When Will Companies Stop Having A One Track Mind?

WarmAndSquishy

Mama’s most favorite boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Hi it’s me here to complain again 😅

When will diaper companies (abdl ones specifically) stop thinkjng we all want the same thing? Not everyone wants plastic backed and not everyone wants or needs to pay for 7000ml of absorbency!

I wear one diaper for at MOST 5 hours. And in that time I’ll wet myself maybe 3 times. I have sensitive skin and don’t want to spend 10 hours in the same diaper. So I absolutely hate that I feel I have to stay in a wet diaper longer than I want because I was forced to pay extra for high absorbency and I don’t want to feel I wasted my money.

Tykables, rearz, crinklz, little for big. All of them for printed diapers only offer plastic backed with insane absorbency. Which is why I don’t buy diapers from those brands very often if ever 🤷🏻‍♂️

The abdl community isn’t a hive mind, I’m sure there’s plenty of people out there who would love a printed diaper that only is meant to hold a few wettings for a cheaper price.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: littlewet, robdl15, ABDLBoy and 9 others

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am not ab/dl I am incontinent but I only use plastic-backed diapers as I have tried many cloth backed diapers and none have worked for me

Reactions: 12srepaid, JoeMusic1976, guest and 7 others

Chimera

watch out for my grabby paws!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
LilPuppyBoy said:

When will diaper companies (abdl ones specifically) stop thinkjng we all want the same thing? Not everyone wants plastic backed and not everyone wants or needs to pay for 7000ml of absorbency!

I wear one diaper for at MOST 5 hours. And in that time I’ll wet myself maybe 3 times. I have sensitive skin and don’t want to spend 10 hours in the same diaper. So I absolutely hate that I feel I have to stay in a wet diaper longer than I want because I was forced to pay extra for high absorbency and I don’t want to feel I wasted my money.

Tykables, rearz, crinklz, little for big. All of them for printed diapers only offer plastic backed with insane absorbency. Which is why I don’t buy diapers from those brands very often if ever 🤷🏻‍♂️

The abdl community isn’t a hive mind, I’m sure there’s plenty of people out there who would love a printed diaper that only is meant to hold a few wettings for a cheaper price.
To be fair, Tykables has diapers for daytime use, called Little Builders. I guess they are still quite absorbant, but that might be more up your alley. Preschools from ABU as well

Reactions: TigerDL, checkingoutall and PaddedBass

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Chimera said:
To be fair, Tykables has diapers for daytime use, called Little Builders. I guess they are still quite absorbant, but that might be more up your alley. Preschools from ABU as well
they are still quite absorbant and quite expensive

• Angry
Reactions: bigtoddler96

Chimera

watch out for my grabby paws!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
dpcare said:
they are still quite absorbant and quite expensive
yeah they are quite absorbent. But that's the least absorbent you can get from tykables. There really is no such thing as a cheap abdl diaper, since our community is quite a niche market. I know you're incontinent, so you aren't the target consumer. A majority of ABDLs from what I understand, do not wear 24/7 and just wear once in a while. And when they do wear, they want a thick, thirsty diaper. I wear 24/7, so I only use ABDL diapers for night time wear. Especially if I've been drinking a lot of fluids, because I can completely use a Tykables overnights in one night in that case. I mainly use medical diapers from northshore when I know I'm not going to get full use of an ABDL diaper. But I get the OP's point, there should be more options instead of just ridiculously absorbent diapers.

Reactions: TigerDL

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Companies have a one track mind
making the most profit.
You sell to the masses and what the majority wants.
Less popular demand will mean higher cost to the consumer or not available at all.

Reactions: TigerDL, Dakota13, WarmAndSquishy and 1 other person

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Chimera said:
yeah they are quite absorbent. But that's the least absorbent you can get from tykables. There really is no such thing as a cheap abdl diaper, since our community is quite a niche market. I know you're incontinent, so you aren't the target consumer. A majority of ABDLs from what I understand, do not wear 24/7 and just wear once in a while. And when they do wear, they want a thick, thirsty diaper. I wear 24/7, so I only use ABDL diapers for night time wear. Especially if I've been drinking a lot of fluids, because I can completely use a Tykables overnights in one night in that case. I mainly use medical diapers from northshore when I know I'm not going to get full use of an ABDL diaper. But I get the OP's point, there should be more options instead of just ridiculously absorbent diapers.
I agree There really is no such thing as a cheap ABDL diaper, but I'm not abdl and I have to wear 24/7 and I would go broke paying $4.00+ per diaper 24/7 365

Last edited:
Reactions: LinkDL and WarmAndSquishy

Dutchone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
LilPuppyBoy said:

I Agree 100%.
Why not a printed diaper thats more discrete, and maybe Cotton-feel,

Reactions: LinkDL and WarmAndSquishy

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like the high capacity diapers. I don't necessarily need them and I definitely don't use them to the max. 4 to 5 good wettings then I'm looking to change.
I like the ABDL diapers way more than medical diapers. Plastic or cloth backed, really depends on my mood. There are plenty of options out there for me and I like having a variety to choose from. For me it's not always about capacity it's mainly about appearance and comfort.
Imo, nothing needs to be changed. There's something for everyone. Unfortunately not everyone is gonna be satisfied. I think ABDL companies are trying to cater to everyone but a majority like high capacity diapers, hence the demand and availability of high capacity diapers. I'm not in the majority for soaking to max out the diaper but I like the thickness and feel of a dry high capacity diaper. To each their own.

