Which would be less risky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
After a long wait, I'm considering buying some nappies...sooner rather than later hopefully. Was wondering if you guys could help me out on this one. Do you think it would be better to buy them (I think I'm going to plan to get some drynites) in store, when I'm about 45 minutes car drive from where I live (as I don't want anybody I know seeing me - this would mean waiting untill my fammily decides to go out somewhere 45 minutes away from my house and then going off while we're there to a store, either that or i'd have to get a bus) , or order them online (in which case I might change my nappy chose so that I can get discreet delivery), and risk my step dad (who's home most days- although may be able to find a day when he isnt) finding me out when they're delivered?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)Thanks

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Getting them at the store would definitely be less risky. All it takes is a simple slip of the mind of forgetting your package and your entire cover is blown. You could keep the diapers in your car until you have time to move them to your room.

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
Yer, thanks :)but then I don't have a car- Id have to go with my fammily somewhere and then sneek of to a shop...still probably the better option though

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well are you the one driving? I think 45min away would be a bit much...I just go 20min or so away, and I have never seen anyone I know even remotely near there...I could probably even go to places 5-10 min away and no one I know would see...But back to you...You could do something like I do...Which is, when I bring them back home, I put them around back and then get open the back door and bring them in later...And then just bring them up to my room when everyone is asleep...I do this at night though, so people wouldn't see me in the back

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Just go and get a pack of something, it would drive you nuts waiting for them in the mail, plus you might not be the one who gets to the package first.

Stop the agony go and get yourself a pack or 2 of diapers, I say or 2 because you are going to want to buy more soon.

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
Well are you the one driving? I think 45min away would be a bit much...I just go 20min or so away, and I have never seen anyone I know even remotely near there...I could probably even go to places 5-10 min away and no one I know would see...But back to you...You could do something like I do...Which is, when I bring them back home, I put them around back and then get open the back door and bring them in later...And then just bring them up to my room when everyone is asleep...I do this at night though, so people wouldn't see me in the back
I wouldn't be the one driving the car. And yer, I like the idea of waiting till people are alseep to birng them up, thanks.

Stop the agony go and get yourself a pack or 2 of diapers, I say or 2 because you are going to want to buy more soon.
It really is agony...I realy really badly want them......time to muster up all my courage. Two packs, good idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It really is agony...I realy really badly want them......time to muster up all my courage. Two packs, good idea
Yeah I tend to buy two (bought 3 last time since it was buy 2 get 1 free, and I couldn't pass that up)...If you aren't driving, then it's going to be really hard to get them into the car and all that...I think it would be best for you to go to a place within walking distance while your family is out somewhere, so then you won't have to wait until everyone is asleep (unless they get home while you're out, then you could put them around back or something and make an excuse like you were talking with a friend), and if you're going to a pharmacy, the chances of seeing someone you know is low (unless they work there), since most teens don't hang out at pharmacies...

LinusBlueSnow

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Just go out and get a pack, don't order them online because if you really want them right now the fastest way is to go out and buy some. If it were me, I'd go on a day where you know that no one will be home for a few hours, take a bus if you can and go into a store and buy a pack. Muster up as much courage as you can, make sure you have enough money, and oh don't buy Depends. :D go now and take care

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
ok, i think ill take a bus, just somewhere a bit further away than home, that will just make me a bit more comfortable. And yer, the pharmacy suggestions a good idea. Ill take a rucksack for on the bus and when I get home..also, people won't tend to question whats in the rucksack when I get home. Hmmm, well its 10.49pm where I am, so can't go right now..but as soon as I get the chance. Ill keep you updated, and if you have any more adivce, please post, thanks very much. :)

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
ok, i think ill take a bus, just somewhere a bit further away than home, that will just make me a bit more comfortable. And yer, the pharmacy suggestions a good idea. Ill take a rucksack for on the bus and when I get home..also, people won't tend to question whats in the rucksack when I get home. Hmmm, well its 10.49pm where I am, so can't go right now..but as soon as I get the chance. Ill keep you updated, and if you have any more adivce, please post, thanks very much. :)
You should come up with an excuse of what is in the bag before you go in, just in case someone asks you whats in the bag. For example say its stuff you need for some school project. You could even take it one step farther and buy some cheap suff to put on top of the bag of diapers in your bag so that you can even show them quick if they are really snoopy. But if no one you know is too snoopy it shouldn't matter much.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
When I got my first pack of diapers in a store, I took the train (it didn't have a face though :tongueout:) to a city more than 100 km (60 miles) away where I was absolutely sure I knew no one.
So 45 mins on the bus doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Peachy

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
jabo, yer, good idea, ill get some other stuff to put on top. And Peachy, 60 miles away, wow, you are commited.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd say Online. Double check when everyone is out. If someone is at home if they arrivie you could easily say "new computer stuff".

Store.. Well you might get caught by a friend and family.

The choice is yours.

EDIT: Plus ordering them you'll have a wide range of choice and able to get some decent brands. i.e Tena.

Last edited:

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Is there anything that you could say you would be ordering online that no one at home would question? It would have to be fairly big but you could probably think of something.

You'll get a better choice that way, all you're likely to find in an ordinary chemist's or supermarket is drynites and quite possibly only the smaller sizes and I don't know how much good that would be to you. It would also be without embarrassment online, which would be nice for your first time.

Good luck whatever you decide.

chelseacry

Banned
Role
Just buy them online, "drynights?", by some good ones man.
Get them off a online store with discrete shipping and ya....,
i know a good supplier on ebay if you want just pm me about it.

tom

Role
Diaper Lover
Wo, now Im confused. Online, in store...I think Ill just see what opportunites come up, and what I feel more like doing on the spur of the moment.Like if I find out there's a day or two when everyone's going to be out, ill order online if I can get them to be delivered on those days. Or if a fammily member is going on a long journey I might try and tag along and then sneek off to a store. Its just a waitining game I guess. Thanks for all your replies.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If you do order online, make sure the company has discrete shipping, just in case your family sees the package. You don't want to order a case of diapers and end up having the box displaying the brand name all over it for everyone to see.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
When I got my first pack of diapers in a store, I took the train (it didn't have a face though :tongueout:) to a city more than 100 km (60 miles) away where I was absolutely sure I knew no one.
So 45 mins on the bus doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
Wow.. actually 100km away from your hometown?

From personal experience, I've found out the city offers a certain anonymous status. I can go into a store and quite surely find that noboby will know me. My first time was horrible but it's a great feeling afterwards, I can assure you.

As I have zero experience of ordering stuff online, I suggest you don't when you live with other people. My parents quite honestly want to know what I receive just to make sure I stay on the right path. Parents never worry you'll buy stuff like diapers, but they are afraid you'll order drugs/cigarettes or whatever is bad for you.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Wow.. actually 100km away from your hometown?
Yes, but I should have mentioned that I did not go there solely for the purpose of buying diapers. That was just one of several reasons to travel that far. I just took the opportunity when I had it ;)

Peachy

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Yes, but I should have mentioned that I did not go there solely for the purpose of buying diapers. That was just one of several reasons to travel that far. I just took the opportunity when I had it ;)
Oh right, that sounds a LOT less paranoid! I'm not sure how your town is like but mine pretty much offers anonymity if you go to the town centre. But most people go to another village because they think others will discover them. Paranoia can make people do crazy things

Status
Not open for further replies.