Widest diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykdprdave

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Just curious what’s out there for diapers that are really wide in the crotch?

I just find that a lot of them could be wider for a bit more room in there once the diapers wet

I have found the Bambino brand to be the widest diapers in the crotch area that I have ever tried. Their could be something else wider, but I haven't seen them yet.

Unless they’ve changed in the recent years they were decently wide but not exceptional (they were my daily for many years).

But being harder/more expensive to get up here now (rearz only, who I choose not to do business with) and being between sizes with them I’ll be looking for alternatives

Rearz I find are significantly wider than the other diapers, so much more than Crinklz, Tykables, ABU, and other diapers I've tried. You could also try a waddle pant to get more breadth, or double diapering with a size up. Not sure what you have against Rearz but they're a great option

Last edited:
Their numerous attempts to monopolize the industry and having sub par products is my issue with them, not that it matters. I’ve used a lot of their diapers in the past

I’m not looking for a waddler or anything like that, like stated I’m looking to find a wider, more comfortable diaper to wear during these long shifts when I can’t change. Most diapers I find seem to be too narrow in the crotch. When taped on comfortably, just snug enough to not leak, once wet the swelling has nowhere to go really and they become tight and uncomfortable after a while

Have you considered wearing a pants size up or just a different, more flexible material if possible? A wider diaper probably won't help if the crotch area is already too snug. You just need to take under consideration that a premium high absorbency diaper is going to swell. Also Rearz products are some of the highest quality out there, not sure what's so subpar about them, and business is business, not sure how they've ever really tried to monopolize

Last edited:
Rearz or Forsite for sure.

Looking at the stash, the Rearz Princess and Safari are the widest of what I have stocked - which is about 20 different styles at the moment. Confidry 24/7 are pretty close though.

Rearz and forsite indeed as mentioned earlier.
I prefer the extra width for the night.

Id slip maxi prime is also wider than most regular diapers

rearz, abuniverse, cuddlz, nappiesrus, and bambino have the widesct padding inthe crotch. 8-9" on some of their models.

ykdprdave said:
I’m not looking for a waddler or anything like that, like stated I’m looking to find a wider, more comfortable diaper to wear during these long shifts when I can’t change. Most diapers I find seem to be too narrow in the crotch. When taped on comfortably, just snug enough to not leak, once wet the swelling has nowhere to go really and they become tight and uncomfortable after a while

The Little Rawrs, our new diaper, has a wider cut than our Overnights for example which would give you what you are looking for. This is simalar to a few others that we have such as the Little Rascals and the Pride for example from Nappiesrus which are a similar if not near identical cut to most Rearz products. The biggest difference is that our Little Rawrs has our Active Littles Grips, velcro sytel hook and loop, while the Little Rascals and Pride have adhesive tapes.

I’d like to try out the rawrs, just to say I’ve tried them anyways lol.

Last I checked daynitecare or whatever it is, didn’t have them. I don’t mind the other tykables lineups, but I’m not a super fan of Velcro during the day when I’m at work, they just don’t hold up like tapes do for me. If they weren’t so expensive to get here, i would definitely wear tykables a lot more, but at the current price point it’s cheaper to use peekabu which has tapes and plastic backing I prefer more and save $1 a diaper

If you are in Canada you are correct the Little Rawrs are not sold by Daynite Care yet but they do have the Little Rascals which has a simalar cut and uses the adhesive tapes. I was just at their store last week and I know they have those in stock.

Last edited:
I may have to try the crinklz and little rascals. There’s been quite a few new diapers on the market lately I haven’t tried yet. I usually find something that I like and stick with it, which Abu has been working out great the last few years. But as per this thread just want to see what new options may work better

ykdprdave said:
I may have to try the crinklz and little rascals. There’s been quite a few new diapers on the market lately I haven’t tried yet. I usually find something that I like and stick with it, which Abu has been working out great the last few years. But as per this thread just want to see what new options may work better
If you're looking for a wide cut Crinklz won't have that. They're actually a pretty narrow cut, one of the main reasons I prefer Rearz to Crinklz

Last edited:
Yea they might not be the answer to the wider cut, just something different to try I guess

In my experience, Rearz Safari, along with Rearz Rebels (a slightly lower price/lower SAP version).

They're for sure the thickest while *dry* that I've encountered.

Thickness isn’t a big deal, though high absorbency is nice to have for the long days. That’s where I like the peekabu, it’s not super bulky dry, but it can handle a long day at work. They could just be a bit wider imo

ykdprdave said:
Thickness isn’t a big deal, though high absorbency is nice to have for the long days. That’s where I like the peekabu, it’s not super bulky dry, but it can handle a long day at work. They could just be a bit wider imo

They seem to be pretty wide to me? Betterdry/crinklz OTOH are very narrow in the crotch.

I've screwed down the (originally adjustable) shelves in my diaper cabinet to improve stability, and so some shelves are permanently a little taller than others. Since iI stock my diapers in the cabinet on edge, the width of the diapers determins which shelves they can fit on. Two of my shelves are to short to properly fit wider diapers. So this is something I do pay a little attention to.

Topex said:
Have you considered wearing a pants size up or just a different, more flexible material if possible? A wider diaper probably won't help if the crotch area is already too snug. You just need to take under consideration that a premium high absorbency diaper is going to swell. Also Rearz products are some of the highest quality out there, not sure what's so subpar about them, and business is business, not sure how they've ever really tried to monopolize
The way they tried to monopolize the industry was that they applied for a copyright on the term abdl and several variations of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back