Who/What would you die for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yup, yup...Another thread by me n_n...I'll have to think about this before I post my answer

B

Butterfly Mage

Well... I know what I WOULDN'T do for:

-- I won't die for Halliburton
-- I won't die for any politician
-- I won't die in a holy war
-- I won't die to save a millionaire, rock star, football player, or movie star

I would die if:
-- It saved the life of someone I truly love
-- It saved the lives of a whole lot of people at once (and those people were worth saving)
-- The choice was living (and being force-converted to Islam) and dying (but remaining true to the Goddess and God), I'd choose death.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I think there is only one person in the world I would die for- one of my best friends, who means everything to me. A few years ago he had a disease that came extremely close to killing him, and I prayed to God that I would take upon the disease instead of him.

He survived, and I'm still alive, so that worked well for the both of us. But I think he's the only one I'd do that for. If someone held a gun to my head and said "Renounce your God or die" I am not sure what I'd do.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I know I would die for my family in a heart beat. They are my world, the ones I love the most. If any one hurt them, woe to them. This is what happens in wars, when wars become ugly. Fathers and mothers watch their sons and daughters die. Then fathers and mothers kill as in the Middle East. My wife and children are over my protection, as much as I humanly can give. The hardest thing for a parent is to let go, and let your kids be individuals, but if you love them, you do. But still, I would die for them. Now go see the 7th Sign, the movie, as that question is asked all throughout the movie. Quite interesting!

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I would die for my:

-boyfriend Toni a.k.a Jastyboi
-mother
-father
-brother
-best friend-Larry Ross a.k.a. Blind Lawerence

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I would die for anyone who had more to offer than I. Someone smarter, younger, more ambitious. If it was a choice between them and I, and I knew they had more to offer, I'd let them live, and I would die.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
No one, sorry but people may say that they would die for these people, but I find it hard to believe....it defies human nature.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I know I would die for my family in a heart beat. They are my world, the ones I love the most.

Absolutely! I would also die for the very close friends we have that are like family to us. To save a little child or children from being in danger of being killed I'd likewise risk my life.

~Pramrider

WhiteWolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
What i would die for?
My fish (I belive it has done more in its life than i ever shall)
My Religion
My Country (Though as in the words of Gen. George S. Patton “The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other b****** die for his.”)

What i wouldnt die for.
Something meaningless
Something that would be short lived
Something thats probably gonna die soon anyway

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
What I would die for-

My country in a war. Not for the reasons the war may be going on for but to simply help protect my follow countrymen. If there was something that HAD to be done for the good of my country and I was one of the few or the only person who could do it I try my best even if it may mean certain death. I would rather die for something then nothing. Anyways war is gruesome and I can't pretend to know shit about it.

What I would not die for-
Green Peace, PETA, ACLU, the ELF or any other terrorists organization which oddly includes PETA in my view. I wouldn't even consider joining these at all let alone die for them.

Tafshin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
my love, regret, and pride. And all things that personally fall into those three catergories for me. I will openly state it does not include America, in my personal opinion dying for a country when you aren't employed to be put in that situation, is like dying in a gang, its ****ing stupid. To me, even putting myself in the situation of being employed to possibly die for this country is sketchy. But hey, thats just me. Anyone else who can do it, more power to you.

I also don't believe in dying for my family, just for the sake of them being my family. I'd let a good part of my family fall down dead before I'd stand up and say "I'll take this one" Actually, I'd let most of them die. Call it horrible or apathy, just my personal opinion.

X

xdeadx

Anyone of my close friends or family members. Or anyone that had more of a purpose to live than I did. But I would also live for these people as well. Dying is the easy way out.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Really depends, I don't think I can think of that right here on my nice desk chair. I'm a lifeguard, which means that every time we go out to save someone we're risking our lives. So far I don't think we've ever lost anyone but I know we've come close to. but I know it's different but you risk your life for a stranger you've never met before.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I'm too young to be dying for people. Maybe when I'm older I'd die for my family etc., but for now... no!

I might die for something I really believe in. Like I heard about this guy who protested (this wasn't in a major country) by covering himself in gasoline and lighting a match (in a location relevant to the politicians). That's pretty awesome, "I'm against this so much that I'm going to burn myself to death on your doorstep". I'm not sure what value I'd die for, and Britain would have to go pretty tits up for that to happen.

I might die in a war that I supported. However I'd never the join the army/etc. so if I was fighting/dying it wouldn't really be my choice.

I might have said "Freedom" or "Democracy", but after just reading a book where some bloke blabs on about how undefinable they are and how these things are drilled into us from a young age as 'good good good!' I'm beginning to question whether it's rational to die for something I (and possibly the people telling me to die for it) don't fully understand.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
my love, regret, and pride. And all things that personally fall into those three catergories for me. I will openly state it does not include America, in my personal opinion dying for a country when you aren't employed to be put in that situation, is like dying in a gang, its ****ing stupid.

What would happen if everyone thought like that, what would be protecting us since no one would be in the armed forces at all? Also one could read that as anyone who dies while serving in a war is ****ing stupid.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hmmm, a very interesting and thought-provoking thread. One thing I think about is not necessarily dying, but who or what would I put myself at risk for. As a nurse, there are times I put myself at risk to treat others, though I try to minimize the risk by practicing standard precautions. I also think back to my military time and the risk I put myself in, especially during combat. But I also think back to the statement made by Patton, paraphrased as "It is not your duty to die for your country, it is your duty to make the other poor bastard die for his!" If it came to putting myself between my family, friends, or someone else in danger, I would do so, but I would fight hard and try not to die in my efforts.

RubixFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
I can say I would die trying to save somebody's life

~Christhefur~

Status
Not open for further replies.