Why did my mom react this way to my baby powder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsomestallion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I still live at home and I'm fortunate to have a mother who lets me wear as long as I clean up after myself. I decided a couple of months ago to start using baby powder, and I didn't think to hide it in my room, even though I didn't really want my mom to see it because I was afraid that she would find it and accuse me of taking the DL thing too far.

Well, my mom noticed it when she was in my room last night, because she always goes in there to see if it's messy, and instead of yelling at me for having it, she simply said "Oh, baby powder. What's that for?" And she said that in a genuinely curious voice.

I said "Oh, it wasn't obvious enough?" and she said no. So I told her it goes along with my diapers, and she seemed happy that I'm trying to take steps to prevent diaper rash and stuff. But why do you think she didn't make the connection between my powder and diapers when she's known for a couple of years now about my diaper-wearing?

my guess is perhaps she's seen the reports on tv of talc possibly causing cancer, moms tend to worry about those things, my mom (rest her soul) was worried that sensodyme repair and protect had fiberglass in it because she saw something somewhere

why do you think she didn't make the connection between my powder and diapers when she's known for a couple of years now about my diaper-wearing?

Baby powder has a range of use that is not limited to prevent diaper rash. You can use it as a dry shampoo, to remove sands from your skin, to prevent chafing when you go for a hike or a run, my girlfriend uses it to remove waxing pain, it can help to reduced odors from shoes, it repels ants, it's also a great moisture removal, etc.

It's possible that, in your mom's mind, baby powder is no longer associated with diaper as she may be knowledgeable about those other uses.

Your mother seems like such a sweet person, she really cares about you <3 and I wouldn't worry at all :smile:

Reactions: Throwawaw11
Yeah, I keep thinking, I wish my mom had been that accepting. I would have run right out and bought diapers!!!

I have used baby powder my whole life. My parents also used baby powder for as long as I can remember and my mom still does (Dad died a number of years ago).

We have used it in our underwear all the time to help keep that area dry.

None of this had anything to do with diapers.

And many people do this. Powder in underwear, on feet or body.

Your mom may have known this.

I used to use baby powder when I was younger (but not young enough to be in diapers) to help prevent rashes in the groin area when doing sports. A lot of people use it as a deodorant around the arms too. Plus all the stuff everyone else here has said already. Basically, baby powder, name notwithstanding, is used by people of all ages all the time and one need not assume it's for diapering.

Also, let me echo that your mom is awesome!

yeah your mom is awesome mate. I wish my mom was more accepting and I still live at home.

Yup, your mom probably just doesn't associate baby powder with diapers. Like the others have said, it has used beyond preventing diaper rash.

I'd also like to say it sounds great your mom is so accepting of your diapers, and that she is genuinely concerned you stay healthy with them.

handsomestallion said:
So I still live at home and I'm fortunate to have a mother who lets me wear as long as I clean up after myself. I decided a couple of months ago to start using baby powder, and I didn't think to hide it in my room, even though I didn't really want my mom to see it because I was afraid that she would find it and accuse me of taking the DL thing too far.

Well, my mom noticed it when she was in my room last night, because she always goes in there to see if it's messy, and instead of yelling at me for having it, she simply said "Oh, baby powder. What's that for?" And she said that in a genuinely curious voice.

I said "Oh, it wasn't obvious enough?" and she said no. So I told her it goes along with my diapers, and she seemed happy that I'm trying to take steps to prevent diaper rash and stuff. But why do you think she didn't make the connection between my powder and diapers when she's known for a couple of years now about my diaper-wearing?

You would be suprised how easy it is for people to not make connections.

I use talcon powder after showering. Its basically baby powder and can be used to dry and soften the skin. I can see why the connection is not immediately obvious. Your mother does sound really cool as others have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back