Why Can't We Get A 'Normal' Person To Represent ABDL's On TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklebuttt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
People with ONLY a thing for diapers don't get the same ratings as Riley or the insane shit they used to pull on jerry springer /maury. When you see us on tv its only to make money for the tv industry. I think interviewing more of us in that episode than just one tranny AB would have given people a better representation of who we are. You can introduce me to someone who likes ice cream and how they like it, but that doesn't make me even begin to how everyone else likes theirs. When you see something on the media about us its not gonna represent most of us because they pick those of us that are waaaay out there at the end of the spectrum because it'll get more viewers. By doing this they do create a dislike for the community with the closed-minded people who are against socially awkward lifestyles. Where they could be helping people understand us by showing them that most of us are essentially just like them, they dont..... they flash a riley to the public just for shock value and it hurts our community image because that's going to be too much for "normal" people to comprehend without being eased into it.
But even with all that said watch the tyra banks show with the AB women, the interview could have gone way less awkward for her but the manner/tone in which they asked her questions were almost straight up mocking her. They did not do a good job at all of maintaining the illusion of wanting to be open minded and understand her. A few comments tyra made were specifically designed to embarrass her and get a reaction from the audience. If I were her, I would have got up and slapped the taste out of tyra's mouth.

F

faygo

its something we find in every fandom
for the furries they always get some weirdo to say "its not all about yiffing! though some people do it!" -.-
then they edit it out to say that some people in furry fandom yiff..which is all the media wants to hear
homestuck isnt much different
they dont talk about how good the web comic is,or how good the art or animation are
they wanna hear about the time a kid cosplaying as karkat was hit with a bucket at a con.
theres really no way to get a good appearence to the media if your in a fandom that (lets face it) is a little bit different.
its really unfortunate because ive yet to meet a SINGLE person who is mean here.we are all nice people :) even if we are a bit different.

cm90210

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Summary Thus Far:

Normality is relative, and the more conservative members of our community wouldn't risk their social lives to be demonized on Television.

Yep. This.

I feel entirely comfortable with my diaper feelings and because of my experience with it and personal work around it - I believe this kind of thing is normal.
However, most other people have not and will not agree with this.
Hence, although I might categorize myself as being rather 'normal', I would not risk my career or the life I now have by putting all that on display to the world.

Precious few know about my inclinations and I'm content to keep it that way.

BeckiiiBenzo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Hi,
May i point out the "secret lives of woman" episode regarding AB's? The woman who went onto that was not transgendered, homosexual or anything else. She goes to work and comes home to indulge in this side. But what you said about a Trans person representing us really annoyed me, a trans person is exactly the same as you other than the fact they had to change there body because they werent born the right gender, how does that make them any less normal? Just the same as a gay person is the same other than the fact of who they prefer sexually or romantically.

pamperchu

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I have been contacted by a few big name networks about doing an interview but I turned them down because I was working 60+ hours a week at the time. Also I would probably piss off some one just because I say something about the community they don't like. It happens to all the ABs that have been on TV.

A

Abnormal

They did something A show on Tyra or something about it and honestly the girl wasn't portrayed as "freakish". If people can't see behind their own stubbornness who cares, we all have each other in our community.

Crinklebuttt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Well i hope it didn't get posted already, but i was thinking in an instance like the Tyra Banks episode, if there was an incontinent AB and/or DL next to her backing her up on key points to ABDL acceptance, it would lend credibility to those of us that like diapers but don't need them. IC ABDL may be the only folks that can explain us to the world without instantly appearing... (insert the worst things you can imagine) to the average person learning about this. We should all be wary of exposure in the media in that most of the time they set us up for ridicule. With an IC AB/DL present it would really put the host on a short leash to spinning everything their way. The viewers at home, studio audience, and not even the head in the clouds host of the show would be able to deny that this could be a normal and harmless trend in society.

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
This topic is serious bullshit. It's a bunch of people whining that their fetish isn't accepted and whining about being associated with transsexual people. Do you really think you have credibility in expecting people to respect your abnormalities when you don't even respect other "abnormal" groups? Anyone bitching about Riley being transgirl honestly deserves to be ridiculed for wearing nappies. You want pity and you're trashing other people, trying to make out like your better than them. People like Crinklebutt ought to step forward and get on their own sensationalising television show. If they're unwilling, they have no place demanding others to. Had Riley been a cisgirl, the episode would be just as sensationalising, so you're really just expressing hate against transsexual people.

And besides, the Tyra Banks and Secret Life of Women cisgirls gave you the 'normal ABDLs' this topic is whining for. More cisgirls and cisguys appearing on TV are not going to do ANYTHING for you.

rusalka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
Had Riley been a cisgirl, the episode would be just as sensationalising, so you're really just expressing hate against transsexual people.

They picked on disabled ABs, too. It gets worse when you are a minority within a minority.

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
They picked on disabled ABs, too. It gets worse when you are a minority within a minority.

Umm... Elaborate, I'm not totally sure what part you're talking about in particular. The topic was started to bitch about how they're embarassed of Riley and have some delusional view that cisgirls will somehow make ABDLs accepted <_<

Obviously anyone that embarasses them are going to be given the same rejection, but I don't see where it came up.

babyboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
You kind of hit on another issue, you want some one that goes to work and has a normal life, who would have time for these shows if they have a job?

kwisy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
If you've got a normal life with AB/DL worked into it why would you want to open yourself up to tons of hate from people who don't even care enough to try and understand?

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Babyfur
This topic is serious bullshit. It's a bunch of people whining that their fetish isn't accepted and whining about being associated with transsexual people. Do you really think you have credibility in expecting people to respect your abnormalities when you don't even respect other "abnormal" groups? Anyone bitching about Riley being transgirl honestly deserves to be ridiculed for wearing nappies. You want pity and you're trashing other people, trying to make out like your better than them. People like Crinklebutt ought to step forward and get on their own sensationalising television show. If they're unwilling, they have no place demanding others to. Had Riley been a cisgirl, the episode would be just as sensationalising, so you're really just expressing hate against transsexual people.

And besides, the Tyra Banks and Secret Life of Women cisgirls gave you the 'normal ABDLs' this topic is whining for. More cisgirls and cisguys appearing on TV are not going to do ANYTHING for you.

It's a real shame, too, because Riley did a great job for that interview. Definitively the least awkward appearance of an AB on TV.

F

FluffyAnnie

If you've got a normal life with AB/DL worked into it why would you want to open yourself up to tons of hate from people who don't even care enough to try and understand?

AGREED. I would never subject myself to the likes of the media.

Besides, normal people aren't as interesting.

Niko

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
there really is no such thing as normal people , its society that dictates what is normal an what isnt ( IE acceptance ), the media feeds from that an exploits the stuff that isnt accepted in society as normal , as humans we are curious creatures an always want to see things that fascinate us.

for the people that did stand up an accept the TV interviews my heart is out to you , society can be very very cruel , it really doesnt matter what you have or dont have to lose its about how open you are about your fetishes or desires.

I agree , Riley sat through that interview start to finish with out loosing her cool even with the snippy comments an obviously exploiting questions that were thrown at her , the host looked more uncomfortable than she did.

Riley may be transgender an may have said she didnt represent the AB/DL community as a whole ... but honestly ... i wouldnt ask for better spokes person

Mauiman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The News Media, and the TV Networks are not really interested in normal ANYTHING. If it is an extreme like some one winning a million bucks compared to some one winning one hundred dollars they will go for the Million Buck winner. Just one example.

gottibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Atleast "he who shall not be named" didn't go on jerry springer and further the ignorant misconception that we are pedophiles and crazies.

Status
Not open for further replies.