Why do you Love (hate or dislike) printed diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I know people either have a preference for Printed Diapers, Plain Diapers, or for a few people even Medical style Diapers (I dont get it, but I understand people have different Tastes and opinions)

But I would like to know exactly why that is.

Like if you are someone that dislikes/hates printed diapers, why?

Do they look silly to you?

Would you feel embarrassed if you were caught wearing a Printed Diaper rather than a Plain White or Medical Style Diaper?

Do you like some Prints and Dislike/Hate other ones?

Same with if you prefer Printed Diapers or the Medical Style Diapers (ones with a traditional Medical Diaper Look, Wetness Indicators, etc).

For me I love having a different variety of Printed Diapers because I find they look more Cute/sometimes Babyish; Though not necessarily True to the prints found on an actual Baby Diaper

I dont need "Authenticity" I just have to like the Diaper itself (what good is it if the Diaper looks good; but doesn't function? ) and the print that is on it (whether it is just a character or design on the Landing Strip, or if it is an all over print)

And you know having Variety is fun; also I don't care if someone see I'm wearing a diaper (pretty unlikely as I try to be discreet) or what they may think if it happens to be a printed diaper (most Diapers I wear have an all over print; except for PeekABU).

I'm not doing it for other people, it's a part of who I am and I enjoy it and it helps me handle stress in a much healthier way than I used to.

Reactions: Carnifex
not babyish enough for me. When disposables first came out they were all white, like a real cloth diaper. All of the prints and designs dont do anything at all for me. I am a purist! I like the improvements elastic waists etc. I just wish someone made a great retro 2 tape all white ABDL diaper, it wouldn't get me off of cloth, but I would use them when cloth was not convenient , on the road etc.

BabyTyrant said:
Like if you are someone that dislikes/hates printed diapers, why?
I wear diapers due to incontinence, not because I like them or because I want to feel younger. I prefer my diapers plain white or at the most medical ones with wetness indicators. While I've accepted that I'll be wearing diapers for the rest of my life, I don't want something that reminds me of a baby or toddler diaper. I'm an adult and even if my underwear is a diaper it should still be one geared toward adults.

If there were more diapers like the printed supreme lites with a more sedate print that weren't childish looking I might consider more of them over the plain ones.

Reactions: Rawbe
I just like the plain white diaper but don't mind the north shore colored ones.

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, Rawbe and 12srepaid
Being incontinent I need something that works good first and foremost. Something I can trust won't unexpecably leak, even after 8 or 12 hours. Betterdry fulfills that for me quite well.

I'm also a bit of an AB too though. If I can get a diaper that works great AND looks great/babyish, then that's what I prefer. Which Crinklz fulfills that for me quite well.

Reactions: revolrepaid
Printed diapers are more likely to be bought by either ABs or DLs, while plain diapers are more likely to be bought by incontinents.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I used to only really have a preference for all-white, but over the years I've developed more of a like for what I call "lightweight" designs - all-white background with characters widelay spaced around. Bambino Teddy and Carousel started my appreciation of prints by keeping the shell all white and just printing on the front panel, with transparent background and spread out characters. I like Crinklz, Little Paws, Rearz Vintage Replica, and even Little Rascals despite their all-over print, because they don't get too crowded or busy. Little Builders is getting a bit too busy for my taste, though I wear them for their other features, and out of sight under clothes. Diapers like Little Monsters, Little Squirts, Space, etc with the over-abundance of ink or solid colored backgrounds just don't papeal to me. I also would prefer white wings, but there are a few I tolerate (like Little Paws' picnic table cloth sides) due to having artwork I really enjoy.

The one diaper I do like thats not white shell is DC Amor Kitten - they've got a very light pink which is close enough, and the art is good looking and balanced. Idyl on the other hand, wow what did you do? Dip that diaper in a bucket of blue paint? I hear they've lightened up the shell a bit but haven't looked at them lately.

Last edited:
My big thing with printed diapers, which I like about them, is that they don’t look medical. They look like they’re more fun and were thought of for a different purpose, which they were. For me, it helps get rid of the diaper stigma.

Reactions: bakukid23
Funny that some of us want the plainest looking diapers, while others embrace the cute and sometimes silly prints/characters that some diapers have; and some I guess are inbetween

I love the prints because they make me feel really cute and babyish. I grew up using cutely printed diapers so to me these really touch my little side.

