Why not a lot of ABDL people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilentlySpeaking said:
I agree though am I odd for thinking it doesn't sound cute to me? In feels weird I know it is meant to be cute but vocal it feels.....choppy? Odd? Baby bable is very often moth it makes sense the noises they make an link fit well, that to me just doesn't (sorry I grew up with a lot of nieces and nephews so baby sounds are pretty familiar to me

Yes, most baby babble has some relation to real words - for example, "ba" is often 'ball', "na-na" for banana, and of course "mama" precedes 'Mom/Mum/Mummy'. At the very least, it's usually sounds which have some relation to actual words infants hear around them, whereas there's almost no words which include a 'goo' or 'gah'* sound (*closer phonetically than 'ga').

As for whether it sounds cute, I think, as with anything, it depends on who says the words and the way in which they're said. Some people could make nursery rhymes sound threatening, whilst others could make laundry detergent ingredients sound adorable.

I'm sorry if i hurt someone this thread.

toyfun said:

Toyfun, you haven't hurt or upset anyone. What gave you the idea that you had? All that I can see is a friendly debate, which I've somehow managed to take off topic into a discussion about infant phonetics (so if anyone should be sorry, it's me!). :eek:

toyfun said:

Who do you think you hurt? I know you didn't hurt me neither did you hurt Sandwich.

- - - Updated - - -

Sanch said:

That's your new nickname for you instead of SirNapsAlo-zZzZzZzZzZz

Stop misquoting me, Snivy. I never said 'ping'! :laugh:

Sanch said:
Stop misquoting me, Snivy. I never said 'ping'! :laugh:

I know. Putting "Ping" in a quote if a user is to attract their attention.

Putting "Snip" or "cut" in a quote of a user means to cut down the size of text.

I pinged you so that way I would get your attention on something. It's really useful when someone missed your post and you want to acknowledge it to someone or possibly a friend of yours. The one thing you can't do is change text in the quote or add attributes of users that they never said, it's not bad or against the rules but it causes confusion to alot of users.

Then...not mad me?

toyfun said:

I agree with the others, I don't think you have managed to hurt anyone,

I too am sorry for derailing the thread,

As for why there aren't as many adult babies I agree with others who have said it would have been worse in the past, I think the reason is it is still highly stigmatized and not a lot of people know about it, also there are a lot of adults who feel there is a clear line between child and adult and once you hit adult you can't or shouldn't go back, they feel insacure about it really,

I think back to growing up and how kids would always try and prove how mature and grown up they were by refusing to do or play with things they saw or thought of as baby stuff and would use that as a way to gp bully those who liked it, it was also a way for them to sort of assert a type of dominance over the other kids, so I think that may be have played a big role in adults not being into to ABDL as much either, sort of a continuum of peer pressure to confirm and clearly distinguish ones self as mature and not a baby, kinda silly but does that make any sense?

- - - Updated - - -

toyfun said:
Then...not mad me?

No not mad at all! This is actually a very interesting topic and conversation, at least to me it is.

I'm not mad either.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why some people get upset about being misquoted or when their texts get shortened when quoted or when someone cherry picks?

I understand. And i agree. really interesting topic. And i relieved. I'm happy, because i see for you likes this thread. :)

I like this thread and I don't think you offended anyone, at least I'm not offended so theres a vote in your favor.

I don't think there are a lot of adult baby's out there because it's a unique interest. Everyone likes different things and that's part of what makes us who we are.

I do personally think that people who have AB tendencys arent doing this as a hobby so to speak its more like something that is just innate in them. At least for me it's a thing I HAVE to do or I don't feel right.

I also think we are trained at a young age to go with the crowd. It's human nature to want to fit in and a part of fitting in is rejecting what we don't perceive as normal. Combine that with the fact that we have a very stron distinction between what adults should do and what children should do and that adult babies have not been fairly represented to the public at large and you have a recipient for disaster.

We're viewed as damaged, traumatized, sick or retarded when that isn't the case at all or at least not in the majority of adult babies.

The odds of us ever beig accepted by the public at large is pretty much in the negatives and that's why having places like this is so important. We live mostly online because we're safe here and as much as it would be nice to live in a world where we can be open about who we are, the world isn't ready for us yet.

That's not to say you can't find a partner or friends in real life who will accept you that's just to say that it should be judge on a case by case basis.

Oh it's very true. the World is not mature for ABDLs. Thanks your post. I'm crying because your post is very nice :)

Calico said:
I lost deep respect for her after I saw her bigotry video about us. I have no problem when people complain about AB jerks like trolling IC boards or trying to flaunt their diapers to everyone or trying to find a mommy and having it be all gimme gimme gimme but when they lump us all in one group saying we all do it and calling us all sick and how we are all a mockery to them and to people with trauma, etc. then I have issues with that person.

backindiapers makes great videos and she is incontinent herself and she has done some rants about AB jerks but the difference is she didn't put us all down, only talked about the ones who do things that are not okay. She is also a AB/DL. I think that came after her condition but she said she has always had AB/DL tenancies.

