When you were an older kid

EagleBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When you were an older kid and you went to your friends house or your friend came over to your house and you saw your friend wearing diapers.
Did you wear diapers around him/her for respect of your friendship?
Did you talk to your parents into letting you wear diapers again?
or
Did you start wetting you pants and your bed hoping your parents will let you start wearing diapers again or make you start wearing diapers again?

Reactions: rshunter
I grew up very close to my first cousin cousin who is the same year age as me. We both had issues bedwetting (it's genetic) and we both wore pullups at sleepovers usually. Sometimes we wouldn't because we didn't want to, but I think our parents expected it would happen sometimes because we weren't guaranteed to pee the bed.

One day, a family friend of our parents introduced us to their adopted son. He was younger than us and we had a lot of fun playing together. Later on I don't remember how much later, we went to his parents house for Thanksgiving and while playing in his room with him my cousin and I noticed his pullups in a corner and I asked my cousin about it and we agreed that when we're at his house we wouldn't talk about it to make him feel bad. He was already at the ager where his parents told him he is adopted...

Me and my cousin spent the night together a lot and one day Christian, my family friends son, came over. Me and my cousin knew his secret, and to not make him feel strange when it was time to go to bed we just pulled our underwear off and put on our pullups and Christian unzipped his book bag and put his on too. We didn't even have to talk about it with him.

That was how it went and that's my most memorable experience.

• Love
Reactions: flybaby, TigerDL, Brumas94 and 12 others
Surfing various articles, it seems that 5% is a common estimate for the number of 10-year-olds who still wet the bed. (Example: https://www.education.com/magazine/article/bedwetting-how-common/) This suggests that the odds of being an older bedwetting child and having a friend who’s also an older bedwetting child—all while being ABDL—are pretty darned slim. In KrankyPants’ case, some of it migh be explained by common heredity. Otherwise, a random coincidence of two bedwetting ten-year-olds would occur with odds of approximately 1 in 400.

Mix in ABDL, and we’re off toward lottery odds. For sake of argument, let’s guess that ABDL occurs with odds of one in 500. That might be generous or stingy, we don’t really know. If we assume that ABDL and bedwetting are independent functions, then the odds of a ten-year-old bedwetting ABDL bumping into another ten-year-old bedwetter (who may or may not be ABDL) would be 1 in 100,000.

Now consider whether two ten-year-old bedwetting friends, at least one of whom is ABDL, are even likely to find out about their shared secret, given that both are likely embarrassed by it and are probably keen to hide it. If the odds of one or both friends finding out about the other’s bedwetting are 1 in 10, then the odds of a ten-year-old bedwetting ABDL running into another ten-year-old bedwetter, and knowing it, are 1 in 1,000,000.

Lots of unknowns in here, but to get the thought experiments going…

EagleBoy said:
When you were an older kid and you went to your friends house or your friend came over to your house and you saw your friend wearing diapers.

N/A. How ‘bout you?

Last edited:
Reactions: TrashPanda01, WillFord384, BigKid25 and 1 other person
Cottontail said:
Surfing various articles, it seems that 5% is a common estimate for the number of 10-year-olds who still wet the bed. (Example: https://www.education.com/magazine/article/bedwetting-how-common/) This suggests that the odds of being an older bedwetting child and having a friend who’s also an older bedwetting child—all while being ABDL—are pretty darned slim. In KrankyPants’ case, some of it migh be explained by common heredity. Otherwise, a random coincidence of two bedwetting ten-year-olds would occur with odds of approximately 1 in 400.

Mix in ABDL, and we’re off toward lottery odds. For sake of argument, let’s guess that ABDL occurs with odds of one in 500. That might be generous, we don’t really know. If we assume that ABDL and bedwetting are independent functions, then the odds of a ten-year-old bedwetting ABDL bumping into another ten-year-old bedwetter (who may or may not be ABDL) would be 1 in 100,000.

Now consider whether two ten-year-old bedwetting friends, at least one of whom is ABDL, are even likely to find out about their shared secret, given that both are likely embarrassed by it and are probably keen to hide it. If the odds of one or both friends finding out about the other’s bedwetting are 1 in 10, then the odds of a ten-year-old bedwetting ABDL running into another ten-year-old bedwetter, and knowing it, are 1 in 1,000,000.

N/A. How ‘bout you?
That's very true, I didn't know anyone else other than my cousin and our family friend who wet the bed growing up. As an adult, I've only met some people here who actually still have N.E..

Reactions: Cottontail
Cottontail said:

Mix in ABDL, and we’re off toward lottery odds. For sake of argument, let’s guess that ABDL occurs with odds of one in 500. That might be generous or stingy, we don’t really know. If we assume that ABDL and bedwetting are independent functions, then the odds of a ten-year-old bedwetting ABDL bumping into another ten-year-old bedwetter (who may or may not be ABDL) would be 1 in 100,000.

N/A. How ‘bout you?
Your probability calculations are a bit off. If 5% of ten year olds wet the bed then yes it’s a 1 in 400 chance that two randomly selected kids are both bedwetters. However if 1 in 20 are bedwetters then if you yourself are a bedwetters there is a 1 in 20 chance a random friend is too.
This is where my probability skills fall off but I think if a bedwetter has ten friends then there is a 50% probability that at least one friend also wets the bed.

