Why do people hate others for having more?

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm not talking strictly Poor Vs Rich

I'm talking about the hate that seems to go around in some hobbies, that gets directed towards people that have more

Say an average customer in a Hobby spends $200, a more serious person in that hobby might spend $1000, and the person that can only afford the $200 is probably gonna hate on the person that has that extra $800 to spend

Even if they actually worked 50% more hours per week for a month or two to save up that extra money

I understand hating people that are given a lot and never work for it or appreciate it

But to hate people that are hard workers putting in 20, 30 hours extra many weeks? For making extra money selling things on the side?

I know hard work doesnt always translate into as much extra money as people would like; but I believe if people want to get more out of a hobby, there is a way to earn extra money so they can buy better things

Its lazy and annoying to hate and wish for things to drop in price and complain about how everything is too expensive

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Envy is the killer of joy. People can never be happy with what they have.
That is definitely true, people like to get a handout; when none is given they complain about the stuff they cant afford, rather than enjoying what they can

On this Reddit group for the cards I collect players absolutely hate collectors and envy those that can afford a full collection and hate on them; rather than finding a way to get extra money (overtime, second job, selling things on the side; whatever) to buy the things they WANT but do not NEED

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
maybe part of it is they wish they had more money, its like they are blocked access to something that they wish they had and that 1k person gets to have.

Another part of it may of how they got their money. Like me for example, I hate trump now (before he ran for president I had no idea how much he was given and how much he had a throw darts at a dart board style) Because he did little to no work for that money, getting access to a ton of things just because what he was born into. Meanwhile I have all these natural barriers, making things harder then the normal person, with nothing to show for the effort I put into.

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
maybe part of it is they wish they had more money, its like they are blocked access to something that they wish they had and that 1k person gets to have.

Another part of it may of how they got their money. Like me for example, I hate trump now (before he ran for president I had no idea how much he was given and how much he had a throw darts at a dart board style) Because he did little to no work for that money, getting access to a ton of things just because what he was born into. Meanwhile I have all these natural barriers, making things harder then the normal person, with nothing to show for the effort I put into.
That's just it; I can understand people hating those that are given vast funds freely

But why hate on people that work 60-70 hours per week, multiple weeks a month sometimes that choose to spend their extra money on a hobby?

Life isnt easy, life isnt fair

But why hate on people that have more because they worked for it?

That makes no sense at all to me

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
That's just it; I can understand people hating those that are given vast funds freely

But why hate on people that work 60-70 hours per week, multiple weeks a month sometimes that choose to spend their extra money on a hobby?

Life isnt easy, life isnt fair

But why hate on people that have more because they worked for it?

That makes no sense at all to me
because people hate when others people than them succeed in life. Not all people but a lot anyway sadly

eastcoastdl

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Every minute spent hating on, worrying about, or being jealous of someone else or what they have is a minute you now can't spend on trying to figure out how to make your own self better. Granted, of course spending more time doesn't necessarily guarantee more results, but you can't win if you don't try, and besides - it's a waste of energy to hate on others for something they have that you don't.

It has become a very popular pastime lately though, sadly.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Every minute spent hating on, worrying about, or being jealous of someone else or what they have is a minute you now can't spend on trying to figure out how to make your own self better. Granted, of course spending more time doesn't necessarily guarantee more results, but you can't win if you don't try, and besides - it's a waste of energy to hate on others for something they have that you don't.

It has become a very popular pastime lately though, sadly.
Popular indeed, a lot of my comments on that section of Reddit get 20 downvotes because I dont think a full collection of cards should be easy to get or cheap

There is a reason why they have different Rarities in TCGs; if they want everyone to have a card it would be a Lower Rarity (instead of 1 in 288 packs), resulting in many more of them on the market

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
I don't hate anyone for what they have or what I dont have. I have a hard time because I could work two jobs which a lot of people do but they do it just to get by. We don't. The cost of living has gotten so much higher but wages don't go up to match that. I did try to work 2 jobs for about a year it literally drove me to a breaking point. Anyway I just want to get by. I don't hate anyone for what they have .

