ARBBB2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I have lived in Minnesota my whole life, getting sick of the cold and awful heat and humidity in the summer(and the mosquitos) Seeing that my wife can't stand diapers she wants a divorce so I am wondering what is the best state to move to? I don't mind snow, just can't stand the bitter cold and can't stand the high heat. I have actually thought of another country because I am so sick of the democrats and the republican parties so out of control. Any ideas and feedback would be appreciated!

When it comes to climate, I'm fond of Arequipa, Peru. The whole year round highest temperatures between 20 and 25 °C (70 to 80 F) and lowest at night around 10 °C (50 F) with some, but not exceeding precipitation from November until March. And it's even an agreeable city with interesting touristic sights.
But maybe that's a little too far-fetched for you, since there will be other considerations apart from weather. Sorry, but I've very limited knowledge of the USA.

Wherever you pick it will have problems - the grass is always greener...

Reactions: chrischrischris
Become a snowbird! Lots of Minnesota plates starting to show up here in S. Texas at this time of year. First good snow and IH 35 becomes a major 'flyway' for snowbirds.

Last edited:
My wife and I moved from Ohio to Virginia to escape the cold weather. It does get below freezing in central Virginia during the winter but it's nothing like Ohio. We're still in the low 70s during the day. Housing is a lot cheaper in central Virginia which is another thing that brought us here, that and employment.

I’m from the Cleveland area, and I wouldn’t recommend moving here. It’s cold, grey, and overall bleh. I lived in Charlotte for 4-5 years and loved it there, they have great weather, amazing restaurants, and nice people, plus it’s a booming city. Abroad, one of my favorite cities is Sydney.

Florida

Canada my friend it's a wonderful place

Utah
Also are used to live in Florida and loved Florida

Last edited:
Western Montana (on the Pacific side of the Rockies). The winter not as bad as eastern MT, WY, ND, SD, MN, etc... It is due to the Rockies blocking the artic blast.

Reactions: littledreamers333
I find Kansas nice for me

I think the real point that is being glossed over is that your wife is divorcing you because of diapers. Is that really the sole reason and if so why not consider curtailing or ending your habit? My wife started to complain and I've completely changed my approach to once in a while or when she's not home. It's not worth losing your marriage unless that's what you also want, but you imply it's her initiating this. Good luck.

DLForever99999 said:
I think the real point that is being glossed over is that your wife is divorcing you because of diapers. Is that really the sole reason and if so why not consider curtailing or ending your habit? My wife started to complain and I've completely changed my approach to once in a while or when she's not home. It's not worth losing your marriage unless that's what you also want, but you imply it's her initiating this. Good luck.
To answer the question, my wife and I are eventually retiring to Costa Rica. The temperature is 75-80 year round. Many Americans there and quite a high standard of living. It has gotten expensive and we wish we did it 10 years ago but there were younger kids involved so we tabled it.

It really depends on your preferences.
I live in a medium city along the US/Mexico border and it's quite lovely. Very hard to justify moving elsewhere. Any stores you'd need are right there, housing costs are very low compared to much of the rest of the country, the coast is close by, and mexico is a quick drive away. I cross fairly often due to medical tourism as US health care is abysmal.
The weather is hot year round though. I've seen snow twice in my life and not more than an inch.

DLForever99999 said:
To answer the question, my wife and I are eventually retiring to Costa Rica. The temperature is 75-80 year round. Many Americans there and quite a high standard of living. It has gotten expensive and we wish we did it 10 years ago but there were younger kids involved so we tabled it.
because diapers are part of who I am, told her that when we were dating and she has insisted I stop for most of my life, I will be 69 shortly and its time I get in life what I want, I have supported her whole life and its complain, complain, complain, , its time for me to do something I like! My three daughters agree with me!

The place that I enjoyed living the most was Texas I have lived there twice, once in houston and once in fort worth. I liked fort worth a bit better than houston but they both have their merits. Alabama north of I-20 and east of I-59 is really nice but a little behind the times for most people, towns along the route 431 corridor are nice such as guntersville, Gadsden and Anniston. Eastern Tennessee is really nice with the mountains, towns like knoxville and pigeon forge are good places. Georgia is a good place too as long as you stick to the smaller towns. Of course I like minnesota but then I have only visited for a week or two at a time

littledreamers333 said:
Canada my friend it's a wonderful place
Absolutely LOVE Canada!!!!❤❤❤

ARBBB2 said:
because diapers are part of who I am, told her that when we were dating and she has insisted I stop for most of my life, I will be 69 shortly and its time I get in life what I want, I have supported her whole life and its complain, complain, complain, , its time for me to do something I like! My three daughters agree with me!
Good for you then. These details were glossed over in your first post. Sounds like this is not the entire issue but rather an easy excuse. I'm sure lawyers will gladly latch on to this to squeeze you. Good luck with that and your relocation.

DLForever99999 said:
Good for you then. These details were glossed over in your first post. Sounds like this is not the entire issue but rather an easy excuse. I'm sure lawyers will gladly latch on to this to squeeze you. Good luck with that and your relocation. Btw, Costa Rica is something to consider. The crime rates, literacy rates and general standard of living all compare favorably to the U.S. One needs to come to the country with a certain level of passive income (including Social Security) because they do not hand out jobs to foreign nationals. Hmmm maybe example to follow? I'm sure I'll be crucified for that comment.

Back