Why are Betterdry so overrated?

bobbilly said:
I'm mistaken, Betterdry are brilliant with a booster. I'm using Coldex boosters that I purchased from Allanda incontinence online. I have drank 7 cans if beer (440ml) and they are stilling going strong.
I never thought to try this! Brilliant indeed!

Tundra1975 said:
The only issue I have with the Betterdry diapers is the standing leak guards always separated from the diaper and the diaper could no longer contain my pooping accidents because of the leak guard failures.

Certain lotions and oils and occasionally cream can break down the adhesive in the dipee Crinklz strictly warns not to use these products for this reason…

Consider the predominant use cases, ie, people who NEED diapers rather than wear for fun. Very often, these are bedwetters and/or old people who spend a lot of time lying down. Gravity is going to direct the moisture to the back of the diaper. In my experience, wetting while standing or standing, the wetness eventually wicks up the back. Sitting is often a problem in that butt pressure inhibits the wicking process also tends to squeeze it out the sides of the crotch.

I haven't had any Betterdry in a while so I don't recall if they're better or worse at this than the Northshore Supreme Lite and Megamax in my current stash. I do recall that I very much liked the way Betterdrys plump up in the front.

BetterDry are my go-to night diaper and I have never had a leak.
In turn premium diapers such as Molicare and Abena leak on me all the time.
So it's really like some people here already said,
what works for me, does not necessarily have to work for you.

Sample packs are a great way to find that perfect fitting diaper
that you will be happy and confident with.

I tried my first better dry a few nights ago and I loved them. Pretty quiet, which is good for me because my wife hates the crinkle sound of diapers. It reminds her that I’m wearing one. And the capacity was great. I had a full wetting in the middle of the night. Another full one in the morning and then another before I took it off. No leaks. And I love the all white and no landing zone. May be my new go to diaper.

If we’re talking about wicking, lower capacity diapers seem to do this better. One of the things I love about my ABU Kiddos is that I can soak them almost to the back. Of course, they leak if I flood them constantly. They still aren’t in the upper tier of high capacity. I wouldn’t choose them for over night, but let’s be fair… overnight is when we can utilize more of a high SAP diaper because of gravity. But, sitting in my home office chair, I prefer the higher end of daytime-grade diapers BECAUSE of their wicking.

Suddenly, that daytime vs overnight difference is cast in stark relief. Maybe it’s more than just capacity?

To me, high SAP zones need to be shaped to be the most effective. Let’s theorize a new diaper design that gets the best of all worlds.

Suppose a two layer pad, one on the bottom (against waterproof plastic) that’s high capacity SAP. Then imagine a second layer where the SAP is concentrated around the periphery of the pad and the rest is much more fluff for fluid transmission. Put a permeable layer between them to encourage structural stability.

Now, you have a diaper with hydrodynamic barriers that will repel fluid into the middle as the SAP there gets saturated. The shape is almost like an inflatable raft filled with fluff. It would help with the “pee out the top” problem. Heck, it would help all around. And the swell pattern… would be like a hug around your crotch.

Reactions: ArgentBuffalo
Rita said:
I haven't heard of or seen any diaper that can handle a full blown let go flooding !
Most are made of Lite to Milder wetting I do believe ...
The trests can handle one or two full floodings, but they are for sure the exception not the rule. I have found that most upper end diapers can handle it with a booster or two

Back