Who was a diapered bedwetter as a child?

BobbiSueEllen said:
I wish! Bedwetting was a rare occasion for me when I was between 4 and 9; when we moved, it was more frequent from 9 to 11 and my parents did nothing about it but complain, with heavy emphasis on my father, who'd fill the air with pi** & moan because he could, and felt it was his God-given privilege to do so as the head of the house. My parents married very young (father almost 19, mother just turned 16), way too young in my opinion. They could barely take care of themselves, let alone children and much less a special-needs child, which I ended up being.

Father would always gripe about every single bedwetting episode and always threatened me with Pampers over it...and threatened me with assault a time or two (he did throw me across the room a time or two). He never did anything constructive about any childhood issue: once I was sent home with lice during a school epidemic and when I got home, he was there with a menacing look on his face and told me to "get in [my] f***ing room and out of [his] f***ing sight"...which explains his character at that time. Mother, the soft-spoken one, reamed him out for that because I ran to my room, shattered and sobbing uncontrollably.

I don't talk with my parents much. I feel I burdened them enough as a child and thus stay away. They also know I want nothing from them if they die. Despite the fact I badly wanted to be in diapers for emotional reasons, they would've been an effective means to control my bedwetting in my then-unknown autism (I was just written off as a "retard" back then for it by others)...and very well could've changed our family dynamic for the better, even if only slightly so.

I feel bad for you , My parents were not the best to put it mildly, I left home at 15 and a half, or should I say home left me.. I managed to get along alright without them, Your parents being so young your right in saying that they just were not ready to be parents as they were but children themselves, similar to my folks who married young and my father also had lost his parents around 12 and pretty much was alone in the world so he really didn't have any role models either , I made peace with him before he passed.

Reactions: NaranjaColor and BobbiSueEllen
chamberpot said:
I feel bad for you , My parents were not the best to put it mildly, I left home at 15 and a half, or should I say home left me.. I managed to get along alright without them, Your parents being so young your right in saying that they just were not ready to be parents as they were but children themselves, similar to my folks who married young and my father also had lost his parents around 12 and pretty much was alone in the world so he really didn't have any role models either , I made peace with him before he passed.
Thanks, and it's cool because I managed to survive it all. There are kids out there who've been through worse, including many of my cousins. I'm sorry you went through what you did, too. :cry:

Reactions: chamberpot
I was a bed wetter until the age of 10. My mother would put me in cloth diapers and plastic pants every night before bed. Disposables were not around at that time. My mother would also diaper me if we went on long car rides in case I fell asleep in the back seat. After I dried up I missed waking up in my warm wet diapers and would secretly take them out of the hall closet and wear them to bed. I was caught several times by my mother.

Reactions: SacredHourglass, SydDLBoi and BobbiSueEllen
I was a bedwetter until around ten.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I was a bedwetter into my mid teens. I only got to wear diapers for a short time, when our dog needed them for hip problems. I was sharing a matress with my sister.

PacifiergGuy2015 said:
I was a bedwetter until around ten.
And yep diapered, real diapers not pullups
(Sorry but to me pullups aren't the same)

xtekvet said:
I was a bed wetter until the age of 10. My mother would put me in cloth diapers and plastic pants every night before bed. Disposables were not around at that time. My mother would also diaper me if we went on long car rides in case I fell asleep in the back seat. After I dried up I missed waking up in my warm wet diapers and would secretly take them out of the hall closet and wear them to bed. I was caught several times by my mother.

I wonder what did she say to you, what was her reaction?

Last edited:
I was in diapers for such a short period of time that I don't have a faintest memory, apart from maybe a feeling of a memory.
My parents took the diapers away as soon as I could use a potty. But I still had wet the bed a lot and had daytime accidents quite often till I was maybe 12 or 13 and it didn't phase out completely untill 15 or so.

My mother had to deal with enormous amounts of wet pajamas, sheets, and pants in my primary School years. She even tried to threaten me with the idea of putting me back in diapers when I was about 6, expecting me to be threatened and ashamed by that thought and, probably, don't know 'try better'?
But what she didn't expect was that if at first I wouldn't speak my mind, but later when I naively expected her to be more amendable to the idea I asked her if she really would do it. And I remember her shutting that conversation down in a decisive, but surprised tone.

So I simultaneously tried to outgrow the daytime accidents, and enjoyed the feeling of bedtime wetting from time to time.
My mom had plastic sheets put under the regular sheets for a long time. When we traveled she packed one as well.

One last wet nighttime accident I had after a week long mountain trip:
I traveled with a bunch of adult friends. In terms of continence it was a totally uneventful thing — just a lot of hiking and climbing and deeper sleep.
After we made it out of the woods we had one last overnight stop in local private motel. That's where my brain finally gave up — I absolutely soaked the matrass of an old spring bed I slept on!
It was the biggest puddle I've seed myself do since childhood! An adult friend that we shared a room with separate beds with calmed me down ensuring that it just happens from time to time and it was all due to stress. I agreed, and I still remember the pleasant feeling I had after we talked about it. Probably because there was nobody to tell me off because "I wasn't grown up enough" as I obviously was, and all I had to do was apologize to the owners of the place, who were kind and understanding as well.

That is what I probably like about being in diapers — the attitude of being "permitted" to be what you are and not being belittled just because you can't hold it sometimes.

Reactions: JOCKMAN, BigKid25 and chamberpot
I was a chronic bedwetter until I was about 13 or so. Was never out of diapers and plastic pants at night. My mom just kept buying bigger diapers and pants. I was cloth diapered by her or my older sister until I was about 8 and then wore disposables with my plastic pants. I started to gain some nighttime control by the time 9th grade started and I was out of the diapers but then went through a stage where I would wake up in a pee soaked bed more often than not. Finally went back to adult diapers and rubber pants by the time I was 17.

