Halibut

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Hey there ADISC

I thought we could all take a little survey about potty training, and use the thread to share our stories.

I finished my potty training when I was four years old! Apparently I told my dad that I was ready to wear underwear, but I allegedly didn't know what that meant. He told me I basically used my undies the same as diapers for the first few months. Once I got the hang of it, I wanted to go back 😅.

Last edited:
I think I got out of diapers when I was 3 years old. I don’t think anyone will vote on 6, 7, or 8+, since most people potty train at such a early age. You should consolidate ages 5, 6, 7, and 8 into 5+ in the poll.

Last edited:
Reactions: babybobby
I'm going to guess I was three years old, but I don't remember. I do remember my mom threatening to put me back in diapers when I was 4 years old, her saying she still had my diapers if I thought she was bluffing. Sigh....I wish I had said yes, diaper me!

bigtoddler96 said:
I think I got out of diapers when I was 3 years old. I don’t think anyone will vote on 6, 7, or 8+, since most people potty train at such a early age. You should consolidate ages 5, 6, 7, and 8 into 5+ in the poll.

I guess thats reasonable, though I'm still curious about those late ages...
Wait no, I can't change it anymore 😅
Even if no one picks those ages The survey should be fine

Last edited:
SicartheaSpikefan said:
I guess thats reasonable, though I'm still curious about those late ages
I know it’s very rare for someone to be potty trained at older than 5.

bigtoddler96 said:
I've seen a few non-incontinent posters out there... Even if it's very rare there has to be someone on this site who's up there... But I ultimately understand its unrealistic.

My best guess is a bit before 2 but I really don't know.

In the late forties, I'm sure I must have been trained by two. Potty training was routinely started by 18 months or before. And it was accomplished by "nice" methods at first. By two it was done by any means possible and some of those would be called abusive today.

My mother insits that i was trained at nine months, which may be why i have such a strong desire to wear diapers, If that is true i think she was the one that was trained to take me to the bathroom at certian times. Its strange my mother didn't like me in diapers and I marry a wife who dosen't like me in diapers either. I make poor choices when seeking a mother figure!

Last edited:
Reactions: Halibut
ARBBB2 said:
Its strange my mother didn't like me in diapers and I marry a wife who dosen't like me in diapers either. I make poor choices when seeking a mother figure!
Oh no... I'm sorry things have to be like that 😅

bigtoddler96 said:
Hah, Asukar proved you wrong

ARBBB2 said:
My mother insits that i was trained at nine months, which may be why i have such a strong desire to wear diapers, If that is true i think she was the one that was trained to take me to the bathroom at certian times. Its strange my mother didn't like me in diapers and I marry a wife who dosen't like me in diapers either. I make poor choices when seeking a mother figure!
It would be nice to know your real age. I am 72 and baby boomers were all potty trained at an early age and the majority didn't fixate on diapers. So perhaps there might be a different reason or maybe you are right, who knows for sure? And I am sure that in just about 95% the mothers of boomers did the training. And most of those mothers hated diapers. Washing diapers was difficult, hard work - no automatic washers - no dryers. Just my reflection of what was common in the 40s, 50s & 60s

Reactions: Straycatz and neophyte
I was three. And I managed to be nighttime-trained before turning four. There were a few months in between where I was put I diapers for naps and bedtime.

woodenpotty said:
It would be nice to know your real age. I am 72 and baby boomers were all potty trained at an early age and the majority didn't fixate on diapers. So perhaps there might be a different reason or maybe you are right, who knows for sure? And I am sure that in just about 95% the mothers of boomers did the training. And most of those mothers hated diapers. Washing diapers was difficult, hard work - no automatic washers - no dryers. Just my reflection of what was common in the 40s, 50s & 60s
i am 67, we had a washer and drier, at lease when my brother who is 64 came along, dont remember much except at 5 i put on my brothers diapers and plastic pants, because my sister and him were getting all the attention when changed, so i asked to wear them at 3-4 years years old and remember being told your a big boy now you don't need them!

SicartheaSpikefan said:
Oh no... I'm sorry things have to be like that 😅

what i would really like is for it to change now!!!

ARBBB2 said:
i asked to wear them at 3-4 years years old and remember being told your a big boy now you don't need them!
That was basically me too, I'd constantly tell my parents that I wanted diapers, or that I wanted to be part of a band where everyone wears diapers!
It never happened though....

SicartheaSpikefan said:
That would mostly likely be the only person who voted 8+, no one had yet to choose 5, 6 or 7. Even though more people voted 2 than 3, I also thought 3 would be the average potty training age.

Last edited:
Many baby boomers will say 2 or before.

woodenpotty said:
Many baby boomers will say 2 or before.

ARBBB2 got trained before 9 mounths, but Im surprised he's the only one who was trained before two so far

This shows how the average potty training age differs by generation. Most babies from the 1930s to the 1960s got potty trained by age 2, while sometime in the late 60s or early 70s, the age for potty training started to rise until we got to the time where a 2 or 3 year old in diapers is normal. Today, I considered 2 year olds to be in the diaper age range.

Last edited:
Reactions: pdiapered and Halibut
I may be the exception to the rule.
My mom had told me I did everything at a younger age [walked, spoke, ect].
I do remember her saying that I was potty trained at 18 months thou.

Back