Reactions: PaddedRita and (deleted member)
From my personal experience, printed diapers don't work as well as plain white ones do made by non ABDL companies. I find printed diapers to be over priced and they are not as good as the non ABDL diapers and those are cheaper but have better absorbency. They are good to use for fun but not something I would wear 24/7 because of the cost and how they don't last as long despite what the packaging says. Plus the odor sucks. Non ABDLs have better odor control and don't start smelling sooner.

Now I wish Northshore would make those colored poka dot diapers for Supreme. I really like the purple design. Those I would use for sometimes and for fun than use them for my 24/7 wear because they don't hold as much.

I like my printed cloth diapers; I have both printed and plain gauze ones. My printed ones don't have baby prints on them, just general patterns. The main thing, though is that they are absorbent and don't leak. Some of my plastic pants have prints on them, also. I wear them for protection and not display.

Last edited:
I'm a DL as well as incontinent (and I was DL long, long before the incontinence started) but I'm not AB. Anything babyish is a HUGE turnoff for me, to the point that I would go without diapers before wearing baby prints.

I'm not judging or criticizing those who enjoy babyish things - I'm just saying how my own head works. If you enjoy it, then great. It's just not my thing at all.

Reactions: bakukid23, Rawbe and 12srepaid
I prefer printed vs plain, but I also own plain to.
I started wearing diapers for fun when I was around 10yrs old, my first diaper was pampers baby dry size 5 stretch, I was able to wear baby diapers up until age 14/15 when I grew out of them, I always associated diapers as having some sort of childish art. When I was in my 20's I was wearing plain adult sized diapers, depend, store brand ect.. even with the abena m4's I felt as though something was missing, when bambino's came out and then ab universe sdk's I filled my "missing void" I would at the time go back to a abena or dry 24/7 for thickness reasons but printed made me sub-consciously feel better.
Today, I love them all, we are living in one of the best diaper periods ever and it only keeps getting better, I love looking at all the new art work, whether childish or not, some designs are pretty cool and they make wearing more fun.

Reactions: Jonni575
Calico said:
From my personal experience, printed diapers don't work as well as plain white ones do made by non ABDL companies. I find printed diapers to be over priced and they are not as good as the non ABDL diapers and those are cheaper but have better absorbency. They are good to use for fun but not something I would wear 24/7 because of the cost and how they don't last as long despite what the packaging says. Plus the odor sucks. Non ABDLs have better odor control and don't start smelling sooner.

Now I wish Northshore would make those colored poka dot diapers for Supreme. I really like the purple design. Those I would use for sometimes and for fun than use them for my 24/7 wear because they don't hold as much.

Many plain Diapers have ABDL equivalents or vice versa.

For example NorthShore MegaMax is basically a plain version of a PeekABU; actually I'm pretty sure ABU was the 1st to start having the "Ultra" Diapers made and then MyDiaper and NorthShore followed soon afterwards

Now you have Rearz Barnyard which seems like their take

All are the same diaper where it matters (same absorbency, made of the same materials, etc) , minus cosmetic changes and the fit seems a bit different on the MegaMax (different size shape/cut, tapes might be different, leg guards may be different)

So you cant really say that ABDL Diapers are worse because they are actually better than a lot of plain white diapers and medical diaper brands

Although the way they fit and changes to Tapes and Leg Guards, waistbands, ect may change how they work for some people, one or two things could make something work better or worse for some people; what is amazing for some may not work well for others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slomo
I like print but don’t want garbage men seeing big diapers wit print or else they are fun but white is just what a diaper should look like lol

All white

Jonni575 said:
I like print but don’t want garbage men seeing big diapers wit print or else they are fun but white is just what a diaper should look like lol
Just put the used ones in a colored plastic bag. On second thought, maybe there are some garbage men on here and they can tell you what they think of peoples' garbage/trash.

Jonni575 said:

They are paid to sling Trash into the truck, that's it.

As long as the bags aren't overloaded and dont rip they shouldn't care if there are diapers in there (for all they know you are incontinent and cant help it anyways) or what they look like.

Printed for me. Just more cozy than sterile white. Know it's personal preference but a warm, wet printed diaper and my pacifier, sleep like a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back