When you go out of depression, and you loose your (protection)

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My depression have stop, on 4 April approximately, but the thing I don't anticipate is that I have loose my "my protection, my carapace" so no I'm back in the same point that when I was Very young, the only thing that differ is now I have the skills that I don't had in that moment.

But otherwise I the same fragility, and because I'm very emotionally sensitive, is very simple to break me now ): and also I don't have the same force to combat somebody that want to harm me...

PaddedStag

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I'm having difficulty understanding your post.
Are you saying that you've dealt with depression but have learned coping skills and now re-entering the world in a healthier state of mind,,,,
but,,,
you're still worried about living with depression?

I'll say this and hope it helps?
I've lived with depression all of my damned life. For the first 30+ years, I didn't know that's what it was. For me, that WAS 'Normal' (and ruinous in so many ways). Now, if you have a severe medical condition that your body or mind can't self-cure/heal from? Chances are great things will get out of control and 'Break' you.
That's precisely what happened with me. Mounting physical injuries compromised my ability to do my work, earn my income, provide for my family. The mental stresses all of this added on top of what I was already living with, finally broke me.

I never healed from it. I again patched myself up as best I could (the supposed 'Medical Professionals', weren't in my experiences), and did what I've always done- moved on and tried to exist as best I can.

One thing recognizing the problem(s) gives you?

Knowledge. If you know you have 'X', then you can (usually) find solutions or ways to cope/heal/deal with it.

If you're still on your own healing path, I hope you have someone you can talk to that's capable of helping guide you to a healthier/happier life?

Don't be afraid simply because you have depression. Remember, depression doesn't have 'You', unless you let it.

:)

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm having difficulty understanding your post.
Are you saying that you've dealt with depression but have learned coping skills and now re-entering the world in a healthier state of mind,,,,
but,,,
you're still worried about living with depression?

I'll say this and hope it helps?
I've lived with depression all of my damned life. For the first 30+ years, I didn't know that's what it was. For me, that WAS 'Normal' (and ruinous in so many ways). Now, if you have a severe medical condition that your body or mind can't self-cure/heal from? Chances are great things will get out of control and 'Break' you.
That's precisely what happened with me. Mounting physical injuries compromised my ability to do my work, earn my income, provide for my family. The mental stresses all of this added on top of what I was already living with, finally broke me.

I never healed from it. I again patched myself up as best I could (the supposed 'Medical Professionals', weren't in my experiences), and did what I've always done- moved on and tried to exist as best I can.

One thing recognizing the problem(s) gives you?

Knowledge. If you know you have 'X', then you can (usually) find solutions or ways to cope/heal/deal with it.

If you're still on your own healing path, I hope you have someone you can talk to that's capable of helping guide you to a healthier/happier life?

Don't be afraid simply because you have depression. Remember, depression doesn't have 'You', unless you let it.

:)
Yes i had live for 20 year in depression (actually I'am in my 26 year old and my depression had stop in April this year
Now I know why I am in depression before it was very simple, in addition of an incredibly bad childhood the real reason is very clear I was born in the wrong body (I'm Trans) so my depression had stop because I have started the hormonal treatment.

and my post is because my depression had stop, this have clear my "carapace" so I more accessibl for the external people but I don't have a filter to avoid some people anymore, only in psychological way in physical way is not a problem.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My depression have stop, on 4 April approximately, but the thing I don't anticipate is that I have loose my "my protection, my carapace" so no I'm back in the same point that when I was Very young, the only thing that differ is now I have the skills that I don't had in that moment.

But otherwise I the same fragility, and because I'm very emotionally sensitive, is very simple to break me now ): and also I don't have the same force to combat somebody that want to harm me...
Hi.

This sounds like a good thing. If your depression "spell" has stopped, then it is time to move forward.

Now that you have been on both sides of the issue, it will help you to look forward for a better situation and remember where you have been and gone through.

If I am understanding your post correctly then no you do not have your "protective Shell" to help you. However you have a better situation.

Now is the time to "rebuild you life" in a clear space, and develop an action plan if you see the "red flags"/ warnings that you may be going down the depression path again.

I hope for you that you are over and one with the depression, but speaking from my past it can come back at any time. It is how you deal with it that makes a big difference. This is where you put the coping skills and action plans in to affect if and when you see the "triggers" for your depression happening.

I think you using the term Carapace is a good one. Remember the crabs and lobsters Loose their "Old Carapace" but they move forward in life and develop/grow a newer better carapace. So this is what you need to do. Don't be afraid to go out and "grow". yes you may feel that your "Fragile" but as you have new experiences you will be better and stronger then before because of the skills that you have learned.

Good Luck.

stareegirl

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Are you saying you feel emotionally vunerable because you can feel everything now? Depress does tend to surround and numb and it certainly can feel like your reality.

Be cautious of experience that pain you look for ways to lessen it and cope. It's okay to take breaks or to be not quit ready. But in time that's reasonable for you, you'll need to face those triggers. They won't just go away.

Tell your loved ones and ask for support.

Don't go looking for depression it's no quality of life. In time you'll be greatful to be without it.

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Are you saying you feel emotionally vunerable because you can feel everything now? Depress does tend to surround and numb and it certainly can feel like your reality.

Be cautious of experience that pain you look for ways to lessen it and cope. It's okay to take breaks or to be not quit ready. But in time that's reasonable for you, you'll need to face those triggers. They won't just go away.

Tell your loved ones and ask for support.

Don't go looking for depression it's no quality of life. In time you'll be greatful to be without it.
I totally don't want to go back in depression never in my life I want this, I have so many people in my depression never this again, now I do my best to resolve what I can

stareegirl

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I totally don't want to go back in depression never in my life I want this, I have so many people in my depression never this again, now I do my best to resolve what I can
My apologies some people cling to depression as protection and a comfort.

But you seem fed up with it, prolonged depression that is.

Maybe you need a way of venting about it.

trysexiea

Mysterious
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My apologies some people cling to depression as protection and a comfort.

But you seem fed up with it, prolonged depression that is.

Maybe you need a way of venting about it.
Yes 20 year of depression is very very very to much