• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Where can I get Tena Slip Maxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Im in the USA and I'd like to get my hands on a pack of Tena Slip Maxi. All the Tena products in USA have the dreaded 'Cloth-Like outer cover'. I've seen pics and read reviews of the European Tena Slip Maxi and they look quite nice.

Does anyone know how to get them in the USA?

Thanks! :smile:

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
USA doesn't carry them, so you'd have to get them from an unofficial retailer like a flea market vendor or an acquaintance. :p BTW, the newest Tena Slip (not maxi, the Mexican version which IDK where else is available) is an improved version of the Tena Slip Maxi and is really good even though it has a cloth-like outer over :) I've been delighted with it.

Role
Private
That's a german website, why would one buy from a german seller instead of just trying to find one in the US, or at least in America so the shipping isn't crazy high.
Well look at it like this, why would a retailer in the US regularly stock a European variation of the same item? Clearly, if one were better than the other, I'd imagine people would always choose the better variety, making the other one redundant and useless to sell. You'd probably get strange looks if you asked for them to order in a brand that was already on the readily available on the shelf in your region.

But even so, finding a store that does stock them or would order them in could be a challenge in itself. Most, I assume, carry the generic, local varieties and fewer carry the more premium brands. Stores may raise the price a bit for specialty or requested stock to cover the price of ordering, importing and service fees. This is done in your local currency, so it could be considerably more expensive.

To the OP - Australia gets the European variety of the Tena Slip Maxi, and the US dollar is sitting relatively strong against the Aussie dollar right now. You might want to check out ordering from an Australian online store. You can find some links in this Wiki Article. The shipping may be high, but once you convert the currency it may be cheaper than getting a store in your region to order them in.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
That's a german website, why would one buy from a german seller instead of just trying to find one in the US, or at least in America so the shipping isn't crazy high.
Because they aren't sold anywhere in North America, and Save Express is a reputable international seller (with obviously high international shipping costs). I've ordered from them myself a few times, and IIRC, Peachy has been to their store in person.

Only other place you'll find them is on Ebay occasionally.

Role
Diaper Lover
I hope this Tena Slip Maxi is better than their protective underwear because those things are horrible. I got two free samples mailed to my house and was disappointed and I didn't even pay for the things!!

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
As has been pointed out, there is no outlet for Tena Slips Maxi in the USA. Save Express is a reputable company, although shipping is high. I'm just offering you a place to purchase an item that you are looking for as unless you are obtaining them occasionally on ebay, this is the place to go.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I hope this Tena Slip Maxi is better than their protective underwear because those things are horrible. I got two free samples mailed to my house and was disappointed and I didn't even pay for the things!!
The Tena Slip Maxi is completely different than the Tena products sold in the USA. It is comparable to a Secure X-Plus in absorbency, but with extended padding in the wings, and softer plastic.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
I've been myself personally to Save Express store twice - it's a quite small shop compared to what you could expect from their site or the proportion of their business - and the owner told me they regularly handle overseas shipments.

The Tena Slip Maxi is indeed a quite nice diaper, it's a good quality product but at the same time, if compared to other top-level diapers, it fits nearly no less comfy than wearing regular underwear, or at least this is the impression you get if you've just changed out of an Abena... :biggrin: Very thin and discreet when dry, it can hold for several hours of wetting - although becoming a little bulkier after that. A product I'd highly recommend for daytime use.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I've been myself personally to Save Express store twice - it's a quite small shop compared to what you could expect from their site or the proportion of their business - and the owner told me they regularly handle overseas shipments.
It looked like a former pharmacy or bakery shop to me, built into a slightly larger single-family home. Just imagine how many diapers you can fit in there. Makes me wonder if they have built a new storage facility since I visited that place many years ago to handle all the extra bulk ( :D ) they must be handling since their business took off.

Peachy

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
Just imagine how many diapers you can fit in there. Makes me wonder if they have built a new storage facility
From what I've seen, they have a very quick turnover, so they don't have to keep big quantities of products stored. Diapers come and go at the speed of light. The negative side is that, when I went there last time, they didn't have in stock all the X-pluses and abri-lets I wanted to purchase, and since the express courier that day had a problem and didn't come to bring the new supplies, I literally emptied out their Abena stock! :eek: :D

Role
Diaper Lover
Thanks all... looks like I'm off to the Save Express website. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Akkk! Total with shipping is almost 50 EUR! Too rich for my blood (pee?)... I guess I'll have to resort to monitoring ebay...

Last edited by a moderator:

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Akkk! Total with shipping is almost 50 EUR! Too rich for my blood (pee?)... I guess I'll have to resort to monitoring ebay...
Don't get the pack of larges that are currently up for sale... Please. :) I intend to buy them tomorrow and pick 'em up in person (seller is local to me). They'll be too big for me, but I'm sure some of the people I know will appreciate them.

If you do order from Save Express eventually, be sure to pick up a pack of "Harmony Power" diapers too... They're a funky single tape per side diaper that is definitely a "must try".

Role
Diaper Lover
Sorry about the double post... I know to edit now. Thanks Peachy.

Harmony power diapers look interesting. I enjoy trying different diaper designs and I actually keep one example of each I've tried in a locked duffle in my closet. Its getting quite packed!

DanielLionBoyMA

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I did a check today. With the exchange rate and such its about 122EU for 4 bags with shipping to east coast us so that comes to about 160 usd

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I too would love to try Tena Slip Maxi... but the prices are just too $$$. Honestly I doubt they are better than Bambino.

Role
Private
I too would love to try Tena Slip Maxi... but the prices are just too $$$. Honestly I doubt they are better than Bambino.
Well, I've tried both.

Whilst the Bambino is really good and more abosorbent, it's really the aesthetics of it that's the biggest appeal. In terms of actual usage and fulfilling it's purpose as incontinence product, the Tena puts up quite a challenge and even trumps in some areas.

It may be expensive for NA-residents, but I sincerely recommend just paying the cost for them once and giving them a go.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Whilst the Bambino is really good and more abosorbent, it's really the aesthetics of it that's the biggest appeal. In terms of actual usage and fulfilling it's purpose as incontinence product, the Tena puts up quite a challenge and even trumps in some areas.
Okay... now I'm interested.

So, tell me... in what way is Tena Slip Maxi superior to Bambino?

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I did a check today. With the exchange rate and such its about 122EU for 4 bags with shipping to east coast us so that comes to about 160 usd
Best thing you could do Daniel is beg Stephano to bring a bag back for you on his next trip across the pond. :)

Okay... now I'm interested.

So, tell me... in what way is Tena Slip Maxi superior to Bambino?
The plastic is softer, and they have a considerably higher cut (come up higher on the waist) compared to the Bambinos. I definitely don't think they're "better" than Bambinos, but they're a great change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.