who wet the bed as a child

did you wet the bed as a kid

• Total voters
I did until I was 14 or 15. I was diapers at night until I was 7 and then had to wear a bedwetter alarm that wasn't helping until I was 9 and was put back in pullups until I was 13 and started to put grow them. I then had to wear depends diapers until I was 15 when my problems started to go away. I went back in diapers at night at 24 or 25

I did

Being a bedwetter is a big part of why I’m here. I was a heavy wetter and a deep sleeper so when I did it I woke up just soaked, all clammy with pee, uncomfortable and very ashamed.

I really have no idea why diapers weren’t considered. I don’t remember them even being in our house in my early memories. It never occurred to me that diapers are something parents could do for a child who still wets. My best guess, and only a guess, is that since I’m one of three kids very close together in age, the diaper years were so piled up with wet and dirty diapers that my parents just wanted to be done with that. We had a diaper service as babies, and maybe it wasn’t practical to keep it for kids who are wet a few nights a week.

I peed at night often but always intermittently — unpredictably enough to make every “accident“ morning an unpleasant surprise for me and a disappointing one for my mom. It got gradually less and less often. I was 9 the last few times I wet my bed and well into being 10 when my mom removed the plastic sheet.

Reactions: KCA and wetaccident
I did. Well into high school. Sadly Goodnites was not even thought up yet.
The modern dial up internet was still pretty new, and most people were getting AOL cd's in the mail all the time.

Reactions: Stacy, Lyric and bedwetterdavid
Wet the bed just about every night until I was 15. Still have the occasional accident.

Reactions: Stacy and Lyric
I went through a period when I was about 5-6 I think where I did it a lot. My mon started restricting me having liquids after dinner and it stopped after that

Reactions: MikeyD1981
my mother claims she had me out of diapers by 8 months, my sister agrees, maybe thats why I am making up for it now, wetting every night!!

Very rarely. But it was usually when I had a cold or very tired after some long day. But my mum put me in diaper , just in case.

Reactions: CWind38
Yup. As a child but never stopped so still do as an adult

Reactions: chamberpot
I wet consistently until I was 8. Didn’t fully stop until 10 though

I wet the bed, until I was 10 or 11. In diapers at night, my twin as been disabled since birth so diaper were always around. Guess my parents didn’t see the point in pull-ups.

I was 23, when I hurt my spine and developed IC as a result. I 32 when I fully stopped wetting the bed. Been dry for 4 years.

Reactions: Deleted member 62059
Because of ADHD, I had both day and nighttime accidents until an embarrassingly late age. Looking back, this definitely played a part in my DL desires since I wore goodnites to bed until around age 11.

Reactions: wetaccident
until my early teens

Reactions: Stacy, Deleted member 62059 and chamberpot
I did and still do

Reactions: Wetshisbed, Deleted member 62059, Lyric and 1 other person
Wet the bed till I was ~18 pretty much every night. Always had goodnites or diapers so at least I didn't have wet sheets every day.

Reactions: Stacy, Lyric, Deleted member 62059 and 1 other person
Bryle said:
I did till I was almost 10 and I was put in a diaper before bed and then changed in the morning. My little brother still wets the bed and is put in a diaper before bed and changed in the morning. Seeing him get diapered and diapering him myself is what made me want to go back to diapers.
Does he know that you also wear them?

Reactions: Deleted member 62059
I woke up in a cold, wet bed until I was about 10 years old. When I was about 6 or 7 my mother asked what “I” thought “we” should do about my bed wetting. As I had an affinity for plastic pants as far back as I can remember I naturally suggested that we try them….again! She told me that she didn’t think they would help without cloth diapers (they were all that was available in ‘61 or ‘62) to absorb the liquid. She was obviously was speaking from prior experience with me and my nightly leakage. But I didn’t want anything between my derrière and my beloved plastic pants so I turned down the chance to begin waking up in a dry bed, wet diapers, and my polymer pals. What a missed opportunity!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stacy and Deleted member 62059
Chronic bedwetter until I hit puberty in 7th or 8th grade. Dry nights were VERY rare until about age 12. Then frequent wet beds mixed with some dry nights thereafter. Cloth diapers and rubber pants until I was about 7, then Goodnites and rubber pants until I out grew the Goodnites. Went for a while with nothing but a rubber sheet under my bed sheet in high school, really woke up marinated when I would have a wet night. Finally started with adult disposables and rubber pants by my junior year in high school. Still wear them At night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stacy and Lyric
i was a Bedwetter till I was 7 and diapers were just a regular thing in our house...diapers at night, on planes, cars and at friends houses...

Reactions: Stacy and indiaperdl
once or twice

Back