Why is it that some people don't take you seriously unless you get angry?

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Anybody else ever have this problem?

For years growing up I was an angry Kid/Teenager, and anyone picking on me quickly resulted in fighting (which turns out seems like the most effective method with bullies, at least in my experience) ; I still have really strong emotions, particularly if I'm feeling depressed or manic (as I'm Bipolar and situations can push my emotions to extremes) .

at one point I was getting really angry with energy company representatives (I pay NYSEG as they are the default one and I have had negative experiences with other energy companies which go door to door to try to get people to switch; i think I've mentioned this before a while ago) and any that called i would tell the ones i have dealt with that

1. I am not interested in renewing or I wanted to cancel

And

2 . Do not send Representatives to my door - they said they dont send anyone to me door, so I would angrily say "Bullshit, I know you send people to my door and you better stop sending them" .

As it turns out acting angry got through to them and I haven't seen any energy company Representatives since then.

As for new ones that call, I simply say I am the one responsible for the household energy bills and I'm not interested in any of their offers and abruptly hang up (and block their number) and I haven't had trouble with them.

But what is it with some people that it takes these extremes?

I am a big strong guy without an overflow of emotions and adrenaline, nobody wants to have to deal with an angry me, trust me on that.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I am a big strong guy without an overflow of emotions and adrenaline, nobody wants to have to deal with an angry me, trust me on that.
it's not always the strongest one who wins. i'm just a petite ladyboy but i could take out a whole swat team if i wanted to. not with my fists but with science. i could show you how to make dynamite out of car batteries and stump remover

Azie

Poofhoof Princess!
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
Isn't this a repeat thread from about six months ago, with the same person complaining about energy providers...

The sad thing is, even acting angry, you are still going to get solicitors calling/coming to you wanting to sell you services. Its the way of the world sadly.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Isn't this a repeat thread from about six months ago, with the same person complaining about energy providers...

The sad thing is, even acting angry, you are still going to get solicitors calling/coming to you wanting to sell you services. Its the way of the world sadly.
Well, I will burn through that list of solicitors until they all realize I'm not buying and it wont be a smart move to make me mad.

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Anybody else ever have this problem?

For years growing up I was an angry Kid/Teenager, and anyone picking on me quickly resulted in fighting (which turns out seems like the most effective method with bullies, at least in my experience) ; I still have really strong emotions, particularly if I'm feeling depressed or manic (as I'm Bipolar and situations can push my emotions to extremes) .

at one point I was getting really angry with energy company representatives (I pay NYSEG as they are the default one and I have had negative experiences with other energy companies which go door to door to try to get people to switch; i think I've mentioned this before a while ago) and any that called i would tell the ones i have dealt with that

1. I am not interested in renewing or I wanted to cancel

And

2 . Do not send Representatives to my door - they said they dont send anyone to me door, so I would angrily say "Bullshit, I know you send people to my door and you better stop sending them" .

As it turns out acting angry got through to them and I haven't seen any energy company Representatives since then.

As for new ones that call, I simply say I am the one responsible for the household energy bills and I'm not interested in any of their offers and abruptly hang up (and block their number) and I haven't had trouble with them.

But what is it with some people that it takes these extremes?

If you are harassed, just contact the police.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Get a wolf, semi domesticate it and then turn it loose on your solicitors. Go Game of Thrones on them!!!

OmiOMy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
Get a wolf, semi domesticate it and then turn it loose on your solicitors. Go Game of Thrones on them!!!
Name the wolf Winter.

Tell them Winter is coming.

Make an elegant sidestep as Winter chomps the guy on the leg.

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
to hell with those cocky morons. they never do anything to help anyone
I do not know in the country where you are but generally in France the police do pretty well are work :)

TB333

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Another good question would be, why no one cares about somthing until its serious. The ship might be sinking but most wont care till they touch water.

Yooda

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If some inventive politician ever figures out a way to restore "sanity" to phone privacy and solicitation practices, they could probably get more votes for president than Trump did with his silly "fantasy wall."

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I do not know in the country where you are but generally in France the police do pretty well are work :)
Unfortunately the norm in The United States is that (most) cops are major @holes; the cops in town would always be covering for my Oldest Brother; which I'm certain means he was an active snitch for them (he has been busted with drugs (and no not small amounts of weed) and drug paraphernalia and been released hours later when they would likely keep other people for days or weeks or maybe even months)

Not only that but if we knew where he was and they wanted him they would be too lazy to go after him, and when I honestly had no clue where he was and he wasn't home and they came looking for him they acted like I was covering for him.

My oldest brother is a crack smoking @hole that has stolen my stuff most of my life, I would never cover for him.

Plus multiple of my family members have had cops lie about how much they were speeding (if they were speeding in the first place, which they might go over the speed limit by 5 miles which is normal and everyone does it) ; and once my mom was ticketed for "speeding" in the middle of nowhere the cop said the speed limit was 30 MPH, but speed limit was actually 55 or 60.

So yeah F the police.

