Which is a better choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsme

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other, Private
So, I'm thinking about ordering online soon, and was wondering which would be better to get (in terms of absorbency, thickness, etc.) Tranquility ATNs or the Abri-Form X-Plus?
Thanks

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Abri X-Plus are great diapers so I say get them. Also XP Medical is the cheapest place for them I think too.

But Darkfinn also has a good suggestion too. Just find which is the cheapest for you and go for those. But I think it might only be a buck or two cheaper then each other.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I love the secure Xplus, I was recently given a molicare to try, by johnaton, I liked it but I think I got more wetting without leaking, into a secure care.

I compared the two after they were used, by weight, and the secure care held like 2 lbs. more I can't say what it was in ounces but I do drink about the same amount everday.

I also gave a secure care to jonathon who gave me the molicare, and he said he wasn't thrilled with them, I guess to each his own.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Did you have the "new" Secure X-plus with the front & rear waist bands?

The case I ordered before this one only had a rear waist band... I think the front one is a big improvement.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
The secures have the band in the front now!? :SHOCKED:

This is front page news.. why didn't someone tell me!? *off to buy some*

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Meh, no idea. Never tried either, but that changes in 4 years.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Nope... the originals did not... they only had a rear.

I think they learned something from Bambino and copied it over into their "main line" product.

Even though the companies swear they are not related... they both use the same kind of product and ship from the same area.

I would imagine that Secure & Bambino have one diaper production line that can make either diaper depending on how the machine is programmed. They run Secure X-plus for a while... then run Bambino for a while. Bambinos are currently on backorder...

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't really get this similarity people see between Bambino and Secures...the plastic that they're made out of is completely different, it's much much softer on Bambinos. Secures are made with a cheaper kind of plastic that tends to unattach itself from the absorbant material while you're wearing it. I'd say the only thing similar is the design of the absorbent material...I think people get hung up on the shiny plastic landing zone on the front of the diaper...

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Have you looked at a Secure & Bambino side by side?

Waistbands... identical
Tape "landing zone"... identical
Tapes themselves... identical
Absorbant material... identical

I can't tell a difference in the plastic between the two diapers. I think it is something you read somewhere and it's all in your head.

The only differences I can see in the two are the thickness and the prints. Both are easily programmable on a diaper making machine. Even the plastic can be changed on the machine... since you swear it is different. It is just sheeting on a big roll that the machine takes in at the start of the cycle.

Even the packaging when everything comes out... cases of 64 diapers. Very similar.

If Secure & Bambino are not related... they use the exact same type of machine with the majority of the same settings to produce their products.

Think of every other major diaper manufacturer... all the diapers are different to some degree... they all have their little "unique" characteristics that make them different from any other brand on the market.

Now look at Bambino. They manufacture a niche product... a very high quality one at that... and charge prices that are comparable with main-line adult diapers.

How is this possible? Simple... quantity. There aren't millions of AB/DLs in the USA ordering from Bambino... but by making a few subtle changes they can poof produce a main-line adult diaper to market to the IC community under the Secure X-plus name and rake in the dough.

If you know anything about high-tech computer controlled manufacturing it is really a no-brainer. All it takes to alter your product a bit is to press a few buttons. In this case add more absorbant material, a different tape landing zone, and (maybe) a softer plastic.

It makes perfect sense to me. They can produce the Secures to make the company run... and the Bambinos to bring in extra profits.

itsme

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other, Private
Hmm, looks like secure x-plus may be the way to go. Thanks guys

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I love the secure Xplus, I was recently given a molicare to try, by johnaton, I liked it but I think I got more wetting without leaking, into a secure care.

I compared the two after they were used, by weight, and the secure care held like 2 lbs. more I can't say what it was in ounces but I do drink about the same amount everday.

I also gave a secure care to jonathon who gave me the molicare, and he said he wasn't thrilled with them, I guess to each his own.
Yes the Secures were really good, but they leaked on my way down to Meet up with Tsendo.

Also you don't even have to ask this question. The Abena's win hands down, but let it be known that the tapes suck on them. If it wern't for the tapes being so shit&y, I would totally recomend these.

Status
Not open for further replies.