Where do you change at home?

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I am curious where do you change your diaper at, do you do it in your bedroom or in the bathroom? Do you sit on the toilet when you clean up after a messy accident? Do you do it in the bath tub? Do you ever keep a used diaper under you while you are cleaning up for in case of accidents?

Also do you change laying down or standing?

I sit on the toilet with the diaper prepared, and powdered. pull it into position, pin it and pull up my diaper cover. Done!

I try to avoid changing in my bedroom. Mostly because whenever I'm applying baby powder, a lot of it will just go into the air and make my room very dusty. Since my bedroom is also my gaming room and study, I'd rather baby powder not get into sensitive electronics.
I can get away with it by powdering myself under my duvet. But it's just easier to change in the bathroom for me.

Last edited:
If messy, I stand over the messy diaper to clean up. Preferably on bathroom floor so I can kick the fan on. Easy access to the shower afterwards. The used diaper and wipes get bagged and tied in grocery bags. I find it greatly reduces the odor.

I'm not incontinent but I am 24/7, so it seems like it's not too far afield to answer this question. It's circumstantial. Most changes happen in the bathroom but I've got stuff handy to do it in my bedroom as well. The bathroom is the best place for a messy change but if I'm just wet, that's pretty easy to handle anywhere.

I do use the clean diaper under the used one if I'm changing lying down. That's not because I fear leaks but just to keep things cleaner. Better my butt should go from diaper to diaper than some other surface.

Last edited:
If I am home alone I will do it wherever really but still privately. If I am not then either my office or my bedroom.

I take the diaper off and drop it open on the floor and clean up while standing over it, drop the wipes on top then roll it up and put in my diaper pail.... as for putting on its usually standing in the bathroom...

any place not in front of a window, usually bathroom if messy though

I almost always change in my bedroom. I have an attached bathroom to the bedroom so that solves a lot of logistic problems.

I change in the bathroom. Normally when I wake up I am wet and messy due to bladder and bowel incontinence. As soon as I get out of bed, I unfold a new diaper and put it on the bed to have it ready. Next, I go stand in the shower and take my used diaper off and take a shower. Once I am finished with my shower, I go back to the bedroom to put on my clean diaper. During the day, when I am just wet, I will normally just change in the bedroom. Any messy diapers are always taken off in the shower.

I’m bladder incontinent so when I’m upstairs getting ready for bed I change in my bedroom, and bag it bring it downstairs in the morning. During the day I change in the downstairs bathroom, bag it take it to the trash can.

When I change it is on a blanket in my room on the floor.
This means that I do change while laying down, and yes I do slide a fresh diaper under me before I untape the old one (wet only)
If I am messy I will take the old diaper off in the bathroom and clean up in there before going back to my room to put on my fresh diaper.

Either my bedroom or the bathroom

I prefer to change lying down, so if wet only, I will change on my bed. If messy, however, it is in the downstairs (my) bathroom. Standing in front of the sink, I take off the messy diaper, trying to wipe up as much "stuff" as I can while taking it off, roll it up and put it in a plastic bag in the sink. Then I use wipes to get myself as clean as possible and follow up with a shower, or if not too messy, a clean diaper until I'm ready to take a shower later.

I change my diaper in bed when I'm wet. I just place an under pad down before lying down so my sheets don't get wet. If messy, I stand on the floor in the bathroom or my bedroom above a changing pad on the floor, use as many wipes as needed, then take the dirty diaper to the trash outside in a tied up shopping bag.

I change in my bedroom. If i'm putting on another nappy then I do it lying down if I'm not then I change it standing up. I don't really have any issues with baby powder going everywhere... maybe I need to be less adult like and just throw it everywhere :p

I change in the bedroom because the bathroom is too small.
I lay on the ground with the new diaper ready to go
I hold the used diaper so that it can contain dribbles while I am putting the new diaper on.
Though sometimes I still need to wipe up drops on the ground

I usually change on my bed; I put down a changing pad, I grab a clean/dry cloth diaper and start there. I have wipes, powder and plastic pants handy. Usually takes about a minute or two.

At home I change my wet/dirty diaper in my bathroom whildee on the toilet.
Next to handicapped-adapted toilet I have my diaper pail to dispose of my diapers.
Yes.
My toilet has a raised toilet seat and side-safety rails to aid me in getting onto and off of the toilet.

Back