Yooda

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Being a policeman tends to draw some folks who are "power hungry," other folks who are just wanting to be good policemen, people who are nearly criminals themselves, and people who are actually quite kind. Yes, some of them sometimes are major pains, but we're all human. I've never personally heard first hand of a single cop in this country accepting a bribe (heard directly from an actual person who actually paid a bribe). In other countries where I've lived, you practically can't get through a month without having to pay out a bribe to a cop!

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Being a policeman tends to draw some folks who are "power hungry," other folks who are just wanting to be good policemen, people who are nearly criminals themselves, and people who are actually quite kind. Yes, some of them sometimes are major pains, but we're all human. I've never personally heard first hand of a single cop in this country accepting a bribe (heard directly from an actual person who actually paid a bribe). In other countries where I've lived, you practically can't get through a month without having to pay out a bribe to a cop!
This is indeed a problem in some countries, not in France at the last news, there is the police responsible for the police which avoids too much abuse

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately the norm in The United States is that (most) cops are major @holes; the cops in town would always be covering for my Oldest Brother; which I'm certain means he was an active snitch for them (he has been busted with drugs (and no not small amounts of weed) and drug paraphernalia and been released hours later when they would likely keep other people for days or weeks or maybe even months)

Not only that but if we knew where he was and they wanted him they would be too lazy to go after him, and when I honestly had no clue where he was and he wasn't home and they came looking for him they acted like I was covering for him.

My oldest brother is a crack smoking @hole that has stolen my stuff most of my life, I would never cover for him.

Plus multiple of my family members have had cops lie about how much they were speeding (if they were speeding in the first place, which they might go over the speed limit by 5 miles which is normal and everyone does it) ; and once my mom was ticketed for "speeding" in the middle of nowhere the cop said the speed limit was 30 MPH, but speed limit was actually 55 or 60.

So yeah F the police.
The "indics" exists also in France, but there are very precise rules.

CrazySmoker

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Another similar experience... Why (for example) some junkie ask me for some money ? Why not others first, but me ?!

(Note: I left heroin about 20 years ago, never give them anything and always I send the junkie to the hell.)

And in this way I'd continue may be next week, histories like that for millions...

Kaliborio

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I grew up in a household where, for reasons of 'respect,' I had to maintain flawless emotional control at all times, whereas my parents did not. I am therefore both (a) confident of my ability to separate my real emotions from the emotions I present and (b) dealing with high levels of repressed anger.

I don't show uncontrolled anger. However, I am good at setting boundaries. I am uncomfortably aware that it works primarily because I am reliably able to convey the impression of "I will torture you to death" through only a slight slackening of the eyes, tightening of the jaw, tilting of the head and drooping of the shoulders, and using only the mildest possible snap in my voice.

Dinotopian2002

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I used to struggle with anger management as a child, but I’ve got it well controlled now. Part of my issues stemmed from me having a naturally loud voice - to the point where my dad once told me to shut up while we were on a rollercoaster. Yes, I was THAT loud!

I’ve read a few books on body language and modelling behaviour and as a useful rule, powerful people never shout, even when they are angry. Instead they show it by being cold, or by small gestures. There are ways and means of showing your anger without getting arrested, providing you know how.

I’m also a singer and I now have good projection and vocal control as a result. As a result, these days I only need to raise my voice slightly and people will know I’m angry without needing to shout.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

DocBrown

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
Police are essentially required to commit perjury quite frequently. They are also "required" to harass and discriminate against those who they think are "bad guys". One cop talked about how he was aching to "get" some people, but the folks' car had fully stopped at the stop sign. His fellow cop noted that the stop was technically in the crosswalk and so the car had not stopped BEFORE the intersection. The cops busted the car and, of course, dealt cops everywhere a blow, because yet another group of citizens HATED cops forever because of the sham arrest. After a while that's gotta mess with one's mind.

And people don't take out-of-the-closet ABDLs seriously until they become famous. So, you can get angry and that'll just make them want you to go away. Whether that's by denying you what they'd give anybody else or by just giving you what you want to get rid of you is a risk you take by becoming angry. In either case, they'll label you a jerk and probably label ABDLs jerks by association.

It's way difficult to be ostracized or closeted. Toxic either way, eh?

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Lol, almost nobody even knows I'm ABDL (there is no reason for most people to know, and I'm no exhibitionist) , certainly not the Asshat energy companies that feel it is in good taste to send people to my door with some Spiel that they can "help me save money on my energy/heating bill" and it always ends up being more expensive; that and their stubbornness is why I got so mad at them and started to flat out tell them when I get a phone call that I ain't interested and that they better not send anyone to my door.

DanielW

Est. Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Other, Private
Most of what you're describing with companies isn't not being taken seriously, but customer service reps being forced to do everything they can to get and keep customers. Its awful, but its true. They can get fired for not bringing in new customers and keeping current customers. These people don't know you, they don't want to make anyone angry, but a job's a job - people gotta eat.

If you're having difficulty cancelling a service, just calmly reapeat I am closing my account today etc. If they come to the door tell them not to bother you again and close your door (or don't open it in the first place - that's tip #1)