Which Linux to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
While I was surfin the net for some info on linux I came across this link.

http://www.zegeniestudios.net/ldc/

It about a 5-min test that ask you a few qustions and then it will tell you which ver. of linux that you may like.

I took the test and it recommend:

OpenSuSE
Kubuntu
Ubuntu
Mandriva
Fedora

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Ubuntu
Fedora
OpenSuSE
Debian
Mandriva

I'm going to install Debian on the system I have as soon as I can find some stupid SCSI drivers for this MoBo.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
To be personally honest, every one gets those if you want a typical setup. I have used both OpenSuse and K/Ubuntu. They are both pretty good. I would let you try Opensuse first, comes with one the best installers ever made IMHO and comes with java/flash and Mp3 support. All the software you are bound to use is on the DVD. When you do go through Setup, I would recommend that you don't choise the new KDE 4, it was very very unstable for me and just kept crashing, even after the post-release patches.

Ubuntu is good, is that it also just works, but may require a little more effort to get things running, but since its so popular, googling any problem is bound to give you answers.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
*hates KDE*

Either Ubuntu or OpenSUSE would be good for you, methinks. They both are easy on newcomers, they should help you get familiar with Linux.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd say kubuntu. I'm going to have to disagree with mm3. KDE rocks :p.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
E17 | Gnome | Openbox | Blackbox | XFCE FTW!

I just really dislike KDE.... it's hideous!

random person

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
KDE looks like Windows, which some people like, others hate, I would guess that most people who hate the Windows interface would also hate KDE.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
KDE looks like Windows, which some people like, others hate, I would guess that most people who hate the Windows interface would also hate KDE.
You can pretty much customise any window manager to look a fair bit like Vista, XP or Win9x.

But I prefered KDE because I know it works and tends to give of more features that appeal to me than the Gnome window manager.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Ok so right now i'm useing Puppy Linux, its like the best live ver I've tried so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.