Who was a diapered bedwetter as a child?

NickVC said:
I wet the bed consistently until about 13-14. My parents kept insisting I wear pull ups all throughout my bedwetting years but I refused at all costs and would just have to keep washing/changing sheets. For some reason, the humiliation of having to wear pull ups was just too much for me, and then somehow developed a fetish for it.
Interesting statement from you about being humiliated but developing a fetish nonetheless. Mine was more an accepting of wetting the bed so wear protection and be happy in the security of being in dry pjs / sheets at night. I was lucky no one ever made continuous fun of me. I do recall one of my friends and I having a fight about something and he stating that I was just a baby that still wore diapers. I think I was 4 at the time and his statement was untrue since I only wore plastic underpants over my training underwear which I thought most kids my age did back then. I think our fight maneuvered into some other subject so the diaper comment meant little as an insult to me and no one else made any comment about it while we all in group there.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08
BobbiSueEllen said:
I wish! Bedwetting was a rare occasion for me when I was between 4 and 9; when we moved, it was more frequent from 9 to 11 and my parents did nothing about it but complain, with heavy emphasis on my father, who'd fill the air with pi** & moan because he could, and felt it was his God-given privilege to do so as the head of the house. My parents married very young (father almost 19, mother just turned 16), way too young in my opinion. They could barely take care of themselves, let alone children and much less a special-needs child, which I ended up being.

Father would always gripe about every single bedwetting episode and always threatened me with Pampers over it...and threatened me with assault a time or two (he did throw me across the room a time or two). He never did anything constructive about any childhood issue: once I was sent home with lice during a school epidemic and when I got home, he was there with a menacing look on his face and told me to "get in [my] f***ing room and out of [his] f***ing sight"...which explains his character at that time. Mother, the soft-spoken one, reamed him out for that because I ran to my room, shattered and sobbing uncontrollably.

I don't talk with my parents much. I feel I burdened them enough as a child and thus stay away. They also know I want nothing from them if they die. Despite the fact I badly wanted to be in diapers for emotional reasons, they would've been an effective means to control my bedwetting in my then-unknown autism (I was just written off as a "retard" back then for it by others)...and very well could've changed our family dynamic for the better, even if only slightly so.
Very sad your parents (father) made it so tough on you. Thanks for sharing though. As being on the other side of the coin my parents never made a big deal about me needing protection at night (my father even put me back in plastic underpants at age 5 when we went to a church camp and I wet my sleeping bag 3 nights straight. I didn't want to wear them but he kindly stated I obviously needed them. And he was right, I did not wet my sleeping bag the rest of the week so the PUs worked.) Hopefully this group and the internet gives you some better piece of mind as an adult.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08, BigKid25 and NaranjaColor
I wasn't a bedwetter, but I toilet trained really late and then had several years of incontinence afterward. I had some irregular bedwetting during those times, but only as a completely incontinent adult am I a chronic bedwetter.

