Votes: 53 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
cloth diapers smell when used... and need to be washed immediately or the smell with get tons worse. Disposables... roll it up... toss it in the bin... and get another....
...Cloth diapers do not have any kind of anti-rash threatment in them like the higher grade disposables do. Cloth ones will soak up moisture... but they do not lock it away from the skin... so you end up getting irritated a lot sooner. I have never been one to get bad rashes... but spending the night in a wet cloth diaper will give me one.
rushing to one's aid with a bottle of Dettol (anit-septic/disinfectant). or rather, Morrisons' own brand Dettol-a-like (it's got a mellower pong to it, though it's not as strong a disinfectant as Dettol). i always do an extra rinse of my clothes in dettol and suchlike to deter bacteria and it works for trad diapers, too. oh, and don't use 'softener' or 'conditioner'.....they coat material in a water-repellent thingymajig.
also, for speeding away fluid and keeping it away from the skin, use a polyesterish flock liner (similar to the inner lining of coats or some air-filters for air-conditioning) as i was doing long before Pampers figured it out (in their older style diapers).
and, of course, you'll have a next-to-the-skin liner for comfort, i presume?

Finally... cloth diapers are very hot. I typically end up soaking them with sweat before I pee in them enough to dictate a change. It's not very comfortable.
wear less clothing over them ;)

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
cloth ones can be a lot bulkier than most disposables and really soak up a ton. They work great for the long run and last long if you wash them appropriately. The only problem is that they do cost a bit both to buy and maintain, but in the long run can be worth better than disposables.

I have them both and greatly prefer cloths over the disposables, but only for overnight usage. I cant wear any diapers during the day due to school and work (both can work up quite a sweat) and would be uncomfortable very fast. When i do get the chance during the day i prefer disposables because they are more convenient to change out of while in public.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've only ever used disposable diapers, but I'm interested in trying cloth some day. Though I'm pretty sure I'll still like disposables over cloth after I try cloth. Cloth doesn't seem very appealing to me, though I won't know for sure until I try them.

G

gamebaby

wow the many opinions of diapers. and all are usaly disposable. but then again.......

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like disposables, i grew up in them as a kid, and made makeshift disposables when i couldn't get real diapers. Now i wear disposable, so yah i like disposables, but i would like to try cloth some day.

wetbritches

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
As a wetter for over 40 years, it depends on what is best for your application. For me, I used cloth with Fetware plastic pants. I have used disp. diapers and have found that for traveling they work very well. The oly problem I have with thme is I tend tp breakout in a rash when I used the. My children also broke out in a rash so I may be allergic to something in the diaper.

When I stay in a hotel, I used a large bath towel for my diaper. I rinse it out in the shower and leave it for the cleaning crew to pick up with the other towels. I use the 6 mil plastic pants and they have lasted for going on 3 years. I have 6 pair and they are used daily.

Those that have plastic pants and no longer want them, would you consider trading them for disp. diaper? I wear a large/Xlarge plastic pants, pull on or snap would be OK.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Those that have plastic pants and no longer want them, would you consider trading them for disp. diaper? I wear a large/Xlarge plastic pants, pull on or snap would be OK.

I think you're going to have to earn a bit of trust from people before they go mailing you things...

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
As in other posts, I wear cloth and plastic pants. It too is what I grew up with, and have always had the desire to be back in them. I wash mine out in the shower with a little shampoo since the shampoo is there and it smells nice. I hang them to dry, and when I have several, wash them in the washing machine. The only smell problem, and it's small, is when I wake up in the morning and take them off. This system works out well for me.

TB4eva

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I ussually use disposable. But baught some cloth online. I loved it. But had to dispose of them due to the fact they almost got me caught.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
A high quality disposable beats a good cloth diaper. Cloth has the advantage of being reusable and thus cheaper over the long haul and a thick cloth diaper and some quality plastic pants are very effective against leaks but a good disposable is also very effective. Cloth need to be washed which can be tricky if you don't have access to a washing machine where no questions will be asked. Cloth also need to be washed within a few days of being used to prolong their life wait too long and they can get nasty and that also brings a smell. If you have time to wash and a place to do so and want to save money go with cloth but if you want the diaper fun without the diaper hastle get a good disposable and enjoy

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've worn cloth and disposable...disposable is by far better in my eyes. ^^

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I vote disposable, for a number of reasons. the foremost among them is that it is much easier to obtain disposable diapers from... anywhere that it is to get adult cloth ones.

EDIT: 300 posts. Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.