Why so many extremists groups these days?

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It feels like there is beginning to be an extremists group for everything these days, I mean you have the Neo-Nazis (racists white Supremacists skinheads), Black Lives Matter, Antifa, The Proud Boys, and who knows how many other groups?

I think extremists are bad no matter what side they are on what their core beliefs are, etc.

I dont think anything is so simple as the old saying "black or white" and such extremists beliefs complicate things and drag everybody down.

CaterpillarSick

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I think they’ve always existed, and social media and the 24-hour news cycle have just made them more visible.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think they’ve always existed, and social media and the 24-hour news cycle have just made them more visible.
Of course extremists have (probably) always existed, but it just seems like there are a lot more of them these days, like for every extreme there must be another on the opposite side, like White Supremacists Vs Black Lives Matter, Antifa vs Proud Boys, etc.

And they all seem to think they are somehow better than the other side and that they aren't all glorified gangs.

I mean a gang is just a group of similar people with similar views right? And how do these groups differ from gangs?

They seem to like brandishing themselves with certain symbols and tattoos, they all have extreme hatred and violence for their rivals, they seem to have similar initiation procedures (getting "beaten in")

Few things are as extreme as much as HATE GROUPS would like people to believe and all these ideologies seem to do is inspire another cycle of the same thing.

Will it ever end? Probably not

CuddleWoozle

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Incontinent
Pff. They've always been around, just more on the fringes of society because in the past we basically looked at them and said "We'll not be having any of your particular nonsense." Now they are getting more attention because they can get attention from people in the news/social media. :p ANY attention is GOOD ATTENTION.

RubberJin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
This may be unpopular but just as the internet allows outsiders like us to gather in a supportive forum like this, it also enables isolated extremists to find each other & gang up.

Also, social media allows an echo-chamber of extreme views and it's hard to fit complex arguments in a tweet.

Lestat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I blame the DAMN media. We can look at the Murders like Charlie Manson/followers or Jeffrey Dahmer or even O.J. Simon trial 1960's to 2000's. The media Hype the crap out of them. But when the Media started talking about the families like 2017 Las Vegas shooting and ignored the shooter. They lost the Hype. We are starting to see the same with the School shootings. Yes, they are still talking about but it more on the lost love one and not the crazed shooter. The one that was overhyped was the one with the Confederate flag. I think the Media overstepped their bounds on that one.

So Until the DAMN media shut the hell up and stop putting the unwanted spotlight on Racist or radical crap. It going to keep growing.

So BLAME THE MEDIA. It is their fault.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I was thinking both media and social media contributing to the increase. With social media, everyone has a voice and a way of communicating with the like minded. We also have a very divided country at the moment and that contributes to more extremism. I'm much more of a centrist myself and I'm starting to feel like centrists are a minority.

ZetaSonic

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
A lot of people are pampered (Ironic that I use that term here, huh?), entitled brats who had everything gift-wrapped and presented to them on a silver platter.

The fact that some journos have a tendency to enable their bad behavior doesn't help either.

Drifter

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Dissatisfaction with how the country is going, combined with the pressures of over-population, naturally leads to violence. It seems the human mind should be capable of using reason to overcome our instinct towards violence, but reason requires reliable information, which is something we don't have. On top of that we seem to be devolving. The trait that gives our species an evolutionary advantage, our intellect, appears to be getting weaker. Well... we still have our opposable thumbs, which come in handy for holding torches, pitchforks, and guns, but....

RubberJin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I blame the DAMN media. We can look at the Murders like Charlie Manson/followers or Jeffrey Dahmer or even O.J. Simon trial 1960's to 2000's. The media Hype the crap out of them. But when the Media started talking about the families like 2017 Las Vegas shooting and ignored the shooter. They lost the Hype. We are starting to see the same with the School shootings. Yes, they are still talking about but it more on the lost love one and not the crazed shooter. The one that was overhyped was the one with the Confederate flag. I think the Media overstepped their bounds on that one.
You're bang on about hyping the criminals, Charlie Brooker nailed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stc42j4Nz2w

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well... we still have our opposable thumbs, which come in handy for holding torches, pitchforks, and guns, but....
Haha....yeah, that's about all that's left of the human race, at least in the great USA!

Lestat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Here how the media should challenge the Neo-Nazis (racists white Supremacists skinheads). How. Either take a DNA test or shut the hell up. Because we know 99.9% of them will not be Pure White.

Now Black lives matter and the Cop Shooting. Instead of talking about the Victims. Which the Courts should deal with that. Maybe talk about the weapons used and the location of the chest Camera a head camera would be better. I could suggest Airsoft gun that uses Pepper spray Bullets. No one gets killed.