Reactions: bbpnts
Lifelong bedwetter that had to wear pin on diapers with plastic pants until I entered high school just before I turned 15. I was an every night wetter that often wet more than once and even with thick diapers on I would get pjs and sheets over my plastic covered mattress somewhat wet a couple of days a week. By this time I had developed a love hate relationship with my diapers. I hated wetting every night and my older brother loved threatening me with telling my friends that not only was I a bedwetter but I slept in diapers. I could never have any friends in my room in fear they would sit on my bed and hear the loud crinkle of my plastic mattress cover. twice I had friends sit on my bed when I was like 11 or 12 and both times they commented “why is there plastic on your bed” then say oh I know why!!!. Always super embarrassing. I also had to deal with the fact my mom usually laundered my diapers and would just stack them along with my plastic pants in the laundry room, on the steps going upstairs, or on my bed in my room. I was always scrambling to get those out of site. so while I was becoming a dL, but hating the fact I was a teenage guy that peed in my sleep nightly I was always trying to convince my mom I was no longer wetting my diapers. I’d wake up and put on a dry diaper and show her. Well obviously I had nowhere to put my wet diapers or plastic pants so hiding them was kind of silly. The smell after a day or to made them very easy to find and upset my mom quite a bit. I was 11 or 12 doing this and I would get punished, not for wetting at night but trying to hide it from her. She made me return to her putting my diapers on for bed, in my room, on my bed, with the door open and I felt like a 5 year old again. I also had to not remove my morning diaper until she checked it, and of course it was wet every morning.
once in high school I was allowed to stop wearing diapers and could now wake up in the middle of the night in a flood puddled up on the sheets as the mattress protector did it’s job. Pj’s, blankets, sheets, and often my pillow were all drenched in smelly pee. I was now in charge of changing my bed and laundering everything. Many mornings I didn’t have time to do this so my exposed soaked bed would simply dry out during the day. Now of course my room had that strong bedwetters smell. I missed my diapers terribly but had to pretend this was a better plan, after all I was now 15. Well I let this go less than a year and told my mom I needed to go back to my diapers. I acted likeI had no choice but in reality I loved being back in diapers every night and really no longer hated waking up soaked every morning.
Dr’s kept saying Id outgrow it but I never did. Not until my 30’s did I have a through eurodynamic study done that showed I have a neurogenic bladder, probably since birth, with no identifiable cause (like spina biffada)
Asthe dr. put it my bladder more or less acts like a babies in that communication between my bladder and brain don’t function properly and my hopes of having any nightime control “might” be cured via surgery. Might is not good enough for me to go that route.
I also struggled forever with daytime leaking issues, for the same reason, and had to find a bathroom 15-20 times a day. I always wore thick training type pants or double pairs of underwear to catch leaking issues. At least 3 times that I can remember my mom had to bring a change of pants to school for me when I’d have a mortifying accident.
fortunately now being a dL mades all of this much easier. I still wear thick pin on diapers with plastic pants at night and usually quality disposables during the day. Sometimes when I’m not concerned about the bulge I’ll wear my cloth diapers during the day.

Reactions: SandyRope, SacredHourglass, hoimi and 8 others
ballyhooser said:
Lifelong bedwetter that had to wear pin on diapers with plastic pants until I entered high school just before I turned 15. I was an every night wetter that often wet more than once and even with thick diapers on I would get pjs and sheets over my plastic covered mattress somewhat wet a couple of days a week. By this time I had developed a love hate relationship with my diapers. I hated wetting every night and my older brother loved threatening me with telling my friends that not only was I a bedwetter but I slept in diapers. I could never have any friends in my room in fear they would sit on my bed and hear the loud crinkle of my plastic mattress cover. twice I had friends sit on my bed when I was like 11 or 12 and both times they commented “why is there plastic on your bed” then say oh I know why!!!. Always super embarrassing. I also had to deal with the fact my mom usually laundered my diapers and would just stack them along with my plastic pants in the laundry room, on the steps going upstairs, or on my bed in my room. I was always scrambling to get those out of site. so while I was becoming a dL, but hating the fact I was a teenage guy that peed in my sleep nightly I was always trying to convince my mom I was no longer wetting my diapers. I’d wake up and put on a dry diaper and show her. Well obviously I had nowhere to put my wet diapers or plastic pants so hiding them was kind of silly. The smell after a day or to made them very easy to find and upset my mom quite a bit. I was 11 or 12 doing this and I would get punished, not for wetting at night but trying to hide it from her. She made me return to her putting my diapers on for bed, in my room, on my bed, with the door open and I felt like a 5 year old again. I also had to not remove my morning diaper until she checked it, and of course it was wet every morning.
once in high school I was allowed to stop wearing diapers and could now wake up in the middle of the night in a flood puddled up on the sheets as the mattress protector did it’s job. Pj’s, blankets, sheets, and often my pillow were all drenched in smelly pee. I was now in charge of changing my bed and laundering everything. Many mornings I didn’t have time to do this so my exposed soaked bed would simply dry out during the day. Now of course my room had that strong bedwetters smell. I missed my diapers terribly but had to pretend this was a better plan, after all I was now 15. Well I let this go less than a year and told my mom I needed to go back to my diapers. I acted likeI had no choice but in reality I loved being back in diapers every night and really no longer hated waking up soaked every morning.
Dr’s kept saying Id outgrow it but I never did. Not until my 30’s did I have a through eurodynamic study done that showed I have a neurogenic bladder, probably since birth, with no identifiable cause (like spina biffada)
Asthe dr. put it my bladder more or less acts like a babies in that communication between my bladder and brain don’t function properly and my hopes of having any nightime control “might” be cured via surgery. Might is not good enough for me to go that route.
I also struggled forever with daytime leaking issues, for the same reason, and had to find a bathroom 15-20 times a day. I always wore thick training type pants or double pairs of underwear to catch leaking issues. At least 3 times that I can remember my mom had to bring a change of pants to school for me when I’d have a mortifying accident.
fortunately now being a dL mades all of this much easier. I still wear thick pin on diapers with plastic pants at night and usually quality disposables during the day. Sometimes when I’m not concerned about the bulge I’ll wear my cloth diapers during the day.
Oh, that love hate relationship with diapers.
When I was young, very young, I was a bedwetter too. I wished I had diapers and plastic pants to deal with it, but was also terrified I would get diapers. I had nothing to worry about though, my mom would have nothing to do with me being back in diapers. I know, how having that plastic sheet on the bed feels! I hated that noisy thing!
My sister use to tease me, about my bedwetting sometimes. I just know, it would have been made worse, if I had diapers too. She would have relished me, having to be in diapers and plastic panties.

