Who else wears Terry nappies ?

Do wear terry nappies and was you a terry nappy baby ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Every night at home I wear terry nappies to bed and have got the folding them down to a T meaning once pinned on they’re nice and comfy and stay put all night .
Who else wears terry towel nappies day or night and was you a terry nappy baby like me as well ?

Reactions: Edgewater

sinceiwassmall

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Terry nappies specifically, no. The terry cloth may be a uniquely British babyhood thing. But cloth nappies yes.

Curity prefolds as a baby. Almost every possible variety of cloth from all in ones to flats as a parent.

And now some soft cotton flannel fitted diapers, a prefold-stuffed pocket diaper, and some versatile muslin flats as a much bigger boy who still sometimes likes to play baby.

Reactions: Lyric and Edgewater

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was a Birdseye baby and still wear them from time to time wear in the daytime at night its MegaMax and a diaper cover. I am a restless sleeping and find that for me, the high capacity disposables hold more without being excessive bulky.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
sinceiwassmall said:
Terry nappies specifically, no. The terry cloth may be a uniquely British babyhood thing. But cloth nappies yes.

Curity prefolds as a baby. Almost every possible variety of cloth from all in ones to flats as a parent.

And now some soft cotton flannel fitted diapers, a prefold-stuffed pocket diaper, and some versatile muslin flats as a much bigger boy who still sometimes likes to play baby.
Terry nappies were used in Australia and NZ and other common wealth countries , but in essence a UK thing

Reactions: wowser81, KCA, Edgewater and 1 other person

Lyric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm from the US and grew up wearing Curity cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed every night until I was 17. After that, I wore cloth diapers whenever I had the urge to have a diaper on. Now, I wear cloth prefold diapers full time. Never cared for disposables.

toddler

I love wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
parcelboy2 said:
Every night at home I wear terry nappies to bed and have got the folding them down to a T meaning once pinned on they’re nice and comfy and stay put all night .
Who else wears terry towel nappies day or night and was you a terry nappy baby like me as well ?
I wear cloth nappies and plastic pants 24//7.

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I’ve got some French terry diapers—tiny loops on one side, smooth on the other. They’re made from bamboo viscose and spandex, so they’re stretchy and quite comfy.

And astonishingly absorbent.

Do those count?

I was a cloth baby, but in the US terry diapers were never really a thing. I was put in prefolds. I still mostly wear prefolds, but I think variety is fun too. Perhaps I’ll get around to trying a proper terry nappy at some point—for cultural appropriation’s sake, heh. :)

Last edited:

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Yes brought up in them wore to school to just before 10 in SEN classes although wasnt SEN,happiness in them as so safe and secure is why I am as I am now,even though I very often self loathe myself

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
parcelboy2 said:
I wore Terry nappies and rubbers as a baby, I would love to try them again, I use disposable nappies now

Reactions: wowser81 and Edgewater

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Cotton gauze or Birdseye prefolds or contours are my day diaper to which I add a folded terry bath towel as a soaker and a folded terry hand towel as a liner to ease cleanup. The bath towel I usually only add at night or if I know I’ll be home all day. The biggest advantage that I’ve found to terry cloth is it’s ability to absorb very rapidly and then wick to the slower absorbing gauze or Birdseye. The terry hand towel liner gets added any time I wear cloth to make it easier to clean up messes as I’m dual ic. I don’t know if you can count this as wearing terry nappies or if it’s more of a terry hybrid system, but it works well for me. Especially at night where it helps avoid leaks due to my being a side sleeper and a flood wetter.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Lyric

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Zeke said:
Cotton gauze or Birdseye prefolds or contours are my day diaper to which I add a folded terry bath towel as a soaker and a folded terry hand towel as a liner to ease cleanup. The bath towel I usually only add at night or if I know I’ll be home all day. The biggest advantage that I’ve found to terry cloth is it’s ability to absorb very rapidly and then wick to the slower absorbing gauze or Birdseye. The terry hand towel liner gets added any time I wear cloth to make it easier to clean up messes as I’m dual ic. I don’t know if you can count this as wearing terry nappies or if it’s more of a terry hybrid system, but it works well for me. Especially at night where it helps avoid leaks due to my being a side sleeper and a flood wetter.
A terry nappy is just another type of towel

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I would imagine that your terry nappies absorb much quicker than do our gauze, Birdseye, flannel, or other tightly spun fibers. That’s why terry cloth is almost universally used for bath and hand towels. How long do your terry cloth nappies last? One of my problems, that has caused me to transition from gauze to Birdseye, has been durability. My washing machine has been damaging my gauze diapers so that’s why I’ve been switching to Birdseye. Like you I drove truck nationwide from ‘78 through ‘90 with over 1.5 million miles, most of them doing heavy haul and oversized loads. It would’ve been wise of me to take your approach to the profession and do it padded rather than holding it for far longer than I should. I can’t imagine that being healthy for urinary system or G.I. track. Back then cloth diapers and plastic pants would’ve been the choice which being gone for 1-4 plus months at a time would’ve been a bit of a problem.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Zeke said:
I would imagine that your terry nappies absorb much quicker than do our gauze, Birdseye, flannel, or other tightly spun fibers. That’s why terry cloth is almost universally used for bath and hand towels. How long do your terry cloth nappies last? One of my problems, that has caused me to transition from gauze to Birdseye, has been durability. My washing machine has been damaging my gauze diapers so that’s why I’ve been switching to Birdseye. Like you I drove truck nationwide from ‘78 through ‘90 with over 1.5 million miles, most of them doing heavy haul and oversized loads. It would’ve been wise of me to take your approach to the profession and do it padded rather than holding it for far longer than I should. I can’t imagine that being healthy for urinary system or G.I. track. Back then cloth diapers and plastic pants would’ve been the choice which being gone for 1-4 plus months at a time would’ve been a bit of a problem.
Luckily in Uk I’m only away 5days max unless going to tuck show

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I occasionally use these from CosyNDry.
We had trouble with folding terry squares, getting the right fit etc so these are perfect for when my GF wants me in cloth.

