Why does ABU cost so much now

Poohbearboy

18 months
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,498
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
It is like abu diapers are made of gold with cost; now even kiddos cost more than they used to. Why are the other brand cheaper but about diapers like through the roof to buy?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,860
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Ok I was wrong on the dollar.
Must be oil costs.
This fits.
Item made in others country's will cost more and more. When the US dollar is not the world currency then it will be very bad. Doing my best to state a fact only into what is going on.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Angry
  • Love
Reactions: loadedpamperman, baliebox4916 and Edgewater

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,250
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Poohbearboy said:
It is like abu diapers are made of gold with cost; now even kiddos cost more than they used to. Why are the other brand cheaper but about diapers like through the roof to buy?
Seems basically abdl diapers have gone up or are going up lately.
They are charging what the market will bear. They know they sell a want item not a need item.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TigerDL and Edgewater

SmolYui

Little Nya~ call me Kitten or Yui! DMs Open!
Est. Contributor
Messages
54
Age
19
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Rearz and tykables are way more expensive than ABU from what I can see!
But yeah the rise is annoying!
Especially buying directly from rearz or tykables (non bulk) luckily in UK we have NRU/abdlmarketplace which order in bulk but sell single packs at the normal abdl disper prices!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater

Diapertoddler

Est. Contributor
Messages
292
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I feel like it's a situation where there is a limited amount of vendors providing to the adult diaper market and even less in the abdl world of diapers. Why would you sell less if you don't have to ? Check out the website madeinChina.com
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230124_134216_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230124_134216_Samsung Internet.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20230124_134800_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230124_134800_Samsung Internet.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 41
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Messages
118
Role
  1. Incontinent
SparkyDog said:
Seems basically abdl diapers have gone up or are going up lately.
They are charging what the market will bear. They know they sell a want item not a need item.

That is only part of the reality of specialty products. Also, the manufacturers (all located in China) have increase the costs, plus pushing for qualities that will fill a full size cargo container (53') not the 20' units of the past. Also, they are limiting short run volumes or charging more for a short run. Either way, your costs will be more. The high-end, high-volume adult diapers have or are being upgraded as users are wearing them longer to control their costs, this has also increased costs. Long story really short: We are just beginning to see the cost increases.
As stated so very well above, poorly run US government is costing huge. Choices have consequences!
 

Poohbearboy

18 months
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,498
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Rearz and tykables are a lot cheap if think about I can buy new diapers for like 250 and abu wants like 300 for lion one. The 50 makes a large difference in cost nowadays special with the way stuff is no money-wise. Pretty soon only one can buy abdl diaper is rich if the cost keeps going up because how some pay more than 300 dollars just for print.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Messages
646
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
foxkits said:
The dollar is loosing value.
Do to miss management of economic of US.
Item made in others country's will cost more and more. When the US dollar is not the world currency then it will be very bad. Doing my best to state a fact only into what is going on.
This is the MOST WRONG answer posted here in a long time! The dollar right now is TOO STRONG, making our products much more expensive for everyone else worldwide, NOT too weak! The limited amount of empty shipping containers due to major backlogs across the entire western US & Canada created by shutting the economy down for Covid is only one reason shipping costs are through the roof. SUPPLY & DEMAND reigns supreme! Add in fuel costs that doubled, increased costs for electricity, labor, healthcare yada yada yada and guess what? The only way to stay in business is to pass on your increased costs to the customer. I'm not happy with it either, but at least have the semblance of an idea what the answer is before throwing out an answer you want to be true to suit a political narrative. I HATE politics & politicians. No matter who is in charge right now there is nothing that could had been done to prevent the costs of things from running wild as they have due to the circumstances that presented themselves.
Sorry for coming off a little strong with this answer. I'm in horrible pain and came here to relax and read to be revved up with misinformation.

This can be PARTIALLY traced back to the US economy, going back to where people demanded $15/hour minimum wage instead of getting more education, training or experience. Now that $15/hr CAN'T BUY what the $7.50/hr did 5 years ago. I know the minimum wage has not been raised nationwide but it was in MANY states/areas. You now see Amazon hiring workers starting out in the low $20s/hr due to competition for unskilled labor.