• Wow
Reactions: SandyRope, SacredHourglass, jaredc3 and 6 others
I was in cloth nappies at night up till 7 but still wet the bed occasionally up till 10 and just a few times up to 13 but started again around 32 and had to wear nappies at night again. That's over half my life in nappies. I have had to go 24/7 for the last 2 or 3 years now. Just pull ups during the day though

Reactions: DiaperGuy08, DiaperedBedwetter1998, SydDLBoi and 1 other person
I was a bedwetter until I was 15. I wore Goodnites (or the off-brand versions) for years. I really miss those years where I could wear in the evenings/ mornings and no one would think twice about it. My family knew it was just how it was. It did make overnight trips with friends more stressful, but those were few and far between.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, SydDLBoi, thedlguy and 1 other person
BabyAusty said:
I was a bedwetter until I was 15. I wore Goodnites (or the off-brand versions) for years. I really miss those years where I could wear in the evenings/ mornings and no one would think twice about it. My family knew it was just how it was. It did make overnight trips with friends more stressful, but those were few and far between.
very relatable , i was a bedwetter till 16 , tried goodnites but they couldn't hold my wetting back then , had to wear normal adult tape ons . Totally agree nice having to wear about freely , nowadays i had to hide all my stuff as my mom do not know about me being a DL.

Reactions: JOCKMAN, DiaperedBedwetter1998, SydDLBoi and 2 others
I was. I was - I think - around 6 years old when I started wetting the bed. I don't remember ever wetting the bed, but it must have happened a few times. I do remember the night I went back into diapers though. My parents did tell me that day that they I was going to wear a diaper that night. I wasn't looking forward to bed time. I tried to delay in the bathtub as long as I could but finally I had to get out. I went into my room and mom had put a changing pad on my bed and asked me to lie down on it. This was the 70's, so she asked me to lift up as she slid cloth diapers under me. Baby powder and vaseline, and then having the diaper pinned up. Like I did every night for the following 4-5 years, she'd hold my plastic pants up while I was still on my back and I'd aim my feet at the holes. Once they were around my ankles, she's slide them up over my diaper and I was good for bed. In the morning I'd get up - always with a wet diaper. For some reason, I was cleaned up in the living room on my change pad in the mornings.

There was never anything mean about it. My folks were awesome. Sometimes it just sucked being diapered because it wasn't in any way different than changing a little baby. I sometimes wonder if it prolonged my night wetting. Every time a diaper was pulled up between my legs, I always felt that I didn't have to hold it anymore. Even when I had to wear day diapers it was the same thing. I'd just go in them without even trying to hold it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SacredHourglass, Edwardono1, SydDLBoi and 2 others
I purposefully started wetting the bed so my parents would put me pull ups.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
goodniteslover12 said:
I purposefully started wetting the bed so my parents would put me pull ups.
I also tried this but it never worked. Now I just have stained mattress.

I wet the bed until I was 12 every night, but the nappies were taken away when I was about 2. In those days they reckoned that if you were wet and uncomfortable you would stop wetting earlier ... fat chance! I went to boarding school where I wet less often, but always had the red rubber sheet on the bed. Nearly stopped wetting when I was 17 but it came back and has been with me ever since.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, NaranjaColor, chamberpot and 1 other person
I still wet the bed off and on, I remember wearing Huggies Pull-Ups until I was around 10-11 years old (I was a really small child, when I was 10 I looked no older than 6 or 7, and my parents were cheapskates), and then GoodNites to the present day. I currently have around a 28 inch waist, and they work well enough for any occasional accidents.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and NaranjaColor
I wet the bed consistently until about 13-14. My parents kept insisting I wear pull ups all throughout my bedwetting years but I refused at all costs and would just have to keep washing/changing sheets. For some reason, the humiliation of having to wear pull ups was just too much for me, and then somehow developed a fetish for it.

I was a major bedwettter until I was 6 and I had to wear pin-on terry towelling nappies and plastic pants to bed every night. I can certainly remember my parents putting my nappy on every night after I'd had my bath. I don't remember being either happy or sad about wearing a nappy at that time, it was just what I did and I assumed everyone else was the same. From 6 years of age I moved onto DryNites (or some other similar brand), which I was more or less responsible for putting on at night and changing when they were wet. I think I was about 8 when I was finally dry at night. There was always a plastic mattress protector on my bed right through until I was starting high school.
There were some daytime occasions where my parents would make me wear a nappy or a Pull-Up, like long car trips, day trips to the zoo and picnics, etc. where toilet access was limited. I think my last cloth nappy was around my 8th Christmas and we had to drive 1600km to my grandparents. I remember because I was very upset about this and got a massive spanking from dad for being difficult.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and NaranjaColor
I was a child in the 1980's, I have a vivid memory of waking up soaked in my sleeper and shyly walking down the hallway to were my mom and dad were sitting in the kitchen, I remember sort of sticking my head in the doorway while keeping my body hidden behind the wall and asking my mom for help. I must have been 3 or 3 1/2, I was so embarrassed, a specific part of this was that my mom was saying that I need to get myself together and be big, and then the threat that she would send my dad to the store to buy baby diapers if it happened again.
The was kind of traumatic because I didn't want to be a baby, I wanted to be a "big boy" in front of my dad, weird because I'm pretty sure at the same time I was already scoping out diaper bags and trying to swipe diapers any chance I could get.

Back