• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Why is hypnotoad surfacing lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I've been away for a while...
And I come back to find a ton of Hypnotoad stuff.
What's up with that?
I thought there were supposed to be no meme's around here.

EXPLAIN PLEASE!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
It is a meme... admittedly it started innocently enough... but yeah, we do need to be fair about enforcing the rules. No memes means no memes.

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Lol Thanks Charlie, I came back and was like "Hypnotoad, are you kidding me?"

Whats a meme
Hope this helps
Meme - Encyclopedia Dramatica

It is a meme... admittedly it started innocently enough... but yeah, we do need to be fair about enforcing the rules. No memes means no memes.
Yea one of my posts a few months ago got deleted because of a meme but at the time I didn't know that any *chan references weren't allowed.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
IT IS AN EVIL EVIL MEME THAT IS EVIL AND BAD AND WILL TEAR OUT YOUR SOUL AND FORCE YOU INTO UNQUESTIONING SUBMISSION TO THE *CHANS. IT MAY LOOK INNOCENT, BUT IT IS PURE EVIL.

It's Toad Flu. <.<
People just randomly decided to shop Hypnotoad onto their avatars and shout ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD in all caps. It caught on.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

We need a better understanding of what really is and isn't allowed.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
True. I think it bullshit that I got two -2 rep for meme uses but when other people use a meme (hypnotoad), they get jack shit, wtf!.

IT IS AN EVIL EVIL MEME THAT IS EVIL AND BAD AND WILL TEAR OUT YOUR SOUL AND FORCE YOU INTO UNQUESTIONING SUBMISSION TO THE *CHANS. IT MAY LOOK INNOCENT, BUT IT IS PURE EVIL.

It's Toad Flu. <.<
People just randomly decided to shop Hypnotoad onto their avatars and shout ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD in all caps. It caught on.
The problem is that /b/ been doing this much longer then we have.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Guys, I recall from one of the mods saying that all memes that originated from ADISC are okay.

So the Hypnotoad stuff should be okay, as far as I know.

--The Silent Assassin--

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Actually our good friend (and former member) Kraiden made it pretty clear. http://www.adisc.org/forum/regulars-forum/6868-memes-rules-explained.html

And just for you "tl;dr" lazy folks...

Kraiden said:
A meme is any sort of trendy forced spam on any Chan website, be it from 4chan, 420, 7... basically any website that has the "Anonymous" group. If you don't know about it all, don't worry about it.
Basically, Moo and us mods aren't a fan of memes, due to the fact that it promotes 4chan and the group "Anonymous".
And FYI... the "Hypnotoad" meme did not originate on ADISC.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
So Darkfinn your saying Carlie F is breaking a rule while being a admin himself? :smartass:

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
The problem is that /b/ been doing this much longer then we have.
Such is why I warned that it will rip your soul out of you and cause you to unwillingly submit yourself to the evil that is /b/. >.>

And Darkfinn - I still can't understand how using a meme that's already widely spread around the interblag "promotes" the *chans, just because that's where it started. :/

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
So Darkfinn your saying Charlie F is breaking a rule while being a admin himself? :smartass:
I'm saying that the rules should apply equally to everyone... it seems that there are some people around here who tend to get a "free pass"... but that's another matter.

I don't want to start a big fight over this... I'm not really in the mood right now... but if we go back and read the rules it should be pretty clear who is right and who is in the wrong in this situation.

That being said, I like Hypnotoad (the user) and I think the little gag is funny... but now I'm afraid it is going too far.

Again... in all my years on the internet... since using 14.4 dailup AOL on a 386 machine... I have never once been to the "chans" or WTF ever they are... and I have no desire to. I don't care if everyone else here is a member and thinks that it is the greatest thing in the world. Obviously the "powers that be" here on ADISC officially want as little to do with the "chans" as is possible... and as much as I hear of them always degrading people like us and have a jolly good time at it I'd think some others would want to follow the good example and distance themselves from the place.

In my experience the "chans" seem to be a lot like the underground street racing culture. Everyone knows it is there... and when you go to car meets there are very few people who will publicly admit to being a part of it... but sometimes it rears it's ugly head in public, the cops get wind of it, and they clamp down hard. It is better for everyone to act like it doesn't exist...

or is the idea of a little DISCRETION over everyone else's head?

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm saying that the rules should apply equally to everyone... it seems that there are some people around here who tend to get a "free pass"... but that's another matter.

I don't want to start a big fight over this... I'm not really in the mood right now... but if we go back and read the rules it should be pretty clear who is right and who is in the wrong in this situation.

That being said, I like Hypnotoad (the user) and I think the little gag is funny... but now I'm afraid it is going too far.
I get your point but no Hypnotoad pictures have been banned before. Now on the other hand there's a topic out here that has "Fucken" in it's title. If you recall there was a topic called save "Some Fucking snow Lepoards" and the word "Fucking" was removed from the title but left in posts. Now there's some real double standards. (I am not fighting about this crap nor do I want to, like you I just want to point it out.)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
There are a lot of double standards... it comes from having a variety of individuals enforcing the rules... we're all human, we all have different ideas of what is bad... and what is worse.

Personally I would like to see offensive words and cliche terms (OMG, etc.) removed from thread titles... as they do nothing to explain exactly what is contained in said thread. But that is another battle for another day.

Though F2B... I see a hypnotoad in your avatar too... you speak out against it yet seem to be part of the problem.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I look at it this way. We have a no meme rules, either enforce it or get rid of it. Anyone can tell you that hypnotoad is a *chan meme and I even prove that it was a while back in a thread.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
There are a lot of double standards... it comes from having a variety of individuals enforcing the rules... we're all human, we all have different ideas of what is bad... and what is worse.

Personally I would like to see offensive words and cliche terms (OMG, etc.) removed from thread titles... as they do nothing to explain exactly what is contained in said thread. But that is another battle for another day.

Though F2B... I see a hypnotoad in your avatar too... you speak out against it yet seem to be part of the problem.
I am not speaking out against the hypnotoad avatars (Which I think are fine until they comprise 50% or more of a avatar since they all star looking the same since the majority of it is a hpynotoad). I am just speaking out against the double standards I have seen.

F

Falkio

I think everyone is taking this way too seriously. If Moo hasn't stopped it by now (being so prevalent on the forums), then chances are, he doesn't care.

Why should we? If he removes it, fine. He has the authority to do so. If not, let it go.

End of story.

F

FullMetal

I think it is quite funny and harmless. If someone is against it, can you tell me the harm it inflicts?

I get that, when a meme is brought in from a chan site it has a history of being used on a site that is destructive and such, but other than those, I do not see a problem with memes. Since we ARE ON THE INTERNET.... we can't really dismiss traits of the internet...hope that makes sense...

FullMetal

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Agreed FM... I think it is funny and harmless... and the fad will eventually pass. But I do see it as a blatant flaunting of double standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.