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't hate anyone for what they have or what I dont have. I have a hard time because I could work two jobs which a lot of people do but they do it just to get by. We don't. The cost of living has gotten so much higher but wages don't go up to match that. I did try to work 2 jobs for about a year it literally drove me to a breaking point. Anyway I just want to get by. I don't hate anyone for what they have .
I have never had 2 jobs because the last job I had and my current one happen to have some/a lot of overtime depending on how much production is needed, how many people are needed to do it, etc

I know people get frustrated when they feel a hobby is "Pay To Win" but they make some hobbies that way because they know people that like the hobby enough will spend a lot of money on it

I get that people are Jealous of people that can spend more money; I just never understood and will probably never be able to understand hating on people that work for everything they have

I admire hard work and hate those that do nothing but sit around and complain, wishing someone would give them a handout, or in the case of TCGs for reprints

That gets me mad because why should they get a reprint for a card that cost me $300 and then because of the reprint they could probably spend $30 for a reprint of the same card

That isnt fair to the people willing to put forward a lot of work to get the extra money to buy those cards

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well Sanders and AOC will put an end to that for us they will force the $1000 card guy to give all but $200 to those of us who can't or won't earn the extra $800.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well Sanders and AOC will put an end to that for us they will force the $1000 card guy to give all but $200 to those of us who can't or won't earn the extra $800.
That's probably what the "Salty Hater" type of Card Players would like, that way they can afford to spend $300 on a card meant for be hard to get and expensive because it's not their money and they dont have to work for it

RubberJin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd question the original statement;

"The guy who spends $200 is gonna hate the guy who spends $1000"

It's often both ways - the guy who spends $200 might be jealous of the $1000 guy and dig at him, or say he's just buying success/performance with expensive stuff ("All the gear, no idea"),

The $1000 guy might be showing off, bragging, belittling the cheaper option, or indeed actually buying success somewhat against the spirit of things.

Honestly there are arseholes at every level, I've met a plenty of them.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd question the original statement;

"The guy who spends $200 is gonna hate the guy who spends $1000"

It's often both ways - the guy who spends $200 might be jealous of the $1000 guy and dig at him, or say he's just buying success/performance with expensive stuff ("All the gear, no idea"),

The $1000 guy might be showing off, bragging, belittling the cheaper option, or indeed actually buying success somewhat against the spirit of things.

Honestly there are arseholes at every level, I've met a plenty of them.
Not everyone that has extra money to spend is a Jerk about it

That seems to be an attribute that most big spenders have when they have not worked for it

That's because they dont know the value of hard work or appreciate what something costs when Mommy or Daddy bought it and the person enjoying it didn't have to spend a penny

When you are working a lot of extra hours to afford the nice things; you deserve them

And when it comes to card games specifically; why is it considered to be anything less than Whiny and Pathetic to get salty and hate on people for having more; and especially to complain about some cards being $300 that nobody actually needs in the 1st place

Those cards go for that much because some people will spend $300 on one card to increase their chances of winning at a Tournament with prizes that sell for up to $1500

A more casual player can skip over expensive cards completely and still win a lot of times with a way cheaper deck

Furthermore if they do reprint those High Rarity cards it can ruin the value of the Originals; which is unfair to the people that have worked for them (either to buy the card or to buy a full case of cards) or happened to get lucky and pull them from a pack of cards

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
It's misdirected emotions of missing out. You only get one life. Money is limited. Time is limited. People get sad or angry when they realize they're missing out. Maybe they're trying to save, but things keep going wrong. They unfairly direct their frustrations at the people who were able to save more. I think it also goes the other way, too. Some (not all) people who have more will brag and look down on others. It's all very sad and unfortunate.

But what's wrong with price drops? They allow more people to have access to something. How is that bad?

No.... that doesn't even make sense. No one is going to tax the middle class 80%.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It's misdirected emotions of missing out. You only get one life. Money is limited. Time is limited. People get sad or angry when they realize they're missing out. Maybe they're trying to save, but things keep going wrong. They unfairly direct their frustrations at the people who were able to save more. I think it also goes the other way, too. Some (not all) people who have more will brag and look down on others. It's all very sad and unfortunate.

But what's wrong with price drops? They allow more people to have access to something. How is that bad?

