Which type of diaper is preferred the most here?

Cloth backed, plastic backed, or cloth?

• Total voters

theancientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I really can't see what type is the most popular among us, so I'd like to get a poll on your favorite type of diaper

(Would you kindly)

Smooth plastic backed disposables are usually the very clear winner. Works for me!

Reactions: thedlguy
A dry one! *giggles and runs...* 🤪🤭

• Haha
Reactions: Fireheat, Killerpanda3, Jim100 and 2 others
4-tabs Plastic backed high capacity diapers with tall leak guards.

Reactions: Cold84 and Blekyss
Cloth backed disposables - definitely not.

As a baby, I used cloth with rubber pants and still prefer them but I normally use plastic backed disposables because it's so much easier to just roll up the used diaper and put it into the trash instead of keeping, then washing and drying cloth diapers.

Plastic backed is my #1 choice.

I love the crinkle, less friction against my legs, and fewer leaks ( compared to cloth backed ) .
Also - there is nothing quite like the sensation of wetting a plastic backed diaper 😊

Reactions: Cold84
I used to really like clothed back on realy hot days. they were better at breathing so I didn't feel so icky and sweaty. But in the last 5 years, the absorbancy of the high end diapers is so good, and their ability to wick moisture away from the skin is so amazing, that it's no longer a thing. Bye Bye smelly cloth backed, Helllllo Pink Unicorns!

Reactions: Deleted member 42221
I love cloth for the overall effect with plastic pants. Trying to wash and get them dry indoors out of view from neighbours is a pain though, so plastic backed disposable are a second option for me.

Seeing the results a savvy manufacturer might want to keep going with plastic backed versions?

Last edited:
I have a strong preference for plastic backed diapers (my go-to diaper is Crinklz).

I know Plastic Backed is by far the most popular; whereas Cloth Backed isnt as popular there are some that like it and I believe its possible to make a good Cloth Backed disposable

There are also some that like Cloth, but I think it's far less popular than Plastic Backed Disposables.

I go Plastic Backed most often, occasionally I wear "Hook and Loop" which is kinda a Hybrid between Plastic Backed and Cloth Backed in that the Diaper itself is Plastic Backed; but it has a Cloth Like Landing Strip for the Tabs to adhere to.

I havent worn Cloth Backed in a long time; the last I did was Seni Quatros a good 5 or 6 years ago and I liked those quite a bit; other than the look (the colors and design dont appeal to me, but it was a good performer last I had them)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Being a cloth diapered baby, a cloth diapering father and now wearing almost exclusively cloth diapers cloth is what it takes to float my boat. For travel I will often switch to Abena M-4’s but other than their thinness for fitting under street clothes and the disposal issue I much prefer cloth. Initially my fetish was directed towards plastic pants from my first memory of it at about age 3. Now that I actually use and need diapers they have given me justification for wearing my beloved plastic pants over these comfortable cloth nappies. Stay Padded.

Reactions: bounduptoplease and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
A dry one! *giggles and runs...* 🤪🤭

BLASPHEMER!!

Anyway, I voted for plastic backed; I love the smooth feel of a plastic backed diaper, especially after it's been soaked 😌

• Haha
Zeke said:
Being a cloth diapered baby, a cloth diapering father and now wearing almost exclusively cloth diapers cloth is what it takes to float my boat. For travel I will often switch to Abena M-4’s but other than their thinness for fitting under street clothes and the disposal issue I much prefer cloth. Initially my fetish was directed towards plastic pants from my first memory of it at about age 3. Now that I actually use and need diapers they have given me justification for wearing my beloved plastic pants over these comfortable cloth nappies. Stay Padded.
I too was a plastic pants junkie back around age 3 and still have a few pairs now to play in.

BabyTyrant said:
I know Plastic Backed is by far the most popular; whereas Cloth Backed isnt as popular there are some that like it and I believe its possible to make a good Cloth Backed disposable

There are also some that like Cloth, but I think it's far less popular than Plastic Backed Disposables.

I go Plastic Backed most often, occasionally I wear "Hook and Loop" which is kinda a Hybrid between Plastic Backed and Cloth Backed in that the Diaper itself is Plastic Backed; but it has a Cloth Like Landing Strip for the Tabs to adhere to.

I havent worn Cloth Backed in a long time; the last I did was Seni Quatros a good 5 or 6 years ago and I liked those quite a bit; other than the look (the colors and design dont appeal to me, but it was a good performer last I had them)
Yea the last time I wore a cloth backed diaper myself was the seni quatro because xp medical was talking about how great they were and I jumped on that right at they arrived. Turns out they weren't as good as I had though because I've always been a plastic backed fanatic. Actually the first adult diaper I bought was Abena Delta form and I thought it was great till I tried the Abri form, then dry 24/7's and so on, all plastic backed style. I was born in '87 so my childhood diapers were all plastic backed, and that's more than likely why I prefer plastic over cloth, just like those who were brought up with cloth prefolds prefer those over disposables.

I, too, am a big fan of the hybrid designed diapers with Velcro fasteners with a plastic shell but they're pretty expensive, especially Bambino magnificos. I would like to see a hybrid design like the magnificos but with only 1 tape per side. I'd try those.

Being IC and wear 24/7 a Abena Air Plus is my morning/daytime diaper. Afternoons is a female pullup
and overnight is a Cloth prefold with booster and PUL panties.

Antientmariner said:
Yea the last time I wore a cloth backed diaper myself was the seni quatro because xp medical was talking about how great they were and I jumped on that right at they arrived. Turns out they weren't as good as I had though because I've always been a plastic backed fanatic. Actually the first adult diaper I bought was Abena Delta form and I thought it was great till I tried the Abri form, then dry 24/7's and so on, all plastic backed style. I was born in '87 so my childhood diapers were all plastic backed, and that's more than likely why I prefer plastic over cloth, just like those who were brought up with cloth prefolds prefer those over disposables.

I, too, am a big fan of the hybrid designed diapers with Velcro fasteners with a plastic shell but they're pretty expensive, especially Bambino magnificos. I would like to see a hybrid design like the magnificos but with only 1 tape per side. I'd try those.

Actually all Tykables are Plastic Shell with Velcro fasteners (and the cloth landing strip) ; as are the ABUniverse DinoRawrz and Bunny Hopps

The Bunny Hopps have 1 tape per side; but they are Pink

plastic-backed

I voted plastic back. I have tried the others and never liked them. I was suprised the vote was more for plastic back though.

BabyTyrant said:
Actually all Tykables are Plastic Shell with Velcro fasteners (and the cloth landing strip) ; as are the ABUniverse DinoRawrz and Bunny Hopps

The Bunny Hopps have 1 tape per side; but they are Pink
Oh okay cool now I know where to find those 1 Velcro tape per side designs. I could care less if they're pink or not 😁 that can be yellow with pink polkadots for all I care. I highly doubt anyone will be admiring me wearing them (except the sneaky flies on the window looking at me with their little peepers). Just as long as their absorbent enough to last at least 12 hours

Back