrimental to their development.

Lewis Badger said:
I agree, but at the same time it's behaviour that you may not want your children know you engage in, this can apply to a few different things, say, smoking, if you don't want to expose your children to smoking but still want to continue smoking, then you shouldn't smoke in front of your children.

In this case, we also have the mental wellbeing of others to consider, at the end of the day, wearing a diaper without medical reasons is not a common social norm, and exposing your children to it may be detrimental to their development.
Good analogy. Like smoking I would never suggest a parent go around in just a diaper in front of their kids unless the situation was appropriate (as would be similar for underwear or swimwear). But with smoking, would you go out of your way to keep it completely hidden from them? And smoking IS a choice and addiction, being a dl is neither.

Reactions: littlemoosey
Slomo said:
Good analogy. Like smoking I would never suggest a parent go around in just a diaper in front of their kids unless the situation was appropriate (as would be similar for underwear or swimwear). But with smoking, would you go out of your way to keep it completely hidden from them? And smoking IS a choice and addiction, being a dl is neither.

I agree with your comment.

I would say, though, that being a DL, in so far as the enjoyment of the feeling and comfort of being in diapers provide is a choice, a DL doesn't have to wear diapers (unless you're both DL an IC). Similarly, some people may be more predisposed to smoking.

To be clear, I'm not saying you should be ashamed of being a DL at all, or that you must hide this from your children at all cost, there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking diapers (duh), nor do I believe it is inherently wrong or especially damaging for children to learn that their parent(s) wear diapers (just as they may eventually come to learn that they have sex) if they have a healthy explanation, but it inevitably changes the dynamics of the relationship.

Lewis Badger said:
I agree with your comment.

I would say, though, that being a DL, in so far as the enjoyment of the feeling and comfort of being in diapers provide is a choice, a DL doesn't have to wear diapers (unless you're both DL an IC). Similarly, some people may be more predisposed to smoking.

To be clear, I'm not saying you should be ashamed of being a DL at all, or that you must hide this from your children at all cost, there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking diapers (duh), nor do I believe it is inherently wrong or especially damaging for children to learn that their parent(s) wear diapers (just as they may eventually come to learn that they have sex) if they have a healthy explanation, but it inevitably changes the dynamics of the relationship.
You are partly right, but it goes much deeper. Being a dl means we are compelled to needing diapers, mentally. They are much more than just a comfort or enjoyement thing for us, though that is a feeling we get from them. And the more we try and deny that need the worse our mental state becomes. Though we can choose when and how often we wear- to a degree- we do not have a choice of wearing diaper in itself. We know this because most all of us have experienced purging to the point our compulsion got so strong it led to the inevitable binge. It truly is a need in a mental sense, just as it is a need in a physical sense for an incontinent person.

Slomo said:
You are partly right, but it goes much deeper. Being a dl means we are compelled to needing diapers, mentally. They are much more than just a comfort or enjoyement thing for us, though that is a feeling we get from them. And the more we try and deny that need the worse our mental state becomes. Though we can choose when and how often we wear- to a degree- we do not have a choice of wearing diaper in itself. We know this because most all of us have experienced purging to the point our compulsion got so strong it led to the inevitable binge. It truly is a need in a mental sense, just as it is a need in a physical sense for an incontinent person.

Hmmmm I think I'll have to disagree here, I lived the last decade without wearing diapers to no real ill effect, even though the desire was always present, having said that I'd accept that it works on a spectrum like many other things and others may have a much stronger need to be diapered.

I'd also say that if wearing diapers is a critical part of your mental wellbeing, then wear to your heart's content, it's not something one should be afraid of.

Lewis Badger said:
even though the desire was always present,
This says it all. Yeah it's a spectrum, and exactly like I said we can choose how often to wear diapers- to a degree. You aren't disagreeing with me, your words affirm my own.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
I have minor bladder issues so I wear diapers when I need to. I usually wear diapers on road trips and while at hotel stays, just in case. The kids know about it because they accidentally saw them in a drawer in the closet and they didn't even know such a thing even existed for adults. So we just explained it's a medical issue and that nobody else needs to know about it, not even relatives. Just like other medical issues you might have, you usually don't go around announcing to everyone. And, they know if I don't have them on the road trips, it takes longer to get where we are going. But before that happened, I had worn diapers around them many times, and they had no idea before because I kept them well concealed and wear a style that is not bulky or that makes a lot of noise to where someone would even suspect it's a crinkle of a diaper. My wife says she can't tell when I am wearing most of the time unless it is sticking out, and doubts anyone else can either.

Last edited:
Slomo said:
This says it all. Yeah it's a spectrum, and exactly like I said we can choose how often to wear diapers- to a degree. You aren't disagreeing with me, your words affirm my own.
We agree for the most part, where we may have a disagreement is perhaps my view that a DL not wearing diapers will not always have serious ill effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back