Why I am on this Forum.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well. I am wearing diapers because I am tired of running to the bathroom every 20 minutes.

I had a Dr. Appt yesterday and the PA gave me another round of Cipro and a new med to help "smooth out the smooth muscles in the prostate".

Little back story I had a bad infection in the Epimethius in 1995 so they put me on a real strong antibiotic. About three months after that I started having frequency issues. Being 33 there was no doubt to the Doctors that because of my weight I had Diabetes. So they gave my a UA and tested my blood sugar. All was clear so I just "need to lose weight and exercise more". This went on for 3 years. Two of my doctors left private practice and the third one looked into a few other things but still stressed the lose weight and exercise more, until I finally went totally incontinent. Then I was sent to a Urologist and the in office UA was clear as rain. After a major prostate exam (I was ready to give him my pin numbers and credit cards just to get him to stop the exam) it turned out I had a very nasty opportunistic background bacterial infection of the prostate. He put me on a strong antibiotic and cleaned up the infection but warned me that I will have issues for the rest of my life.

So about every 9 to18 months I have to do a round of Cipro to clean up the leaking frequency issues . So last October I had my annual Cipro round.

During the last couple of weeks I stared in with the frequency again. Little concerned, but it is hard to judge because of the elevated water intake for my weight life style change. Then Last weekend I took a day trip to the Oregon coast and the usual 1 1/2 hour trip I had to stop every 30 minutes to go to the bathroom and twice almost did not make it, dripping like a broken faucet.

So I messaged my Doctor and two days later was in for a UA and Phone call. Then it was decided they need to physically check the prostate to make sure. Nothing palpated but the only difference was I am never comfortable when they do it, but this time It was like he put a hot poker up my urethra. So now I am on a waiting list to see the Urologist.

I have gotten so tired of running to the bathroom every 20 minutes that I am not doing little mode, but wearing for health issues. I am using up a bunch of cheap diapers I had gotten over the years and then will be doing cloth after that, so I see a lot of laundry in my future.

Thank you for reading my story. I just needed to type this to help accept my situation.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Diaper44, BWAron, BobbiSueEllen and 6 others
egor said:
Well. I am wearing diapers because I am tired of running to the bathroom every 20 minutes.

I had a Dr. Appt yesterday and the PA gave me another round of Cipro and a new med to help "smooth out the smooth muscles in the prostate".

Little back story I had a bad infection in the Epimethius in 1995 so they put me on a real strong antibiotic. About three months after that I started having frequency issues. Being 33 there was no doubt to the Doctors that because of my weight I had Diabetes. So they gave my a UA and tested my blood sugar. All was clear so I just "need to lose weight and exercise more". This went on for 3 years. Two of my doctors left private practice and the third one looked into a few other things but still stressed the lose weight and exercise more, until I finally went totally incontinent. Then I was sent to a Urologist and the in office UA was clear as rain. After a major prostate exam (I was ready to give him my pin numbers and credit cards just to get him to stop the exam) it turned out I had a very nasty opportunistic background bacterial infection of the prostate. He put me on a strong antibiotic and cleaned up the infection but warned me that I will have issues for the rest of my life.

So about every 9 to18 months I have to do a round of Cipro to clean up the leaking frequency issues . So last October I had my annual Cipro round.

During the last couple of weeks I stared in with the frequency again. Little concerned, but it is hard to judge because of the elevated water intake for my weight life style change. Then Last weekend I took a day trip to the Oregon coast and the usual 1 1/2 hour trip I had to stop every 30 minutes to go to the bathroom and twice almost did not make it, dripping like a broken faucet.

So I messaged my Doctor and two days later was in for a UA and Phone call. Then it was decided they need to physically check the prostate to make sure. Nothing palpated but the only difference was I am never comfortable when they do it, but this time It was like he put a hot poker up my urethra. So now I am on a waiting list to see the Urologist.

I have gotten so tired of running to the bathroom every 20 minutes that I am not doing little mode, but wearing for health issues. I am using up a bunch of cheap diapers I had gotten over the years and then will be doing cloth after that, so I see a lot of laundry in my future.

Thank you for reading my story. I just needed to type this to help accept my situation.
Wow. That sounds like a lot that you're dealing with. I'm sorry how difficult it has been. I also notice that there are times that I have to use the bathroom like every 20 minutes or even less at times. However, I have not seen a doctor for it since it's hard for me to with my current situation. I don't wear protection because I notice I can ease the problem by not drinking when I know I won't be near a bathroom, plus I am not sure if I want to make it obvious to my family. It obviously isn't the best solution to not drink though. I'm sorry I can't really give advice. I just want you to know that I do get how weird and confusing all of this can be. I hope things get better for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and egor
harsh story, hope things get better after the Urologist figures out the issue

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
That’s a lot to have to go through. Know that you are not alone. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
egor said:

Hugs can i ask how much u weigh? Im at 150 lbs sleep apnea 5'4 asian american..

Snore like a damn bear.. i use a cpap now, i used to be on cipro twice once for uti then years later for same damn thing... was always a bedwetter maybe due to cerebral palsy... left side..