Now, this group Antifa. I love the one law enforcement instead of bringing up Racist groups. But focus on the people who start the Riots and are arrested and post their mug shots on TV. They always have their face covered.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, those Neo-Nazis are probably far from pure white like they like to claim they are; and even if they were 100% white, scientifically speaking it can be very beneficial for different races to form relationships and have mixed race children, genetic problems of one Race may not end up plaguing their children; when I was in High School, I had a Jewish science teacher that talked about Tay Sachs and mentioned how certain races (which apparently includes a type of Jew) have a genetic predisposition to the disease; so if they only come together with their own people there is a higher likelihood of getting it.

So in essence their whole "we are a superior race" is BS, if anything mixed race breeding can very well result in stronger genetics.

As for BLM, they act like every time something bad has happened to a Black Person, it is BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK, and it is like "COMEON PEOPLE, ITS NOT THE 1960S ANYMORE," I'm not saying that racism isn't around, but for the most part racism is dying out as more and more people are taught to be nice to and accept everybody; except for if everything they are learning is from racist parents/grandparents/whoever else in their family.

As for Antifa and The Proud Boys, I think they are both wrong in their own ways, one is Far Left, the other is Far Right as very little is an absolute in the world.

Drifter

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The real problem is we are always looking for someone else to blame for our problems.

freechris

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think the biggest factor in the rise in popularity of extremist groups is lack of money. Look at other countries whose economies, once doing well, are now quite poor (i.e. Venezuela, etc.). When people lack wealth and resources like food and basic healthcare, chances are that they will be very unhappy and find somebody to blame it on. Occasionally they blame it on the ones who are guilty (like a greedy wealthy class). But sadly, most of the time, they will channel their anger on groups of innocent people. Look at Germany. Look at Rwanda. And as long as we have economic inequality, this is the pattern we will continue to see. And it's happening in America.

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
Ironically, the emergence of more extremist groups is actually a product of the internet and anonymity. Back before the internet and social media in general most people were too afraid to voice opinions that might be questioned by others, (Be it a reasonable opinion/belief or something totally out there) As the internet and social media emerged into the world people discovered that it was much easier to say things behind a screen typing on a keyboard where no one knew who you really were, these people would get together and find like minded individuals, this is how most extremist groups you hear about now got started, through the internet. Now they've always existed yes, but before the internet it was hard to really get your opinion/view/belief out there without risking damage to your reputation. For example: How many people would you go tell irl that you wore diapers? If you're sane, probably not a lot, yet here we are on an internet site with thousands of members. (Not saying AB/DL is an extremist group, but its just an example as to something more controversial that otherwise people wouldn't talk about in public.)

Drifter

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I agree with Addy. Civil discussions in the general public could still include strong, opposing opinions, but people's behavior, and ultimately their thinking, would be tempered by the group experience. This would make common sense much more likely to be developed in a very literal way as a "sense" we have in common. Anonymous assertions or sources would be seen as suspicious and cowardly, and not worthy of serious consideration.

Cults (extremist groups) have always been around as groups of like minded people who see themselves as different from (superior to) the general population. They develop a way of thinking that is common to the group but not common to the population as a whole. What they have is cult sense rather than common sense. The internet provides a virtual world where like minded people can gather in large numbers much easier than in the past to give their beliefs political power. The appeal of cults is understandable. It's much more enjoyable to be among people who share your beliefs than to be in groups where expressing your beliefs brings ridicule and hostility.

Some cultists, such as liberals or conservatives, aren't even aware they are using cult sense because their cults are so large they give the illusion that the members are using common sense. The problem with approaching issues from a cult perspective is that this is a defensive position rather than an agreement seeking position. The goal is to neutralize the enemy by verbal or physical combat. The internet makes this approach an easy trap to fall into.

daylight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
The Internet (i.e. web, to distinguish other facets) is in a way a global modern graffiti expression. Some are creative, inspiring, and beautiful. While, others are not.

I think that humans are more pessimists than optimists - survival (lizard brain,...). It takes work and self growth to be an optimist whereas, accepting negative ideas/thoughts are easier. There are also factors of economic and life stresses that factor into this (e.g., effects of market globalization).

We (optimists and grounded) people need to make ourselves heard in a positive, and strong, voice. I.e. vote.

Last edited:

Drifter

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
But who should we vote for? ...the candidate who shares our opinions on the issues? ...or the one who will do the right thing even if it means higher taxes for us or more restrictions on things we like to do?

LilByte

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
The country is now split between to core beliefs that is government is the problem, or government is the solution.

Even among the extreme groups there are still only a small % that are the violent extreme. Most the riots I see on youtube/liveleak start with people wanting to be heard on both sides, but end with the people who just showed up to fight getting all the coverage, because that is what people want to see who were not there. Not what did you yell the loudest, but who got rekt. (same for both sides; human nature)

People are also forcing all middle isle people into a far left or far right camp. they call all left center communists, and all right of center natzi's. Both of these are false, just because they may agree with one or two things from a massive ideology, does not make them instantly for that ideology.

I've been threatened myself from people on discord from adisc that they were going to kill me because I deserved to die for simply saying I supported some of the things trump was doing, even tho I mentioned I didn't vote for him or Hillary. These sample people defend antifa as a good group on twitter.

Sad times.