• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Why does it hurt so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

babymark1

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When I wear nappies/Diapers when I am out for a walk after three quarters of an hour to an hour they can start to chaff at my legs. This subject has probably been covered before but I haven't got the time to search for it so would you all please tell me how you cope and what you do to ease the hassle of chaffing as I would love to wear out more?

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
You need to reduce friction. These weren't designed for the mobile. I'm not sure I can think of an effective way of doing this. Perhaps powder or something along those lines.

Chris H

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Lots of baby powder. Desetin also works well. Any form of lubrication will stop your legs from chafing so quickly.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I suggest you put some Vaseline onto the chaffed area and let it heal before you try wearing again.

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
try a smaller size, the wrong size will cause chaffing

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I agree with what people are saying. Is the diaper too small though? Is it uncomfortable to wear normally? Take those things into consideration as well.

checkingoutall

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
Before I did my 5k walk in December, I put on diaper cream real heavy and then I wore underwear over them to hold them up and in place along with long johns because it was cold out. As someone else said, fit has a lot to do with it too.

hen

Role
Diaper Lover, Other
i was able to run in a diaper and had no problem, just tightened it up

babymark1

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Thanks guy's

I am wearing the correct size nappy/diaper. I will try the powder on the inside of my legs. I won't try the Vasilene as it can ruin any plastic coated products such as plastic pants which I like I like to wear. I am greatful to you for your suggestions and hope you keep coming up with more as I feel that my love for wearing nappies is comprimised by the inside of my legs. I will be in the UK in a few days and I will be meeting another ab/dl and I dont want my nappies to leave me sore especially if they want to change me.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Another thing is you could be putting them on too tight. You need tightness to avoid leaks, but just how tight it is can effect chaffing to. You need it tight enough that there are no gaps, but if you go as tight as possible then it can make chaffing more likely and with some brands the tapes can get stretched or rip off. Don't go to tight and use baby powder and you should be fine.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent
Interesting note, before I started wearing my diapers a bit looser, they actually leaked more often. Probably had something to do with the padding being squeezed by the cover.
(Looser fit also has less tapes popped on me, stayed cooler, and doesn't leave my legs with sores that were even bloody at times! Your skin will thank you)

Status
Not open for further replies.