Attachments

• 915C9904-9EF2-484A-9745-C253BC1AE778.jpeg
    915C9904-9EF2-484A-9745-C253BC1AE778.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Love
Reactions: wowser81, Edgewater, Chrissie and 1 other person

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I was raised mostly in Terry flats as a babe and have a preference for them now, I have tried the american style gauze and not a huge fan, it may be smooth but feels stiffer to me and not as soft, It is a bit slower to absorb, does not feel as "puffy" or nappy like and in the case of the contour I have is more prone to holes and damage from the Snappies I use where Terry towel seems perfect for them.

Zeke said:
You might find you are actually better off using some Microfleece as a liner for messing, it will feel drier against the skin than the Terry hand towel and most off the time any mess just falls off when cleaning whereas it can be a bit stickier with Terry due to all the loops and fluffiness of the fabric. it's easy enough to make them too as Microfleece doesn't fray so you can just cut a liner shape and go.

Reactions: Edgewater and Zeke

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
parcelboy2 said:
Luckily in Uk I’m only away 5days max unless going to tuck show
In the contiguous United States and Canadian provinces I was usually only gone for up to two months. But I was on our company’s Alaskan fleet on which there were five of us out of a thousand trucks. This meant that when the freight was heavy for our subsidiary K&W in Alaska going to the oil fields on the North Slope I would be sent up there for anywhere from three to six months to run freight from the rail yard in Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay or other oil related sites on the Slope. This was usually during the winter but K&W’s owner operators almost all had summer jobs such as flying hunters and sightseers into remote areas or several had six pack licenses for taking up to six people sport fishing out of ports on the Kenai Peninsula and southern Alaska. When K&W got short handed I would sometimes get stuck running the haul road in the summer. It would get so rough that I shook the dash out of one truck and it fell down on the steering column, broke several crossmembers, cracked a frame rail, and other related damage. During the winter they build up eight to ten inches of ice pack and blade it of smooth. It’s like driving on an interstate highway as long as it’s cold enough. If it gets close to freezing it gets pretty slimy but at sixty to seventy below Fahrenheit it’s like driving on bare concrete. The pay was great though and when we went north out of Fairbanks our pay scale doubled so that helped a bit. The wife was fine with me being gone as long as those big checks kept coming.

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Belarin said:
I was raised mostly in Terry flats as a babe and have a preference for them now, I have tried the american style gauze and not a huge fan, it may be smooth but feels stiffer to me and not as soft, It is a bit slower to absorb, does not feel as "puffy" or nappy like and in the case of the contour I have is more prone to holes and damage from the Snappies I use where Terry towel seems perfect for them.

You might find you are actually better off using some Microfleece as a liner for messing, it will feel drier against the skin than the Terry hand towel and most off the time any mess just falls off when cleaning whereas it can be a bit stickier with Terry due to all the loops and fluffiness of the fabric. it's easy enough to make them too as Microfleece doesn't fray so you can just cut a liner shape and go.
I haven’t had any problems with my cotton gauze or Birdseye contours or prefolds from using my Snappi(s). There’s been a couple of times when I got lazy and didn’t do laundry when I should’ve so I improvised with a terry bath towel and you’re right the Snappi(s) work well with the terry cloth. As far as wetness goes I don’t have much problem with it as the terry wicks well to whatever material I happen to be wearing for a diaper. As far as using terry hand towel for a liner they’re cheap and clean up fairly easily when soaked for a bit. I fold them in thirds and then open the front and rear into a “V” with the crotch still folded. This tends to keep the mess from migrating forward and has eliminated the UTI’s that I would get prior to doing this. Dual ic was kind of a bitch before I started to get a system for dealing with it worked out. Fortunately I’ve had an affinity for plastic pants as far back as I can remember which kind of led to me becoming a DL when I started using the two together to manage my condition. I think we all get to be a little nostalgic, when it comes to what diapers and materials we prefer, remembering back to what we were diapered in as babies. My wife and I diapered our children in the same prefolds, safety pins, and plastic pants we were diapered in as infants, despite disposables becoming quite prevalent at the time, which saved us a lot of money.

Last edited:

Edgewater

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
OldTerry said:
Yes brought up in them wore to school to just before 10 in SEN classes although wasnt SEN,happiness in them as so safe and secure is why I am as I am now,even though I very often self loathe myself

You're a great, caring Human! Life is way too short to self-loathe, really!
It is hard to like yourself, as you know all your short-comings.
When the darkness comes, try busying yourself by taking all those great things about you and write them down. If you think the list is too short, trying helping those that need a bit of help. It can be little things at first and simple things like helping a neighbor clean-up their lawn, etc. Alfter all if you have time to loathe, you have time to help someone else.
I believe in your goodness and if you take a poll, more likely everyone else here will agree!
Have a wonderful day, you desire it!!
Cheers!

Reactions: OldTerry