Why Are Some Fursonas Common/Uncommon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xdeadx

I just wanna say, people at my school are ignorant or like don't notice animals lol... Cause I mean, I had a Babyfur picture of a fox on my binder, and they say. Aww what a cute picture of a baby dog! I'm like... wtf... It's a fox.

X

xdeadx

XD I know.... My friends know what furries are though XD

I'd consider you lucky if they don't like have a trolls knowledge. If they do then you're unlucky. But You know I'd say you're lucky cause with me everyone is like... what's a furry...? And I really got tired of trying to explain it so I just say.... don't worry about it =p

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
:D I showed my friends an artical one day and a few other's knew what it was. They don;t know I am one though. XD even though I had them on my binder and drew them XD

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Truth be told, I don't know what kind I am, though I'm leaning towards either a chipmunk or a bear(my two favorite characters when I was a kid was Kit Cloudkicker from Talespin and Chip from Chip'n'Dale Rescue Rangers. Still are, as a matter of fact). Probably more likely a chipmunk, since the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie came out. I've always wanted to hold a conversation with them, particularly Simon, and I'm able to modulate my voice to sound like a chipmunk. :rolleyes:

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Well this thread made me feel much better. = )

I've been secretly delving into the fandom, (more than just the "fun" pictures) and I identify with a cow. I've always liked cows, even more so recently, and the qualities just seem like me.

And I was afraid to start talking in the Furry part of the site because I thought everyone would think I was stupid because I WASN'T a canine/ feline.

I guess I assumed cows weren't that popular because i had never heard of a cow-sona. lol

diapersrulez

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
I am a wolf pup, and if anyone thinks it makes me have a lack of originality, screw them.

I like wolfs, I always had. And when I found out wat furries where I inmediately knew I was a wolf.

T

Thunder

i was just wondering why people usually go for the more common canine, lupus, feline types rather than amphibians or even say like beavers or bears and such.

Lol, i kindof laughed at this when i first read it coz one of my fursonas is a bear XD.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
*ahem*

While not being a fur-son(is that right??) per se, from a very early age, and due in no small part to being rather tightly wound (thanks hyperactivity :/) I closely identified with an animal that is unique ( only 1 ) and really intelligent (he always thinks he's right) and really, really hyper. I gotta say he's still got it, even though he hangs out with a few new friends.

Here he is, the one, the only:
tigger_facts.jpg

What ever happened to Christopher Robin?

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
i chose a wolf because i love them and i act like a pack when i can. an assaid it is a bit annoying people like ours so much

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
One you dont see every often is mice, when i'm on imvu i rarely see another mouse for days, But i pick a mouse because of their curious nature, witch is kinda like me.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I think it's not necessarily your favourite animal, or what best animal best matches your personality, but partly the animal you want people to see you as. Some people will just straight up go for their favourite animal, or an animal they think is "awesome" in some respect - an animal some might just think is totally random. Others might just go for something that have that "awww" factor about them.

Foxes, felines and canines... cute, cuddly, mostly tame, etc... or maybe cos there's a bit of attitude about them. I don't know. The exploration of my own fursona still baffles me.

B

Butterfly Mage

Well... canine-related fursonas are probably common because lots of people have owned dogs (and a wolf is just one layer of abstraction removed from a dog). Most people haven't spent quality time with elephants or seals.

Then there is the toughness factor. While I identify with butterflies, they aren't exactly harbingers of machismo.

Ichor

Banned
Role
  1. Babyfur
I have a dog fursona because I like dogs. :dunno:

They're by far my favourite thing with regards to my fondness for animal transformation, and despite the fact that I've never owned a dog, when I encounter them...I understand them. I know how they think, it's like a sort of empathy.

And they're cute. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.