In hindsight, I believe I would have been much better off with diapers, in spite of having to deal with my sister.

Last edited:
I think one of the thoughts that parents had back then was their embarrassment not thinking of their child’s well being. Keeping a child in diapers at nite is best for all. Letting nature take its course is best. Most kids stop wetting the bed at around eight or ten. Boys have a harder time with wetting themselves. If wearing diapers wasn’t such a taboo then kids wouldn’t have such a problem with sleepovers. I wouldn’t be surprised if fifty percent of children have wetting problems especially at nite. As for me after five I was okay but before that I wore diapers and no big thing was made of it. One thing that I did was to hold my BM too long where a little would come out. I would clean my underpants and finish in the commode. I was to too embarrassed to tell my mom until I got caught after that I tried not to have that happen again. i had a favorite cousin who had to wear diapers at nite his parents never made a big deal about it and I never teased him about it a problem found and a problem solved. How easy the solution is about using diapers and if taught to kids and parents then the stigma on diapers only for babies would disappear. Some times kids and adults have leakage during the day if it weren’t for diapers only for babies then the sale of diapers would go through the roof.

Reactions: Edwardono1
Jim100 said:
I think one of the thoughts that parents had back then was their embarrassment not thinking of their child’s well being. Keeping a child in diapers at nite is best for all. Letting nature take its course is best. Most kids stop wetting the bed at around eight or ten. Boys have a harder time with wetting themselves. If wearing diapers wasn’t such a taboo then kids wouldn’t have such a problem with sleepovers. I wouldn’t be surprised if fifty percent of children have wetting problems especially at nite. As for me after five I was okay but before that I wore diapers and no big thing was made of it. One thing that I did was to hold my BM too long where a little would come out. I would clean my underpants and finish in the commode. I was to too embarrassed to tell my mom until I got caught after that I tried not to have that happen again. i had a favorite cousin who had to wear diapers at nite his parents never made a big deal about it and I never teased him about it a problem found and a problem solved. How easy the solution is about using diapers and if taught to kids and parents then the stigma on diapers only for babies would disappear. Some times kids and adults have leakage during the day if it weren’t for diapers only for babies then the sale of diapers would go through the roof.

There are quite a few things you mentioned that I respectfully disagree with, but I don't feel that it's appropriate for me to hijack the thread arguing my points.

I also held in BM as a kid and there's a medical term associated with it which escapes my mind right now. But I totally get that. It's frustrating because I was mercilessly ridiculed for that by my brothers. Ugh...

Luvshugs said:
My sister use to tease me, about my bedwetting sometimes. I just know, it would have been made worse, if I had diapers too. She would have relished me, having to be in diapers and plastic panties.

In hindsight, I believe I would have been much better off with diapers, in spite of having to deal with my sister.