No.... that doesn't even make sense. No one is going to tax the middle class 80%.
If a price drop happened because of normal reasons (in a card game prices drop when a card is not so useful anymore so people dont use it and instead replace it with a newer more powerful card) and not a Reprint I would be fine with that

But when a reprint for a card not meant to be in Everyones hands happen it's bad to all the people that worked for it

I know $300 on 1 Card seems like a lot, but if someone bought a full (sealed) case of cards (to guarantee getting that card) the cost ranges from $700-$1500, so no matter what that is a big net loss if someone buys that much

A full case is 288 packs, that's almost 1/3rd of a % chance to pull that card

If the set is Hot, maybe they can sell everything and break even if they bought at $700, but that is best case scenario

There is a reason why they have different Rarities in TCGs, if the company making the cards wants everyone to have a specific card, it would be a much Lower Rarity; like Super Rare, which is basically 100 times as common as a Secret Rare

They make the cards so rare because it drives people to buy out as much of the packs as they can to get that $300 card, it gives Collectors and Players alike a really nice card to try to get from a Set of Cards

Reprints favor the people that cant pull those cards or cant seem to ever work enough to get the money together to buy that card by itself and take Chance out of the equation completely

I know it's unfair because it makes it "pay to win" but that is sort of how TCGs go; the more expensive cards are more expensive based off of Playability (a Super Rare that is useless can be .50, one that is really strong can be $15) and Rarity; SCRs have both with effects that can win a player the game

To reprint those cards favors those that either cant get that kind of money together, or can but just wont pay it because they deem it too expensive

I understand where they are coming from, but it is kinda pathetic to whine and complain and hope for a reprint if someone is able to put the money together to buy the original

I understand not wanting to spend that kind of money; but that makes me mad that people would rather complain about the money they cant spend on a Hobby, rather than to enjoy it within their budget

Last edited:

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I think it's jealousy. People get bitter about what others have they don't have.

I am on social security so I like to earn some extra money every now and then. I will let people pay me money for any extra photos I take they want or if they want my used diapers and I also have a only fans page and I only charge the minimum for people to follow me because I don't really want to put in a lot of extra work and burn myself out. I am also thinking of start selling some videos I take and put them on a website so people can have them and not have to pay every month for my page just for videos they can see over and over. I don't really do any requests because demands makes me anxious which is why I don't charge much.

I would get burned out from full time and from extra work. Some people have more stamina than others. Mine is lower than average.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think it's jealousy. People get bitter about what others have they don't have.

I am on social security so I like to earn some extra money every now and then. I will let people pay me money for any extra photos I take they want or if they want my used diapers and I also have a only fans page and I only charge the minimum for people to follow me because I don't really want to put in a lot of extra work and burn myself out. I am also thinking of start selling some videos I take and put them on a website so people can have them and not have to pay every month for my page just for videos they can see over and over. I don't really do any requests because demands makes me anxious which is why I don't charge much.

I would get burned out from full time and from extra work. Some people have more stamina than others. Mine is lower than average.
I have been burnt out from working too much multiple times

1st there is my actual job, which sometimes runs over 60 hours per week and can run that 60+ hours multiple weeks in a row

2nd I have my card hobby (buy packs, keep what I want for my personal collection, try to sell the rest)

which can add hours onto any day if I have Common and Uncommon cards to sort that I want to sell (when I actually made sales it wasn't bad because I was getting rid of stuff not in high demand and making some money from it; but when it isn't moving its wasted energy and added stress for nothing) ; now I am at the point that next time i will just find someone to give them to to avoid the extra hours of work to sort it to try selling it

3rd, occasionally I have Video Games or other things I try to sell that are sitting around the house; most of the time that takes days or weeks for a real buyer to message me and meet up and sell it

I am of the mind that if people really want to get nice things that normally outside of their budget there are ways to get extra money

I try to buy and flip things multiple times a year (sometimes I have to walk for literally hours at a community Garage sale to find things I know I can flip for easy profit), or clear out stuff that is sitting at the house that I can make a little money on

Not to mention working as much overtime as is offered to me

So anybody that says they cant is either really unlucky or really lazy

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
This is why I couldn't get more than casually into trading cards. I'm not against TCGs. I'm not trying to tell anyone to quit playing them. They can be really fun..... but.... I generally don't like cards (or anything) being rare and expensive just for the heck of it. And card packs are almost like loot boxes.

There's nothing wrong with doing some hard work to get the things you want... that can be very admirable. But not everyone is the same. You can't assume that everyone is just like you. People have different hardships, talents, and opportunities. What works for you may not work for others. What works for others may not work for you.

Last edited: