Why ABU still out of stock on S/M size

Poohbearboy

18 months
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Why is so hard for ABU to keep stock of all sizes included small or medium sizes and not be out all the. How are people suppose to order from them if their stock is always out? It's like being out over a month or so. I wonder how ABU stays in business being out stock all the time too...

Last edited:
I don’t see why you’re complaining. They might not have everything in stock in every size, but they have several options at each size if you look. And frankly, them selling out of a certain product speaks to how popular and well they are doing. Staying in business doesn’t sound like a problem they have.

Reactions: rennecfox and Deleted member 47221
I rarely see medium or some time small on their available stock.

Reactions: DprEffect
This is why i only buy from northshore now days. Everything is always in stock. As much i like ABU's diapers everytime ive checked there are no meduims in the 2 tape diapers. So last 5 orders have been through northshore.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and TexasToast11
The reason to really complain is that we have been having this problem for the past 3 years. They are probably not gonna go out of business at the rate they have been selling product, but as someone who wants to try different diapers but can’t use the right size I fight into because it’s always out of stock, doing anything else other then the size I want is a waist of money.

I like this company a lot, I can’t tell if the issue is because of their supplier being slow, or if they don’t order enough stock because their demand is way bigger then anyone thinks.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and DprEffect
They've posted before that they struggle to meet demand, using all the capacity they have access too.

If you want to know when things might be back in stock email them.

Poohbearboy said:
Why is so hard for ABU to keep stock of all sizes included small or medium sizes and not be out all the. How are people suppose to order from them if their stock is always out? It's like being out over a month or so. I wonder how ABU stays in business being out stock all the time too...

Because it's high cost to have all products in all size :)

So, you’re complaining because they’re popular? You know you can sign up for emails to let you know when they restock, right?

Besides, right now, they have stuff in stock. Not everything, but they have a good amount in stock.

Reactions: rennecfox
Poohbearboy said:

It's very challenging / expensive for a niche retailer to keep a large variety of products in stock. Warehouse space is at a premium, and the more variety you want to carry also increases the amount of capital you have locked up in inventory. ABU has worked for years to grow their business to a point where they have more than one warehouse and carry a wide variety of products. It's hard to predict when there will be a run on one product, and they aren't always going to have the money to front to do another production run. There's a 1-2 week lead time to get the run made (assuming the manufacturer doesn't have material supply issues or other jobs ahead of them) and then there's a 4-6 week boat ride after that, a week in customs at the dock, plus another week to get to the warehouse and unload. So they're having to plan (and finance) at least two months ahead. On every product they carry. I don't think even I can fully appreciate the challenge there. And then you have to consider what happens when they have the cashflow to do two runs, and yet they are running low on 3-4 models. Hard choices have to be made. Cut them some slack.

Reactions: rennecfox and trysexiea
I get the frustration, I've had to deal with that waiting on a Large PeekABU restock; I think a big part of the problem is that shipping alone seems like it can take months.

My PeekABU have a date code for December 2018, the restock hit ABU around late February, so around 2+ months just in shipment?

BabyTyrant said:
I get the frustration, I've had to deal with that waiting on a Large PeekABU restock; I think a big part of the problem is that shipping alone seems like it can take months.

My PeekABU have a date code for December 2018, the restock hit ABU around late February, so around 2+ months just in shipment?

This is correct. I'm a big Hot Toys collector, and those come from Hong Kong. I've learned over the years that after a new product is released in Hong Kong, it takes about six weeks to get to California, where they're distributed to the rest of the States. I'm sure ABU meets the same delays after production, given it can take the boat 6-8 weeks to cross the Pacific from China and sometimes the shipments can get held up in customs for days or weeks at a time.

Really, the only way for ABU to rectify this with how popular they are would be to purchase their own diaper machine and start manufacturing here in the States. They could still source their materials abroad, but if they had the means to make their diapers here, there would be less of a delay in getting them to market and they'd be out of stock less. If any of the ABDL companies are equipped to do it, it's ABU, but diaper machines are EXPENSIVE and I doubt that happens anytime soon.

Just be glad the company is doing well enough that they have this problem. For one, it shows that premium adult diapers are absolutely in demand, and for two, it opens to door for competition to succeed, which is better for us all. I started ordering more from Bambino and Rearz since ABU was constantly sold out, which puts more money into those companies, which helps them in the long run. The same can be said for any of the companies out there making diapers.

ABU will be just fine, and they'll probably be in the best shape overall in 5-10 years.

BabyLink9 said:
The reason to really complain is that we have been having this problem for the past 3 years. They are probably not gonna go out of business at the rate they have been selling product, but as someone who wants to try different diapers but can’t use the right size I fight into because it’s always out of stock, doing anything else other then the size I want is a waist of money.

I like this company a lot, I can’t tell if the issue is because of their supplier being slow, or if they don’t order enough stock because their demand is way bigger then anyone thinks.

If you're really that frustrated with ABU and if you are to find the perfect products for the right size just for you and have 100% amazing customer service then I got 1 word to say to you. NorthShore. Just be done with ABU and stick with NorthShore from now on. That's all I gotta say.

DprEffect said:
This is why i only buy from northshore now days. Everything is always in stock. As much i like ABU's diapers everytime ive checked there are no meduims in the 2 tape diapers. So last 5 orders have been through northshore.
Same here.

To those who were frustrated with ABU stocking issues: At least Northshore has Dotty the Pony and the Crinklz line of diapers. You can also try Diaper Conn., Bambino, or Tykables.

Reactions: DprEffect and DiaperedBedwetter1998
bigtoddler96 said:
To those who were frustrated with ABU stocking issues: At least Northshore has Dotty the Pony and the Crinklz line of diapers. You can also try Diaper Conn., Bambino, or Tykables.
Exactly.

Part of it is just how popular they are. I mean, yeah, they’re supply isn’t exactly the greatest all the time, but their stuff sells.

PaddedBrony said:
Part of it is just how popular they are. I mean, yeah, they’re supply isn’t exactly the greatest all the time, but their stuff sells.

Having tried several of their Diapers, and also a Onesie, they make some good stuff and the Diapers Specifically don't just function amazingly well, they are also top quality every other way and they have great variety of different prints too.

It's not impossible to find their Diapers in stock, it just takes a lot of checking at times to find what you want in stock depending on how much they have and how high the demand is at that particular time.

BabyTyrant said:
Having tried several of their Diapers, and also a Onesie, they make some good stuff and the Diapers Specifically don't just function amazingly well, they are also top quality every other way and they have great variety of different prints too.

It's not impossible to find their Diapers in stock, it just takes a lot of checking at times to find what you want in stock depending on how much they have and how high the demand is at that particular time.
Being on their email list helps a lot too. I get an email every time they restock, so I can resupply right then and there. I don’t keep a huge stash on hand, but it helps to be signed up.

AnimeDude892 said:
If you're really that frustrated with ABU and if you are to find the perfect products for the right size just for you and have 100% amazing customer service then I got 1 word to say to you. NorthShore. Just be done with ABU and stick with NorthShore from now on. That's all I gotta say.

Same here.

Does north shore sell clothbacked diapers, or diapers with two tapes? If they do I’m in.

BabyLink9 said:
Does north shore sell clothbacked diapers, or diapers with two tapes? If they do I’m in.
Clothbacked diapers yes. 2 tape diapers no sadly.

Back