• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Who has the coolest. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Accent? There is worldwide representation here; who's accent do you think *rocks*?

As for me, I think a Scottish, or Aussie accent is the coolest! I mean, "krikey":smile1:

Tell it like it is!

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I like British accents, but as long as I can understand what the person is getting across to me I really don't even notice accents anymore.

Apparently people from Tucson have an accent, according to my Washingtonian friends.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
Us Newfies have best accent!

lord tunderin jesus' you dunno whattaya at bys

heh just a little taste

S

Secret

A US southern accent, with a little bit of accent from the carolinas.
A New Orleans Biyou accent is good to
Or a nice Irish accent

Role
Diaper Lover
Brits, hands down! I would give anything for an english accent. We had a couple guys with British Soccer Camp stay with us once, and all of my girl friends were talking about there accents! Ahhh! I want one! lol

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Mickal, Martin, Lukie, Kraiden, Paul_Fox, and a few others I'm bound to miss.

They all have kick-ass accents.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Umm... dun really think about it. I'm lucky not to have my local accent, often considered to be one of the worst in the UK. I'm proud to be a brummie, but even prouder NOT to sound like one.

I have to agree with Marty and Mandi that Mickal sounds pretty cool. I also tend to like Celtic accents in general - Irish, Scottish and Welsh accents all pwn in my opinion. I've had bad experiences with Australian accents but my mum is obsessed with Australian soaps, so that is probably the reason.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
East Indian....mwahahaha...J/K

Hmmm...I've heard sooooo many accents over the years...one of my friends (an Arab) has a really interesting accent...it's kind of Hispanic...which is weird considering he's never been to "Latin America".

I have to admit that my absolute favourite accents are Irish (once you learn to decipher what they're saying)...and French (France kinda French, not Quebecois, Acadien, or "Cajun" French)...oooo-la-la!

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ooh, everyone should do this - this is me. I swear to God I don't sound like that normally.

Also, in terms of English-speaking countries, I like Irish and Scottish accents. I also quite like a certain kind of American south accent, not the extreme redneck type but that kind of relaxed drawl you hear from time to time. I don't don't know the geography well enough to be specific. The Newfoundland accent is excellent as well, but in a different way...

Amongst the worst to my ears are Welsh, Scouse and Brummie.

Last edited:
Role
Private
Ooh, everyone should do this - this is me. I swear to God I don't sound like that normally.

Also, in terms of English-speaking countries, I like Irish and Scottish accents. I also quite like a certain kind of American south accent, not the extreme redneck type but that kind of relaxed drawl you hear from time to time. I don't don't know the geography well enough to be specific. The Newfoundland accent is excellent as well, but in a different way...

Amongst the worst to my ears are Welsh, Scouse and Brummie.
Perhaps a conversation through voice is in order?! :smile1:

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Perhaps a conversation through voice is in order?! :smile1:
On Skype, you mean? I would but I have to go now. If you're on later I'm up for it.

Also, so this post isn't wasted: an accent related anecdote. I was in...actually I'm not sure where it was, Budapest or Prague or somewhere like that, I forget now... with few friends and we met up with some Americans and got chatting. One of them said to me, "I really like your accent," to which I replied, "Thanks. I like yours as well". "My accent?" she then said, "but I haven't got an accent." Obviously I told her that she had an American accent. I just thought it was funny how she seemed to think of how they spoke as normal and anything deviating from that as an accent. I'm afraid everyone has an accent.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
People are saying 'British accents!' but to me that makes no sense!
Even saying 'English accents!" would be bad...

I sound nothing like a Welshman, nor a Scot, nor a southerner!

I will the say the best accent is a Northern Semi-Mancunian (Manchester) accent. I say semi because nobody likes the Manc accent, but I sound kind of like it... When I get on Skype more people can hear it then.

Accents have been a hot topic recently for me (this was going to go into my blog, but since there's a topic it can go here). I just started university and as you can imagine there's a lot of people from all over the country here, so lots of different accents. There's quite a north/south rivalry going on with me and my friends. We've made a test for detecting posh southern fairies:
Say the word "Grass".

If "Grass" rhymes with "ass", you aren't posh.
If "Grass" rhymes with "arse", you are posh!

Hehe.

So yeah, I insist that everyone who said "British" re-post what the actually mean! Daphne Moon or Emily Waltham (that one on Friends)?

Status
Not open for further replies.