If you don't mind me asking: how were the two of you when she teased you? Was there any older sibling that on the contrary to your sister did't tease you because of the bedwetting?

NaranjaColor said:
If you don't mind me asking: how were the two of you when she teased you? Was there any older sibling that on the contrary to your sister did't tease you because of the bedwetting?
I wet the bed till I was around 6, my sister was older then me by 4 years. There was only my sister and I, no others.

Reactions: NaranjaColor
ballyhooser said:

sounds a lot like me

I was always threatened with being put in diapers for bedwetting but it never happened.

Reactions: Jim100 and BabyHailey1977
BobbiSueEllen said:
I was always threatened with being put in diapers for bedwetting but it never happened.
I never was a bedwetter. But my mom did threaten me lol

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I had a cousin who had bowel probs, he was about a year younger than me. Occasionally, we'd go visit the relatives and I'd see he was being diaper-punished but I didn't mind hanging with him...deep inside, I wished it was me wearing diapers, too. :cry:

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
BobbiSueEllen said:
I had a cousin who had bowel probs, he was about a year younger than me. Occasionally, we'd go visit the relatives and I'd see he was being diaper-punished but I didn't mind hanging with him...deep inside, I wished it was me wearing diapers, too. :cry:
I had the same experience. I was staying with my aunt and uncle and my cousin wet her pants one day and my aunt bought her a small pack of Huggies and put one on her when we got home. My aunt noticed me watching and boy, I was wishing she’d ask if I wanted to wear one. Drove me crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Yes, I had wetting issues in early 2000 when I was 10 going on 11. My mother saw it best that I began wearing a nappy every night. She bought me the largest sizes of the baby nappies, mostly Pampers Baby Dry, and I found that I enjoyed wearing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: PampersboyLondon and BobbiSueEllen
I was in diapers until I was 11, the first bit is obvious being a baby, then bedwetting, then medication that caused me to have a weak bladder, then back to bedwetting and the normal Walmart depends didn't cut it, my mom had to buy thick, bulky adult diapers from SEARS where she special ordered them and they came in a 10 pack wrapped in clear plastic, no label which I found to be weird.

DiscreetDL said:
I was in diapers until I was 11, the first bit is obvious being a baby, then bedwetting, then medication that caused me to have a weak bladder, then back to bedwetting and the normal Walmart depends didn't cut it, my mom had to buy thick, bulky adult diapers from SEARS where she special ordered them and they came in a 10 pack wrapped in clear plastic, no label which I found to be weird.
Back in the late '70s, I used to pore over the adult diapers section of the Sears catalog. All the diapers I saw looked exactly like the fanfold Pampers of the day and were quite thick. I wanted them so badly...I used to plot, scheme on how I'd get them in my grasp. But I had no ready access to a Sears store or the means to get there, no credit card...and no guts to go up to the store's special order section and order in-person. Or even how to get them to my bedroom, or how to hide them. Not until 1981 did I have all the opportunities to sneak in a big box of 48 toddler Pampers, make one up and wear it...my very first post-potty-training diaper. It looked and felt very babyish. What an experience that was (I'm blushing for a reason)! 🤭

BobbiSueEllen said:
Back in the late '70s, I used to pore over the adult diapers section of the Sears catalog. All the diapers I saw looked exactly like the fanfold Pampers of the day and were quite thick. I wanted them so badly...I used to plot, scheme on how I'd get them in my grasp. But I had no ready access to a Sears store or the means to get there, no credit card...and no guts to go up to the store's special order section and order in-person. Or even how to get them to my bedroom, or how to hide them. Not until 1981 did I have all the opportunities to sneak in a big box of 48 toddler Pampers, make one up and wear it...my very first post-potty-training diaper. It looked and felt very babyish. What an experience that was (I'm blushing for a reason)! 🤭
My first exposure to adult diaper was also in the seats catalog. I remember my mom asking me to make my Christmas list, going through the catalog and WHAT! They make diapers for adults! rocked my world. let's just say the Christmas list gave to my mom was short a couple of items that I didn't dare include.

Reactions: Jim100 and BobbiSueEllen
Back