Where The Wild Things Are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well it's time again for a pretty short and good children's book to be made into a full length movie. This time it's Where The Wild things are and here's the trailer for it from Hulu.

Hulu - Movie Trailers: Where the Wild Things Are

Link for our non-American members. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--N9klJXbjQ

Now, the book is very good I think. However I don't see how they can adapt this into a full length movie at all since the book is very short itself. So in that case it's either going to be pretty good or it's going to flop big time. But anyway most of the monsters look cool and I still love those PJ's or costume that the boy has.

Last edited:

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
"We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States."

damn.

Ah well, I read the book a long time ago. Was cool, but the movie will probably suck because the book was like ten sentences long.

Mistah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I'm quite looking forward to that movie. My guess is that it will be pretty good! The trailers make me want to reread the book! =)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
"We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States."

damn.

Ah well, I read the book a long time ago. Was cool, but the movie will probably suck because the book was like ten sentences long.

The movie will focus more on Max's relationship with his mother and she seems to be dating some guy and max doesn't like it at all. Anyways I can see your point of view and I do agree with it to a extent.

Here's the trailer on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--N9klJXbjQ

Also the song fits VERY well with the trailer.

Elizabeth

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Haven't actually watched the trailer yet, but from the pictures I've seen, the monsters look incredible. I'm so glad they didn't go CG with them. I also have no clue how they're stretching the story out to a full movie, but I'm definitely going to watch it to find out.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i was grumpy when i saw the thread. "what's next, goodnight moon?" but then i watched the preview and it actually looks pretty cool. screenplay by dave eggars! and it's cool to see a wolf parade song being used in a feature film.

still, i hope it doesn't replace the book the way "the polar express" did. most kids these days don't even know that was a book before it was a movie. i remember making my parents read me "where the wild things are" over and over and over again: those are some really happy memories, and i want the next generation of kids to have that too. snuggling up to your parents and being read to is a lot more special and meaningful than any movie could ever be.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
i was grumpy when i saw the thread. "what's next, goodnight moon?" but then i watched the preview and it actually looks pretty cool. screenplay by dave eggars! and it's cool to see a wolf parade song being used in a feature film.

still, i hope it doesn't replace the book the way "the polar express" did. most kids these days don't even know that was a book before it was a movie. i remember making my parents read me "where the wild things are" over and over and over again: those are some really happy memories, and i want the next generation of kids to have that too. snuggling up to your parents and being read to is a lot more special and meaningful than any movie could ever be.

My parent's never read me "where the wild things are". However I recall the teacher in either kindergarten or 1st grade reading it to me and the rest of the class and back then I thought it was the best story ever and it still holds a place in my heart. It's fun, it's scary, it deals with courage and a whole lot of other subject's if you read between the lines.

In any case I hope that if Max's mom is dating a guy or guy's that max doesn't go all "Problem Child" in the movie trying to prevent his mother from dating.

Also I think the monsters are CGI, at least partly. I can tell they are using costumes but they added CGI to give it more realism from what I can tell. However the monster's do look great. I think I'll go see the movie just for them, asides for being a BIG fan of the book.

Elizabeth

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Also I think the monsters are CGI, at least partly. I can tell they are using costumes but they added CGI to give it more realism from what I can tell.

Yeah, I know they'll be some, especially with the faces, I think - I kinda wish they hadn't done any - but when I first heard about the project, I expected them to be fully CGI. CGI is a great tool, but I feel like it's best when it's used in little, subtle ways, rather than creating full characters out of it.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Yeah I saw an artcle about it in USA Today when I had to do a project for a reading class.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Somehow the script is out online for it. I seen it and I can confirm it's real. However I haven't got that far into it. ::Note, I won't tell anything about the script at all. Spoilers suck!:: :p

(this will either confirm if it's a good movie or just a really well made trailer using only the best parts.)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I read maybe the first 1/9th of the script myself and I stopped there, I'll go see the movie to find out the rest. I am not going to say anything about anything they added to the story but it's most likely stuff you would expect.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I'm waiting for Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie
center]
[/center]

From The Calvin and Hobbes Wiki http://calvinandhobbes.wikia.com/wiki/Hamster_Huey_and_the_Gooey_Kablooie

Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie is Calvin's favorite bedtime story and is read to him by his dad. In one comic, it was revealed that the author of the book is called Mabel Syrup. His dad often tires of telling the story - the content of which is left to the audience's imagination - and so he makes up newer, scarier stories to tell Calvin, such as the story of the disembodied hand.

In one comic strip, it is mentioned that "The literary world is abuzz about Mabel Syrup's sequel to Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie". The sequel is suitably entitled 'Commander Coriander Salamander and 'er Singlehander Bellylander'.

A printed story by the same title has appeared for sale online and on Amazon.com. Despite claims that it is a "classic and much-beloved tale,"[1] the story never actually existed until the publication of this book, in 2004. Some fans of Calvin and Hobbes generally consider the book to be idea theft and an attempt to cash in on the series' continuing popularity.[2]

Also, there is a review on the back by the since defunct CalvinandHobbesFanClub.com. [3]

Yays - a fictional book from a another work of fiction comes to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.