Who here plays a musical instrument?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatetheDragon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I play the trumpet and the piano, with a little guitar on the side, which I'm still learning.

I used to play tambura (tamburica) and now I am learning to play guitar. And I love it!

Piano. Harmonica. Took years of classical guitar. Dabble with a little fiddle and banjo.

Bari sax

I used to play the piano, though all I ever play anymore is the acoustic guitar. Very, very rarely will I pick up the electric, since I live in apartments. :B

I might have posted this already, so please excuse me if I am repeating myself. I play pipe organ, piano, and sing 2nd tenor.

Guitar, Upright Bass, Harmonica. I'd like to get a banjo :)

I play guitar (have for 8 years), flute, trumpet, trombone, drums, alto sax and I sing.

I play piano and bass a bit. I took piano lessons for a couple of years and taught myself bass.

I used to play trumpet a lot. I still pick it up from time to time. But nothing like what I used too. So I can still play it, but if I was to have to play a complicated piece, I've never played before, it'd take some practice.

I play a little valved trombone & some guitar as well. But it's been years since I touched either of those, so I know I'd be pretty bad at them.

But I can play a pretty mean kazoo.

I have a degree in organ performance. I also play piano and keyboards.

I taught myself some piano and am taking violin this year. I used to take guitar but got molested by my teacher so now I hate it.

I can play trumpet and piano. It's been a while since I've played, so I'm probably a little rusty, but I'm sure I can get back into it.

Guitar, 40 years and counting. Mostly rhythm, but some lead. Have acoustics, and electrics.

Drums, in my heart of hearts. Need to get me a nice set!

Piano & synthesizer (analog), but not very proficient. Gave my last piano away. Too much involved in moving it cross country.

I play fiddle

Irish music is my thing.
I play Irish Accordion. Mandolin, 4 and 5 string banjo.

When I was younger, I played an instrument in the band, but I haven't touched it since middle school. I highly doubt that I'd be anywhere near as proficient today, but it's worth mentioning, I suppose. I wonder where that thing is? In storage? Its not in my closet. Hmmm....

Paddedwolf said:
I play fiddle

I'd love to learn to play, but seems like it'd take awhile. I like all kinds of music, but since I grew up in a rural area, I listen to a lot of country. It's what I grew up with. Lots of the songs that I like have fiddles playing in them.

For the piano players in this thread, who long did it take you to become acceptably proficient at it? 3 years? 5? ...10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back