Reactions: limeadethief, TigerDL, WillFord384 and 1 other person
It never happened. I wish it would have. I would have done it in a heartbeat.

Can't say I've ever even had friends from that age that wore nappies. I was always the late developer in that sense

HockeyGuy said:
Your probability calculations are a bit off. If 5% of ten year olds wet the bed then yes it’s a 1 in 400 chance that two randomly selected kids are both bedwetters. However if 1 in 20 are bedwetters then if you yourself are a bedwetters there is a 1 in 20 chance a random friend is too.
We’ll, … yes. You’ve said something completely different, though. :)

My numbers are definitely wrong, I’m any case, as I’ve blatantly made up some probabilities (and admitted it already). My point, in a nutshell, is simply: Being an adolescent bedwetting ABDL who’s open about diapers with another adolescent is a coincidence of unlikelihoods.

Reactions: KrankyPants
unfortunately none of my friends had any wetting issues and im the only one

well i never saw any of my friends in diapers, but i can say one thing, i would have been the one seen in diapers lol. but that never happened either. i didnt start wearing again until 21 years old but i started going to the bathroom in my pants on purpose around 12 sooo yeah this has always been pretty hidden from my friends. i have a few that know about it now, but because i told them

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and KrankyPants
The only friend I can recall who wore diapers and wet her bed was my sister. None of my friends from outside our family were bedwettters as far as I knew by the time I was 9 or 10. The two of us were much more likely to be the ones who were discovered by other kids our age that we were bedwetters and diaper wearers.

Reactions: Babybear2006, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and KrankyPants
When I was in the 4th grade I had a friend who has down syndrome and was in special education classes with me. We both knew each other wore diapers. I spent the night at his house one night and his mom put a diaper on him and I went to put my pullup on. When we went to bed he saw my pullup and told his mom about it. She asked if I still had to bedwetting problems and I told her that I had a goodnites on but she put me in a regular diaper instead. I know that he still wears them now.

Reactions: longallsboy, Jr2012 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
EagleBoy said:
or
Did you start wetting you pants and your bed hoping your parents will let you start wearing diapers again or make you start wearing diapers again?
I remember two occasions when I was about 12 or 13, when I noticed a box of Pampers in 2 different friends' houses. Neither household had diaper aged kids living there. I know for a fact that one of my friends had a bed wetting problem that was never, ever brought up. I'd spent the night at his house and shared his bed. I woke up a bit wet. ☹️. Needless to say, I had come up with some pretty good fantasies about my friends and the diapers I found.

EagleBoy said:
or
That didn't happen to me exactly, but I had a few buddies growing up that had younger brothers running around in diapers and plastic pants, literally. They were of diminished capacity, I won't use the word used back then. Also on Scouting camping deals I notices more than once guys hanging out plastic pants to dry on their tent lines. I reckon that I respected their dignity too much to ask them anything, though I wish I had. Bad enough wetting a bed, but a sleeping bag, yikes

Reactions: Terrorbear
SofiaInPampers said:
It never happened. I wish it would have. I would have done it in a heartbeat.
Hell yeah, me too.

• Haha
Reactions: SofiaInPampers
It never happened to me. I actually never knew anybody that wore diapers as they were older except for one who were Goodnites while he was sleeping.

Cottontail said:

N/A. How ‘bout you?
5% may be the % of chronic 10 year old bedwetters, but I think the % of 10 year olds that have more than occasional accidents (not every night-but more than a few times a month) is much higher. Growing up I knew many 10 year olds that still had rubber sheets on their bed "just in case" and a pull ups in their dresser drawers. Also, from my experience the number of 5th graders showing up at sleepovers with goodnites was well in excess of 1 in 20. So they may not have been wetting nightly (like I was) but they were wetting often enough to not want to get embarrased by a peed bed.

Yes, it was when I was about 10 I think. Stayed at a friends house and when I went to use the bathroom, I saw a pair of rubber pants hanging in the shower. I felt them and thought OMG, these are the greatest thing. I found out later when I asked him that he sometimes wet the bed and his mom made him wear a diaper and rubber pants to bed just in case. I thought that was so cool. I remember sleeping over and just knowing he was wearing those plastic pants kept me awake most of the night. I went home the next day and purposely wet my pants hoping my mom would make me wear a diaper and plastic pants. Tried that a couple of times. No such luck. The entire rest of my life was spend with a huge desire. Now, so many, many years later I have urinary incontinence at night and wear cloth diapers and rubber pants to bed. Most days I wear a pullup with plastic pants. Guess you better watch what you wish for. Oh well, loving it actually.

I had a friend a few doors down from me who was, I think, around 2 years younger than me (I was about 6 or 7 at the time) and his younger brother was still in nappies. One day, when I was over at his house, I saw an opened pack of Huggies nappies in one of the rooms. I really wanted to take some and hide them to use at home but never did. His brother was potty trained not long after that.

Back