When will *Bism be acceptable in society?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassyeyedbb

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Looking at how far gay people have come in their struggles to be socially accepted in society and looking at the passing for the legalization of gay marriages in California, it makes me wonder "when will *Bism or DLism be socially acceptabl in society (under what circumstances, at what time?) a better question is if it will become acceptable at all just want to know your opinion

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
Looking at how far gay people have come in their struggles to be socially accepted in society and looking at the passing for the legalization of gay marriages in California, it makes me wonder "when will *Bism or DLism be socially acceptabl in society (under what circumstances, at what time?) a better question is if it will become acceptable at all just want to know your opinion
It's unlikely infantilism will ever be as socially accepted equivalent to homosexuality. Personally I think infantilism will never become considered as the norm it will always be mocked and laughed at as nothing more than a weird kink a minority of social outcasts practise, not that it matters, I don't need the acceptence of the masses to feel comfortable with my own oddities. I practise infantilism behind closed doors so the general public can keep there hypocritical peepers away. Not to mention this fetish and a sexual preference are entirely different matters. I don't understand why there are continually compared to one another, infantilism in the publics mentallity will never be regarded as anything like homosexuality thus they won't achieve the same level of consent.

If infantilism should be acceptable in society why not every other fetish? Just because you're involved in it doesn't mean it has any right to be more accepted than any other frowned upon fetish / lifestyle choice.

Last edited:

glassyeyedbb

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
i think they are compared to one another (in my opinion and reasoning) on a relatively rudimentary basis, being that i used them because the only thing they have in common is they are (or once were) socially unacceptable

E

Error404

To quote a friends signiture on another board

"Only when the last hypocrits are strangled with the intestines of the last priests." - Or at least something like that.

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i think they are compared to one another (in my opinion and reasoning) on a relatively rudimentary basis, being that i used them because the only thing they have in common is they are (or once were) socially unacceptable
Spitting in peoples faces at the dinner table is also socially unacceptable, think that will change one day as a social movement any time soon?

What kind of acceptance are you looking for? Diapers being accepted? Diapers are used for children and incontinence, if you're wearing them 'just cause you like it' no one's going to be thrilled by that. At the most you can expect people to reach the 'I just don't give a damn' stage.

The whole adult baby thing is something that will always exist at home behind closed doors. You can't BE an adult baby in the real world cause you need to have a job and do all that grown up stuff to SURVIVE in the real world and it won't be acceptable to be acting like a baby in that public moment of your life. Unless of course you manage some arrangement in your life where you don't have to work for your own existance or do anything for yourself... ...But people would often dislike you JUST for that.

Role
Private
There are a lot more gay people than there are infantilists. The homosexuality issue was bound to be thrust into society as something we we all have to overcome. In comparison, the extreme lack of infantilists in this world does not make it such a pressing matter. As Naruto pointed out, it will probably never be on the same level of acceptance as homosexuality.

I personally wouldn't like to see it happen anyway. I don't need other people to accept my private matters to make me feel good and happy about myself. I'm quite comfortable as I am.

glassyeyedbb

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
for everyone who is arguing the point that it is strictly personal i guess i should elaborate i myself was refering to people knowing about a *B or DL and not thinking they are freaks

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
for everyone who is arguing the point that it is strictly personal i guess i should elaborate i myself was refering to people knowing about a *B or DL and not thinking they are freaks
Please elaborate on your elaboration. :confused:

If this topic is about the few people who are aware of infantilism and are understanding then what is there to discuss?

Those few will have little impact on societies stubborn view as a whole.

Last edited:

glassyeyedbb

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
i just love semi-controversial topics, everyone's opinion is just so interesting to me

Anyway back to the topic...
sorry naruto, i'm not good at elaborating on elaborations :eek: and now i feel stupid, but everyone please continue to give your input

Princess_Mandy

Est. Contributor
It doesn't really matter if its accepted or not since it will never be accepted. I just wish if you say something to someone about being an infantilist that they didn't automatically think your a pedophile. It really needs some positive exposure.

Orms Einbani

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Heh.

Accepted? Maybe not, but Tolerated: yes. Just think of all the things people 'tolerate' these days that they didn't used to. Now, I'm not saying you'll be able to walk around all babied up in public without odd looks, but it's not like you're going to get arrested for it, either.

Now, if by accepted you mean like, by your family, that's a very individual thing....

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I personally wish that society would accept it, but at the same time I don't care much because I do what I want in public and if they don't accept it, tough. I personally don't care what other people think, because that's only one opinion, I mean if I go out dressed babyish they can't arrest me for it. They can say mean things (which have never heard mean things from anyone) I have been told I looked cute by a random person before when I was dressed like a toddler hehe. I mean, what is so bad about being yourself?

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I personally think that society well never accept it due to it being a fetish and the fact that most people in society think 40 year old fat male pedophile when they heard about someone who like to act and dress up like a baby.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's probably best not to hope for acceptance in society...Since it's one of those things that will never be accepted by everyone...Maybe in a perfect world it would be...But in a perfect world, I don't think some things we like would even exist...

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
Why the hell would you want it accepted by everyone?
I mean, I'm sorry, it seems many *B/Dlers live in in this ideal world where everything gets accepted.

That just isn't true.
Farting in people's faces, going around naked, picking and eating your buggers, etc.

All of these things aren't accepted in societies. That's fine. People still do them anyway. The best you can hope for is that Infalistism is something your parents don't send you to the crazy doctor for but just ignore it.

I know if my kid was into some weird stuff, I'd just be like, "Eh. Don't talk to me about it. I don't want to see it."

I wouldn't want to have people open in public that like wearing huge buttplugs, I'm sure diapers are in that category for some people too.

Infantilism is a private matter. Your sexual fantasy/non-sexual fantasies are yours and for consumption in private areas.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I really see no purpose for society to even know about it. It's a personal thing between everyone here.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It'll never be socially acceptible, because it's not something we practice socially. Sure, we might wear a diaper out in public, but we don't stroll through the park in a Diaper, bib with a paci in our mouths being pushed around in a stroller now, do we?

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
It'll never be socially acceptible, because it's not something we practice socially. Sure, we might wear a diaper out in public, but we don't stroll through the park in a Diaper, bib with a paci in our mouths being pushed around in a stroller now, do we?
We know that some folks are keen on just that, though. As it pertains to them, I think they've got a long wait for acceptance. I'd be tickled if it were regarded by people who have a need to know that it's "mostly harmless".

E

Error404

Once I finally move to Canada and settle down with a nice girlfriend, I'll probably carry my bunny plushie arround with me + have a diaper on underneath. I could more than likely pull it off though, using the Kodona fashion style with my girlfriend as a diapered Lolita. ^_~

That'd be accepted pretty easily, I imagine. It's odd though. As long as you look the part, people will look at you for a second, go 'WTF?' then it'll settle in and they'll be all like '...Okay then?', then, with time, it just sinks in.

Unfortunately though, Infantilism isn't like a fashion, nor is it like homosexuality. It's like running arround town with a chainsaw - It's just not acceptable in the publics eye and not worth the trouble.

The best we can do is try and start a fashion movement LIKE Kodona that we can slowly and carefully adapt to allow more *BDL traits, making it easier to accept over a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.