In a world of 8 billion ppl some ppl can be pleased some of the time but not all ppl can be pleased all of the time.

I think we in the ABDL community should be thankful for what we got because 20 years ago our current diaper choice would have been just a pipe dream. I know I'm thankful.

Thank you to all the ABDL companies working hard to produce a product that we the participating members are looking for.

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL, robdl15, eastcoastdl and 4 others

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Dutchone said:
I Agree 100%.
Why not a printed diaper thats more discrete, and maybe Cotton-feel,
The demand isn't there. The demand is plastic prints with high capacity.
It might change in the future but for now they supply the demand

Reactions: DLmikey

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
At the end of the day it all comes down to commercial decisions made when calculating profits/margins/costs against, potential competition, supply and demand. I really like plastic-back but I prefer a lower capacity nappy. I wear for enjoyment and derive greatest pleasure while I am wetting myself and when I am moderately wet. I like a nappy which can handle two or three moderate wettings - then I’m ready to change, and although I wear my nighttime nappy for around 8-10 hours, daytime it’s usually around five or six hours or so tops.

It’s all down to personal choice and I don’t need a nappy I can fill-up all day long, but others do and their preferences are entirely valid and I completely respect their enjoyment in using them.

Going back to LilPuppyBoy’s original posting, I suppose when it comes to market forces the ABDL diaper manufacturers largely have the mega-capacity end of the market to themselves, but if they were to try and enter into and compete in the lower-capacity segment of the market they would inevitably end-up competing with the large healthcare corporations who are able to offer competitive retail prices to consumers because of their economy of scale.

To design, manufacture, pack, distribute and market a lower capacity ABDL diaper the costs involved would in practice be almost identical to one of their high-end multi-gallon designs - with only infinitesimally small savings to be made from using slightly fewer raw materials.

Yes, they would sell some, but when it comes to retail prices and the purchasers ‘bang for their buck’ many potential users would opt for the inevitability less expensive ‘medical diapers’.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarmAndSquishy and todaler

diaperedboypete

Shy little boy from Poland. Diapered 24/7
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Agree. I think that thinner, cloth-backed abdl diapers would be well pleased. As I wear diapers 24/7, I really rarely use thick ABDL ones. Besides costs, I think when you're wearing 24/7, it's more hygienic to change at least every 6-7 hours, than staying in one wet diaper for example for 12hrs. Usually ABDL diapers are kinda smelly after such time and could be noticeable by others around you.
Acctually, regular medical diaper, but with ABDL print would be perfect for me.

So, why there almost none of such diapers? I Have two hypothesis:

1. ABDL companies are trying to achieve the best profit in the safest way, so they keep to what they do for years, and what worked for others. It's niche bussines, experimenting with new forms could be quite risky.

2. Pricing of those diapers wouldn't be suitable in comparison with thick plastic ones, just too expensive for what you get. Eg. cloth-backed ABU Preschools still costs almost the same as much thicker ABU SDK or Kiddos. Most ABDL diapers are produced in China. Companies usually just need to find there factory with proper production technology and order some quantity of diapers with they custom print. As I mentioned, it's still quite niche product, so it isn't so much diapers in one order as someone could think. So, the price for single diaper is high and difference between 3000ML and 6000ML diaper in pricing could be really not that big.
I would really like thiner, cloth-backed abdl diaper, but only with price significantly lower than most ABDL diapers today.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarmAndSquishy

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm glad I only like medical nappies. I think AB nappies are quite expensive. I wouldn't pay nearly £2 for one AB nappy and I don't want to sit in a wet nappy for 12 hours. I prefer medical nappies as I'm a incontinence wannabe and feel more home in medical ones.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

KarmaBaby2

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Yup goodnites cover me for 1-3 wettings depending on how full I am. I just want a diaper a bit more absorbent than that because otherwise there is a huge soggy mess between your legs. I can’t be around other people like that! Even soaked goodnites show a bit sometimes

Reactions: TigerDL and WarmAndSquishy

sbuck1963

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
In Control brand diapers do carry lower capacity diapers and cloth backed ones like the Active Air. The Active Airs are amazing and do work very well, I have worn them to work, and I spend fair amount of time walking and bending at my job. The diapers hold up and the tabs are amazing to. refasten.

Reactions: mtl1107, BobbiSueEllen and bobbilly

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Prices for abdl nappies are going through the roof!
Little For Big Astro Babies are £40 on Amazon UK.
For just 10 nappies, that's just ridiculous!

AB nappies are treat for me and I'll get a pack maybe every 2 months.
Most of the time I use Drylife, they are very good value.

Reactions: bobbilly

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Crinklesounds said:
Prices for abdl nappies are going through the roof!
Little For Big Astro Babies are £40 on Amazon UK.
For just 10 nappies, that's just ridiculous!

AB nappies are treat for me and I'll get a pack maybe every 2 months.
Most of the time I use Drylife, they are very good value.
I'm wearing a wet drylife now. They are good with beer.

Reactions: Crinklesounds

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
bobbilly said:
I'm wearing a wet drylife now. They are good with beer.
Me too 🍺👍👍

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Crinklesounds said:
Me too 🍺👍👍
I love nappies, they bring me so much joy and happiness. I'm on the road to diaper dependency. I wear 24/7. Tena and drylife are the best.

Reactions: Crinklesounds

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Are the Drylife plastic backed?