Who wears cloth diapers regularly and what type (poll)

Who wears cloth diapers ? what type and how regularly

• Yes

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • no

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • 24/7

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • day

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • night

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • only week ends or every so often

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • terry towel

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • prefold /contour

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • AIO

• Pocket

• Total voters

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
As per title who wears cloth
How regularly and what type

DanielW

Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Other, Private
I wear a mix of cloth and disposables. In the cloth line, its mostly AIO and pocket or pull-on cloth diapers. I have a few contours and pre-folds too.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
The Angry Diaper-Poll Nerd in me is trying to restrain himself, but can't help bemoaning that this poll is trying to do too many things at once, and so is going to paint a pretty murky picture. Plus, "yes" and "no" are non-answers with respect to the questions being asked, although I think I get the intent. Anyway...

I wear diapers only a few times a week. When I do wear, I mostly wear cloth diapers. When I wear cloth diapers, I mostly wear prefolds, pinned, with pull-on covers. I have lately dabbled into AIOs, but don't see them ever becoming my first choice. I just happened to stumble upon a cute one.

Last edited:

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
As per title who wears cloth
How regularly and what type
Cloth prefolds. If I am off sometimes 24/7. If I am working when I get home till I get up in the morning. Some days never.... just too much other stuff to get done.

chuck

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I wear flat gauze diapers mostly 24/7. For overnight I add a baby prefold inside for extra absorbency. I wear pull-on plastic pants at night and snap-side ones during the day. I have several disposables but I save them for trips away from home and vacation.

Last edited:

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I probably wear cloth 95% of the time, but I might only wear once to two times a week. I've worn a little more this week.

diaperbobby

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I wear cloth at night because I am a bed wetter. However, I use pull-on style (training pants type) cloth diapers--not listed on your poll. I like the pull-on because they are easier to put on and I don't have to deal with using pins. I use 2 or 3 pair depending on how much absorbancy I think I will need.

chuck

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I have worn pull-on training pants in the past but the occasional bm accident makes them inconvenient and not practical when they need to be changed. Pin-on diapers work great for me.

Tundra1975

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I wear diapers 24/7 due to bladder and bowel incontinence. My primary daytime diaper is Seni super plus. My primary nighttime diaper is either Dry 24/7 or Seni Quatro depending on the time of year. Dry 24/7 in the winter because they retain heat. Seni Quatro in the summer because the breath and stay cooler in the summer.

Zeke

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
A contour gauze diaper for me with a doubler combined with a terry towel for overnight absorbency along with one of several different types of pullon vinyl pants. Has anyone else tried using liquid handsoap with Aloe Vera for washing your plastic pants? It seems like it significantly extends their usefulness and doesn't have the detrimental effects that some other cleansers can have.

chuck

Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Never tried washing them with liquid hand soap. Always use extra delicate cycle of washing machine and small amount of regular detergent. Pants seem to last a long time and come out clean.--I put them in the dryer for 10 minutes with some towels.

Last edited:

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I wear cloth flat gauze, probably 75% of the time to bed. Sometimes with a baby diaper as a stuffer, sometimes not. Always with pull-on style plastic pants.

Last edited:

DanielW

Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Other, Private
A contour gauze diaper for me with a doubler combined with a terry towel for overnight absorbency along with one of several different types of pullon vinyl pants. Has anyone else tried using liquid handsoap with Aloe Vera for washing your plastic pants? It seems like it significantly extends their usefulness and doesn't have the detrimental effects that some other cleansers can have.
Most people over soap plastic pants. 1 drop of a mild soap and some baking soda in the wash water and air-dry them. I've only lost pairs to worn-out elastics or a tear/snag.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I have a whole lot of prefolds of various vintage. Some are bought from places like CTDC and AngelFluff, but most of them my wife made after I cornered the local market in birdseye diaper fabric. I also have a handful of pocket diapers that I use for change of pace.

Timmy53

Contributor
Role
I use them occasionally when I feel like it. I really need to buy a few more.

Carnifex

Est. Contributor
Role
I have a bunch of flat diapers I was using only these for a while but they were starting to get holes in them I switched back to disposable diapers for the most part and every aio and pocket diaper I have tried have leaked

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I used to wear birdseye cotton prefolds every nigh. They needed to be extra thick to work with my side sleeping though. That thickness ended up causing too much hip pain so I had to go back to disposables. Thankfully I found betterdry works good enough to not leak most nights.

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I'm starting to become a bit of a modern cloth fanatic, nothing terribly fancy just Chinese pocket nappies and shaped microfiber boosters.
Only have enough nappies so far to last about 2 days, but I can see me ordering more as new prints and styles come onto the market.