Yeah, I've seen her videos before and it was pretty wretchedly hypocritical. I don't think most incontinent people see us that way, or at least I hope not. The way I see incontinence, you are stuck with it. So you can choose to either embrace it and make it enjoyable to some degree to you, or stay miserable about it and dread every moment you spend confined to a diaper. What better way to have fun with it than becoming an AB or a DL? You may find the AB side of the spectrum unappealing - that just means it isn't for you. Doesn't mean you need to trash and mock them in a bigoted rant. It's a shame because beyond that her videos gave lots of insight and good advice. You'd think someone not only so smart but also humbled by multiple disabilities would be more understanding and sympathetic towards people who may have had a troubled past... obviously we don't choose who we become and the cards we're dealt. You'd think she of all people would understand that.

In response to OP: I think in time the world will come to accept ABDLs. Think about how just a few years ago gays weren't even able to be themselves or even reveal who they were without being ridiculed and treated like outsiders - even beat up or killed. The world is quickly evolving towards acceptance for people that are different, and embracing the idea of living your own life without worrying what others think. I don't think that acceptance won't eventually extend to us - I've already seen many "mainstream" posters on Yahoo Answers and other general public messaging boards with an overwhelming number of people saying "they don't hurt anyone doing it, so to each their own" when the topic comes up. Think of how different the world is now from just 50 or so years ago...

jeremyi said:
Yeah, I've seen her videos before and it was pretty wretchedly hypocritical. I don't think most incontinent people see us that way, or at least I hope not. The way I see incontinence, you are stuck with it. So you can choose to either embrace it and make it enjoyable to some degree to you, or stay miserable about it and dread every moment you spend confined to a diaper. What better way to have fun with it than becoming an AB or a DL? You may find the AB side of the spectrum unappealing - that just means it isn't for you. Doesn't mean you need to trash and mock them in a bigoted rant. It's a shame because beyond that her videos gave lots of insight and good advice. You'd think someone not only so smart but also humbled by multiple disabilities would be more understanding and sympathetic towards people who may have had a troubled past... obviously we don't choose who we become and the cards we're dealt. You'd think she of all people would understand that.

That's why her video was very disappointing. She makes all these great videos and blog and then you see that bigtory video and then you get a different insight about her and don't look at her the same. Good thing I don't ever have to see her. But she is very conservative I hear and I have noticed it seems like lot of them are very closed minded and don't accept anything different than them. I hope not all of them are that way but I keep seeing it. I wonder what would happen if someone in her family was AB/DL or one of her kids, if she ever has any, or someone in her boyfriend's family. But I liked it when she got slammed in her comments by IC people who were also AB/DL.

Calico said:
That's why her video was very disappointing. She makes all these great videos and blog and then you see that bigtory video and then you get a different insight about her and don't look at her the same. Good thing I don't ever have to see her. But she is very conservative I hear and I have noticed it seems like lot of them are very closed minded and don't accept anything different than them. I hope not all of them are that way but I keep seeing it. I wonder what would happen if someone in her family was AB/DL or one of her kids, if she ever has any, or someone in her boyfriend's family. But I liked it when she got slammed in her comments by IC people who were also AB/DL.

True that! At first I was mad when she started laughing and carrying on in the video, but soon as I scrolled down and read the responses, it made it all worth it :biggrin:

toyfun said:
Then...not mad me?

No why are we mad at you.
We all bring things to the play table some have Passionate feelings.
But we all kind of see things form our own point of view .
Helping us all learn about our self's .
A friendly round table so to speak.

jeremyi said:
True that! At first I was mad when she started laughing and carrying on in the video, but soon as I scrolled down and read the responses, it made it all worth it :biggrin:

And she apparently made it an exception, if you have a medical problem or were abused, then she doesn't judge you for it and seems to find it okay. I wonder how she feels about people with developmental disabilities who also use AB/DL. But yet she said in the video how it's ridiculous how people have use to ab/dl to relax.

Last edited:
Calico said:
And she apparently made it an exception, if you have a medical problem or were abused, then she doesn't judge you for it and seems to find it okay. I wonder how she feels about people with developmental disabilities who also use AB/DL. But yet she said in the video how it's ridiculous how people have use to ab/dl do relax.

Dang, it looks like I'm in the judged category. How will I go on?!?

Trevor said:
Dang, it looks like I'm in the judged category. How will I go on?!?

I often find it strange how I'm supposed to care or be outraged about the opinions of some moron whose views I find ridiculous - either online or IRL. If someone judges me either personally or by association, I'm not too bothered unless it's someone close to me, or an individual whose ideas I value and respect. Some judgmental Vlogger passing judgment on who has a right to be ABDL or not doesn't fall into that category.

Sanch said:
I often find it strange how I'm supposed to care or be outraged about the opinions of some moron whose views I find ridiculous - either online or IRL. If someone judges me either personally or by association, I'm not too bothered unless it's someone close to me, or an individual whose ideas I value and respect. Some judgmental Vlogger passing judgment on who has a right to be ABDL or not doesn't fall into that category.

Well she made an awareness blog about IC and to try and get rid of the stigma about diapers and it was all great stuff until she posted that shit on her channel so it feels like betrayal. if she was just some regular IC person, then I wouldn't care. Like you I valued her opinion about the stigma on diapers and liked what she was doing. She wasn't just a blogger, she was an advocate and a fighter for the stigma about diapers.

I think if you are trying to change something and trying to change the world, at least be a good advocate, not post bigotry videos. What if it was a racist video or hating people, with disabilities or homophobia or transphobia instead she posted instead of ABDLphobia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back