Here's the most basic breakdown I can give: (not real, just an example)

I own a shop that sells coffee and sell a cup for $1.00. When you add up ALL of my costs (rent, electricity, labor, coffee beans, filters, water & sewage, unemployment compensation, workman's comp, healthcare etc. etc. it costs me $.50 cents to sell a cup of coffee. Now, raise the cost of the coffee beans by 20% and my costs go to $.72c/cup. Raise my electric bill by 50%, now costs me $.95c/cup. The cost of treating the water and sewage rises in turn and if I don't raise my prices I won't be able to afford to open my doors in a week. Let's not forget that my employees CAN'T LIVE on the money I was paying them, so my wages rise by 25% and now I'm spending $1.50 to make a cup of coffee that used to sell for $1.00 so in order to maintain a rate of return that makes it worthwhile to keep my doors open (remember, used to cost me $.50c/cup to produce and I sold it for $1.00 giving me a 200% mark-up. 212% is the MINIMUM mark-up in retail, usually a lot closer to 300%. Now all of a sudden I'm selling that cup that 3 years ago cost $1.00 for $3.00. I instantly see my volume go down and make a slight price correction and sell the cup for $2.50. Doesn't give me the same rate of return (what it COSTS to pay my bills, employees, taxes, insurances etc. AND still make a profit) but it keeps me in business able to open my doors for another week, month, year, whatever.

This is a REALLY BASIC breakdown of business side economics, but one that represents reality in business. I've never sold coffee in my life but the numbers apply to any field where a product being sold is the basis for existing.

I can rant on this for hours, days even....just hope this makes sense. It is not difficult to research this stuff online, without any distortions such as political ideology or desire or opinion. Just fact.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: tseaborn and Edgewater

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Messages
118
Role
  1. Incontinent
Diapertoddler said:
I feel like it's a situation where there is a limited amount of vendors providing to the adult diaper market and even less in the abdl world of diapers. Why would you sell less if you don't have to ? Check out the website madeinChina.com
Well stated, but there is an additional layer that you are missing, which is the actual Manufacturer who special labels for specific resellers, i.e. the name brand on the packaging.
 

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,860
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
loadedpamperman said:
This is the MOST WRONG answer posted here in a long time! The dollar right now is TOO STRONG, making our products much more expensive for everyone else worldwide, NOT too weak! The limited amount of empty shipping containers due to major backlogs across the entire western US & Canada created by shutting the economy down for Covid is only one reason shipping costs are through the roof. SUPPLY & DEMAND reigns supreme! Add in fuel costs that doubled, increased costs for electricity, labor, healthcare yada yada yada and guess what? The only way to stay in business is to pass on your increased costs to the customer. I'm not happy with it either, but at least have the semblance of an idea what the answer is before throwing out an answer you want to be true to suit a political narrative. I HATE politics & politicians. No matter who is in charge right now there is nothing that could had been done to prevent the costs of things from running wild as they have due to the circumstances that presented themselves.
Sorry for coming off a little strong with this answer. I'm in horrible pain and came here to relax and read to be revved up with misinformation.
I was not being political.
I was being very careful here.
You made it political.
I was only stating what I saw on TV.
Very little of it .
It takes oil to make plastic and sap for diapers so look into that.
Inflation look into that.
Food at the store is outrageous due to oil. I was wrong about the dollar thought in the business news they were talking about replacing the US dollar as the world currency. Do to weakling US dollar. Going to the Chinese yen.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Messages
118
Role
  1. Incontinent
loadedpamperman said:
This is the MOST WRONG answer posted here in a long time! The dollar right now is TOO STRONG, making our products much more expensive for everyone else worldwide, NOT too weak! The limited amount of empty shipping containers due to major backlogs across the entire western US & Canada created by shutting the economy down for Covid is only one reason shipping costs are through the roof. SUPPLY & DEMAND reigns supreme! Add in fuel costs that doubled, increased costs for electricity, labor, healthcare yada yada yada and guess what? The only way to stay in business is to pass on your increased costs to the customer. I'm not happy with it either, but at least have the semblance of an idea what the answer is before throwing out an answer you want to be true to suit a political narrative. I HATE politics & politicians. No matter who is in charge right now there is nothing that could had been done to prevent the costs of things from running wild as they have due to the circumstances that presented themselves.
Sorry for coming off a little strong with this answer. I'm in horrible pain and came here to relax and read to be revved up with misinformation.