I recently found a thing look up functional medicine .... regular md's will say alot against it... the docs that do this type of medicine are still mds functional medicine is simply treating the root cause of the health condition NOT just treating the symptoms or symptom ...

Best of luck 🤗

Of kinda been feeling like my doctors havent idk i feel like that maybe im not getting best care of medicine idk like maybe maybe over thinking it idk... ever feel that way like ur not getting best care????

I think its due to everything going on with people that are supposed to help me move forward long story short im slightly blind but still have both eye fuction

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and trekkyfrom21st
furry121 said:
Hugs can i ask how much u weigh?
I was at one time 418lbs 6 ft tall.

I have been on a cpap since 2001.

As of yesterday at the Dr. Office I am 311 lbs and shrunk to 5' 10 3/4" (getting old Sucks)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and furry121
Sounds like quite a journey. I'm sorry you've had so much trouble.

Prostate infections can be very hard to clear up. Do you know what the bacteria are that have caused your infections?

Hello Everyone and Thank you for the support.

1) I do not remember the name of the Bacteria, but I just remember it is one of those normal background opportunistic kinds. I do not remember if it is skin origin or systemic. The KO bacteria that caused my UTI last year is a shin origin and I had the flu and a lot of Diarrhea and frequent urination at the same time and about a week after the flu symptoms reduced the UTI kicked in.

2) the PA that I saw Thursday put me on Cipro and Tamsulosin to help smooth out the smooth muscles in the prostate.

I will say the new med is working , but I can help but think that going 2 days in diapers for Urination and changing every 2-3 hours (because the adult protection diapers do not hold that much) did help with not struggling with the frequency and spasms trying to hold it in while you attempt to get to the bathroom while you dribble with every step.

I have thought about padding up today but have not been as frustrated with the frequency.

Anyway. Yesterday was my 8th anniversary on ADISC and the support is still strong here it you needed. I know there had been a lot of comments about the changes in the content in 8 years. But if you read past the political arguments and who or how to poop in public, the support system of ADISC is still going strong. :)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, furry121, OmiOMy and 1 other person
egor said:

As of yesterday at the Dr. Office I am 311 lbs and shrunk to 5' 10 3/4" (getting old Sucks)
At least ur still tall ish? Well taller than me im 5'4 150lbs man im gonna be shorter wen i get older 😕😩 i hated being small and a bedwetter as a kid it sucked ! Mostly i hated if others saw me in diapers was worried they would

egor said:
Hello Everyone and Thank you for the support.

1) I do not remember the name of the Bacteria, but I just remember it is one of those normal background opportunistic kinds. I do not remember if it is skin origin or systemic. The KO bacteria that caused my UTI last year is a shin origin and I had the flu and a lot of Diarrhea and frequent urination at the same time and about a week after the flu symptoms reduced the UTI kicked in.

2) the PA that I saw Thursday put me on Cipro and Tamsulosin to help smooth out the smooth muscles in the prostate.

I will say the new med is working , but I can help but think that going 2 days in diapers for Urination and changing every 2-3 hours (because the adult protection diapers do not hold that much) did help with not struggling with the frequency and spasms trying to hold it in while you attempt to get to the bathroom while you dribble with every step.

I have thought about padding up today but have not been as frustrated with the frequency.

Anyway. Yesterday was my 8th anniversary on ADISC and the support is still strong here it you needed. I know there had been a lot of comments about the changes in the content in 8 years. But if you read past the political arguments and who or how to poop in public, the support system of ADISC is still going strong. :)
U should try northshore adult diapers really good company its netter to have a diaper with a landing zone so u can tape and untape the diaper without wasting it and it absorbs more wont have to change ever so much resulting in maybe only needing 3 diapers a day? At least! 😊

furry121 said:
U should try northshore adult diapers really good company its netter to have a diaper with a landing zone so u can tape and untape the diaper without wasting it and it absorbs more wont have to change ever so much resulting in maybe only needing 3 diapers a day? At least! 😊
Thank you for the advice. The ones I am using are a generic Walgreens type, just because I have them and want to use them up.

My actual preferred disposable is Rearz Barnyards with a distant second being ABU plastic back white. Those I use when I am in my little space.

egor said:

Congratulations!!!!! Losing that much weight is awesome! and yes getting old does suck. lol

Last edited:
Well Yesterday I had an appointment with the Urologist. He slid a camera up the urethra and looked at my prostate and Bladder.

I definitely have an enlarged prostate and it is causing issues in the bladder from the straining to empty.

He put me on yet another medication to reduce the size of the prostate.

it is not a fast acting drug so it is going to take a while and he wants to touch bases again in about 3 to 6 months.

The down side is The frequency and near misses can be a side effect until things get stabilized and back to "normal".

So Chances are that I will be back into diapers again. I am just not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing :)

Just inconvenient.

egor said:

Northshore makes better diapers not the cheap medical grade crap at stores or wherever ..

I had to take cipro that stuff is strong af plus had to have prostate checked in early late teens it sucked

Back