When type of diaper cloth do you prefer?

What type of diaper cloth do you prefer?

• Total voters

TheBob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
What is your preference?

Poobear

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Terry cloth and espesially when you double up and put 2 folded together on, you cant walk so I am forced to crawl

Reactions: parcelboy2

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Poobear said:
Terry cloth and espesially when you double up and put 2 folded together on, you cant walk so I am forced to crawl
My go to night time nappy is a terry nappy
I was a 70’s baby so grew up in them and have memories of being changed out of them

Reactions: oldskool

Poobear

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
parcelboy2 said:
I was a 70’s baby so grew up in them and have memories of being changed out of them
Agree Terry are best

• Love
Reactions: parcelboy2

Poobear

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
parcelboy2 said:
Agree Terry are best
Poobear said:
Agree Terry are best
My partner if we been out, puts a disposable and a Terry over with plastic pants, cause I can have a huge pee some nights and wake up sopping wet, so this holds in any leaks. but a normal night just a Terry and nappy liner with baby powder.

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Gauze. Many years ago someone in California made gauze prefolds they sold on DPFs mail-in catalogue. They were extremely light, soft and cool. I’ve worn birdseye, cotton twill, and flannel diapers, but a good gauze prefold is my favorite.

MetalDan86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I like a bamboo-gauze blend the best but also like the feeling of organic Birdseye cloth and twill.

Lyric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Most of my diapers are gauze. At least for me they are the most comfortable and best absorbing. I've tried flannel but they don't absorb as much and are not as comfortable once I've worn them more than once.

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Terry here, probably a UK thing as we really don't get much birdseye fabric and gauze never really took off.

I tend to go with Bamboo Terry as it is luxuriously soft and stays soft after washing, I know a lot of cloth diaper manufacturers for babies and adults also use bamboo or cotton fleece and I'd be tempted to try this but not sure how well fleece holds under compression compared with terry, it is a trimmer fabric though so dries quicker and can have more layers with the same bulk.

Reactions: MetalDan86