Why do (some) people equate Diapers to bad hygiene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's like they dont realize people can have really bad hygiene even if they are "normal" adults that use toilets; they might not shower enough, they might not brush their teeth, they might not use mouthwash.

They could be a lazy person that doesn't pick up after themselves or take care of their pets (as pets sometimes leave messes).

I'm not discounting that it can take a high level of hygiene if you do need diapers medically or choose to use 24/7; but to automatically act like we are filthy because we use Diapers?

I bet a lot of us are cleaner than the people these people consider "normal"

I think people could be forgiven the assumption. Most of us who wear wind up marinating in our own waste for some period of time and that's something that would be a show-stopper for the average person. If you haven't spent time in diapers, I would think it's easy to have a gut revulsion and expectation that it means that someone willing or even looking forward to doing that is dirty and unclean.

If I were seriously going to question, I'd wonder why even members of our own community think with some frequency that wearing diapers is incompatible with working in food service. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't put my hands in my diaper all that often and I'd certainly wash if it were necessary. I probably have less hand contact with my genitals during the work day than the average person and again, I assume both of us would wash after doing so. I don't see the threat.

Trevor said:
I probably have less hand contact with my genitals during the work day than the average person.
Hehe
I wonder how much the average is
Hehe
😅

I just finished a short story for my creative writing course about perception, how people see the world and others. In my story, we're all controlled by outside sources. Personal perception is controlled by the masses, how they think and judge others. Since we're such a small minority, we're never going to be understood because there aren't enough people in society who enjoy wearing and using diapers. Like Trevor said, since the public sees us as marinating in our own bodily wastes, don't expect acceptance.

dogboy said:
I just finished a short story for my creative writing course about perception, how people see the world and others. In my story, we're all controlled by outside sources. Personal perception is controlled by the masses, how they think and judge others. Since we're such a small minority, we're never going to be understood because there aren't enough people in society who enjoy wearing and using diapers. Like Trevor said, since the public sees us as marinating in our own bodily wastes, don't expect acceptance.

People may see it that way, but we know it is incorrect.

A Diapers main purpose is to collect Pee and lock it away from the skin; a good diaper can do this quite well for several hours (depending on just how good of a diaper it is) before it reaches a point where we are "marinating in our own waste" as for Poop, generally one would clean themselves up (if able) ASAP.

Yeah some of us may not clean up as soon as possible, but when we do we usually clean up extra good.

For example if I mess I usually do a full shower when I'm done and if I am due for a shower anyways I will take an extra long shower, bathe after that, and also use Shampoo, and Conditioner and sometimes Shave.

It might not be completely necessary; but I rather Overdo my Hygiene than to Under-do my Hygiene; if I was out and needed a change (if I am out with a diaper on it usually isnt more than a few hours and I only pee) I would try to get it done before absolutely necessary (not way ahead of time, but if you can be good for up to 6 hours, it is probably a good idea to change closer to 3 or 4).

Hygiene doesn't have a direct correlation to wearing diapers or not; one can be a filthy slob without diapers and super hygienic with diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slomo
Because we poop and pee on ourselves and many people find that gross. People see that as being dirty. I wonder if that is how they feel about incontinent people and how to men feel about women on their period? What about when they have kids and start leaking a little? They gotta wear some sort of protection.

I consider it good hygiene if you wear a diaper because you are incontinent like I am. It would be bad hygiene if I did not wear a diaper with my level of incontinence.

Calico said:
Because we poop and pee on ourselves and many people find that gross. People see that as being dirty. I wonder if that is how they feel about incontinent people and how to men feel about women on their period? What about when they have kids and start leaking a little? They gotta wear some sort of protection.

Whereas Poop doesn't (normally) absorb into a diaper, Pee will for a while, it is up to the person wearing the Diaper (or their Caregiver or Nurse, or whatever their title is) to make that hygienic by changing often enough.

It is too bad that a lot of people dont understand this, but at least a lot of people seem to understand having a medical need.

Not changing in time is just like if someone doesn't shower for too long; both are ways of neglecting hygiene.

Not to mention you have Hoarders, that has to be a million times worse than someone wearing a diaper that is actually changing enough.

Reactions: Slomo
Pee and poop and sweat building bacteria, they can be unhygienic as heck if you dont care for your diaper region well and keep clean and clean shaven. Lots of asty stuff can build up in that area and a diaper is a perfect enviroment for that stuff to fester if you aren't clean enough.

TittleTyler said:
Pee and poop and sweat building bacteria, they can be unhygienic as heck if you dont care for your diaper region well and keep clean and clean shaven. Lots of asty stuff can build up in that area and a diaper is a perfect enviroment for that stuff to fester if you aren't clean enough.

While true it is kinda the same thing if someone is a slob, doesn't pick up after themselves, and doesn't shower enough.

Either way good hygiene is key.

Because it's linked to human waste. Simply put.

BabyTyrant said:
Hygiene doesn't have a direct correlation to wearing diapers or not; one can be a filthy slob without diapers and super hygienic with diapers.
This couldn't be more true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back