I understand what you are saying, but the dollar internationally is weaker as other governments and alliances work together to force the use of their currency by weakening the US dollar. And, it all is politics as the US could by changing (reversing) recent policies, greatly reduce the cost of energy, while placing the US back being a leading producer of energy and as a result weaken the currency of those working to weaken the US dollar. Add rapid inflation with the likelihood of deflation sitting just along the edge and it all becomes very dangerous, as war looms.

Yes, it is all mind numbing and steals from the joy of this Forum. To that point, I am sorry for my part in this discussion.
 

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,860
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Edgewater said:
I understand what you are saying, but the dollar internationally is weaker as other governments and alliances work together to force the use of their currency by weakening the US dollar. And, it all is politics as the US could by changing (reversing) recent policies, greatly reduce the cost of energy, while placing the US back being a leading producer of energy and as a result weaken the currency of those working to weaken the US dollar. Add rapid inflation with the likelihood of deflation sitting just along the edge and it all becomes very dangerous, as war looms.

Yes, it is all mind numbing and steals from the joy of this Forum. To that point, I am sorry for my part in this discussion.
Your fine
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,860
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
How are you coping with the additional cost of diapers.
I'm using cloth new diaper style
Washable thought more expensive
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Messages
118
Role
  1. Incontinent
foxkits said:
How are you coping with the additional cost of diapers.
I'm using cloth new diaper style
Washable thought more expensive

Great point, I have been spot buying cloth diapers over the last six months as a means of limiting a single point, very expensive purchase. Plus as a means of beating the rush as others begin to see the advantage of washables.
 

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Messages
646
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Look, I am sorry if I offended anyone. Not my intent. I just am so sick and run down by the nightmare created by people screaming "fake news" at EVRYTHING that is reported as news that doesn't neatly fit their "preferred" narrative.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Messages
760
Role
  1. Incontinent
Well part of the cost is materials but since it's an abdl product is a niche market so supply and demand and I'm sure a little greed is involved
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,860
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I like ecoable brand thought the first brand I got had stitching not good so had to resew some of them.
Have to try the new ones
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater

Tenawearer

(Still) English DL from the far east of Holland
Est. Contributor
Messages
122
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Economic fact as demand increases the manufacturers can increase the price. If there is no demand then the manufacturers create demand. Coloured nappies are cuter than white? Then you can charge more. Businesses creates demand and prices accordingly. Sunday, non essential, shopping for example. People only go shopping because they CAN. Not because they need to with six nights per week opening plus Saturday.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and loadedpamperman

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Messages
646
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I'm a disabled veteran. That means fixed income. These price increases are LITERALLY grinding me into the dirt. I needed heating oil last month and $1000.00 CASH bought me a WHOPPING 192 gallons. Last year that would had bought me over 350 gallons for the same exact money. Now, it is 5 weeks later and my oil tanks are hovering damn near empty and THANK GOD the price dropped some! Now I'll get roughly 265 gallons! YIPPEE!

The price for EVERYTHING has blown through the roof. It was going to happen eventually but Covid stood on the accelerator and held it to the floor, bent the floor pan and made it happen 3-5x faster than it would had naturally. I can articulate the reasons behind all of this but I have an appointment I have to be at shortly.

So yeah, I'm being murdered by the price increases, and high quality diapers are not an option or a want for me, they're a necessity. To date the VA will only provide me with inferior products that will result in constant leaks (overnight) which will cost more as I'll need to wash everything much more frequently and laundry detergent, water, electricity etc. etc. are all up by at least 20%. I don't even wear ABDL diapers as I rely on Betterdry overnight and Abena (PE shell) during the day. Cloth diapers aren't a great option for me as I wind up incapable of tending to my needs from time to time so that's not a great way for me to reduce my costs.

I know 99% of us are being beat up by this but we CAN NOT ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE DIVIDED. Hell, that's a worldwide statement these days but critical nationwide. There's a LOT OF PEOPLE who do not want us united as it is impossible to defeat a united front....not so much to steamroll a divided one.
 
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: todderhr and Edgewater
Top