When to stop wearing in from of your kids

TheMat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I have one child who is almost a year and a half and I haven't thought anything about wearing in front of him (not exposed, wearing pants) but I know eventually he would be old enough to spot a difference in what my pants look like when I'm wearing vs when I'm not. How old were your kids when you stopped wearing in front of them?

I just had an off couple of weeks where I had no interest in wearing, I was hoping it was gone once and for all... but here I am.

If I have the burning urge to wear then I wear a plain black onesie and boxers and jeans or shorts. I then wear a regular tee shirt and a hoodie or button up shirt. I do my best to conceal and go on about my daily routine.

TheMat said:
So I have one child who is almost a year and a half and I haven't thought anything about wearing in front of him (not exposed, wearing pants) but I know eventually he would be old enough to spot a difference in what my pants look like when I'm wearing vs when I'm not. How old were your kids when you stopped wearing in front of them?
Your need to wear isn't just going to go away because you have a kid. You are either going to have to find a time to wear when they aren't in front of you (such as to bed only), AND be constantly paranoid about them finding your stash. Either that or you will have to come to terms they will eventually figure it out. There are others here who just kept their diapers private but not hidden. And when their kids asked about them the diapers were down played as just another thing. It sounded like that was never a problem, though you'd have to have hear from them about that.

DanielW said:
I wear around people everyday and unless i've actually told them I wear, they don't know. Unless you are wearing a diaper so swollen it looks like your airbags have deployed, don't worry about it.
Well that is not totally true with young kids that are jumping on your lap or just smack your butt because they are playing around. Even if they don’t see your diaper, they may feel it.

Unfortunately I don’t have an answer though. My youngest was 10 when I started wearing earlier this year. I only wear Northshore AirPremium around the house. They are not bulky and are quiet. I am not overly concerned about my kids finding out.

If they are really young when they find out, and you just acknowledge it but don’t make a big deal, they may just never really think anything of it. It will just seem normal to them as they get older. What does your wife think?

I wouldn't let the kids in on AB/DL diaper-wearing...at all. It can make terrific, damning evidence against you (third-person) in the event of a separation or divorce. But if it's about being truly IC...well, there really can't be any hiding it. And no court would fault you (again, third-person).

Reactions: KitsuneFox
I was more thinking wearing plain diapers discretely, and if they happen to see it peeking out or feel the padding underneath his clothes, they may ask if he is wearing a diaper. Just say something like ‘yes, I need to wear diapers sometimes’, and leave it at that. No need to explain anything. Then change the subject. When your not AB, it is a little easier to keep it low key.

I wasn’t wearing when my kids were really little, so it would be good to hear from those who have.

I wore when my kids were in school as I had Fridays off.

I have a 8 year old boy and a 4 year old girl the boy asked one day why I had so many diaper? I was waiting for this to come up for a while from him. My wife and I explain to him that daddy bladder doesn’t work like it should and I leak pee so these are my new underwear and I will have to wear them the rest of my life! For the record I am double Incontinent with medical diagnosis so I do have true reason to wear, but I don’t fault anyone that likes to wear them. What I had delivered the day he asked was my regular Dry 24/7 and some ABDL ones he said why to you have theses ones with the characters on them lol. I said while dad like to have verity some times I get sick of just plain white all the time he said from that point forward OK and just accept with no issue. We also told him that he didn’t need to tell anyone about he said OK to this day he never brought it up again. My 4 year old daughter has seen them on me and she asks but it this point I don’t really respond I know the day will come I have to explain it just like I did to my son. I do believe that a lot of it will depend on the maturity of your child or children and when she dose ask more about it I will tell her when I feel ready. But like other people have said if you don’t make a big deal about they will not either and growing up around it they will think it just a normal thing or not think about it but it person situation is different. On a side note I am also exploring my ABDL side now which is always done In privet and only between my wife and I. I would suggest not to lie to your kids about IC or a medical issues if the only reason you like to wear them because that would be wrong to the millions of people out there that are truly IC like me. There are so many people out there that want to be IC because of there ABDL side or they wear diapers for fun but let me tell you it is life change indeed I would never wish this on my worst enemy. If I wasn’t IC and they ask I would just tell them it’s my new underwear even thought you know it’s a diaper and why you are truly wear them. I hope it help! 😃

Reactions: Rezzu and bbpnts
It is definitely easier to explain if you have a medical reason, because you don’t have a choice. If one of my kids asks why I am wearing a diaper, I won’t lie to them. However, I won’t go into any details either. Mine are old enough that I will probably just say, ‘I wear them sometimes and I am not going to talk about it.’ And if they ask if I have a medical issue, I will just say ‘no’. I don’t feel the need to explain. I don’t know if this would work with other kids or younger kids. My kids have their own quirks and I have mine. I think they will respect that.

I wish I had some better advice for TheMat. I would say just talk about it with your wife and together you will come up with the best solution for your family. You both need to be on the same page.

I actually never stopped wearing diapers around my two sons, and when asked why I was wearing diapers I just told them cause was never potty trained.
Them 2 boys where completely out of diapers by the time they where 3 years old, unfortunately the youngest ended back in diapers due to an illness and is still wearing diapers today at the age of 34.

I have an 11- and a 14-year-old. My interest in wearing diapers declined sharply while my kids were wearing them, and didn't return to its former glory until a year or two after my youngest was potty-trained. Something about having to change half a dozen diapers every day just sort of stole the magic away from them--for me. That's not to say I didn't wear at all during those first years. I did. But the question of whether or not to wear in front of my kids certainly never occurred to me. I wouldn't have cared to. It was almost a requirement that I be away from the kids for a while before wearing became attractive, and so inevitably I wore only when I had the house to myself.

And that's still true to a great extent, but now I have the house to myself daily, and for a couple of hours at a time, so ... :)

For those who aren't naturally inhibited like I was, I guess I'd simply advise caution. Kids trade in secrets from an early age, but don't grasp their actual value until much later.

@ DaneilW, Ok, I give up. Why reply if you're not going to type anything outside of the quote?

Last edited:
Slomo said:
@ DaneilW, Ok, I give up. Why reply if you're not going to type anything outside of the quote?

He just typed his reply on the wrong side of the quote tag. Like this. ;)

Reactions: mayhem
RedPandaDL said:
I was more thinking wearing plain diapers discretely, and if they happen to see it peeking out or feel the padding underneath his clothes, they may ask if he is wearing a diaper. Just say something like ‘yes, I need to wear diapers sometimes’, and leave it at that. No need to explain anything. Then change the subject. When your not AB, it is a little easier to keep it low key.

I wasn’t wearing when my kids were really little, so it would be good to hear from those who have.
But let's just say for the sake of argument, that they were to ASK for an explanation...

Many children are very inquisitive, as it's in their very nature to be... Then what?

Last edited:
Sidewinder said:
But let's just say for the sake of argument, that they were to ASK for an explanation...

Many children are very inquisitive, as it's in their very nature to be... Then what?
Good point. I think you have to know your own kids to determine how to handle wearing around them or if it is not a good idea. I wasn’t a DL when my kids were younger, hence my last sentence about hearing from others who were.

I will say that my wife and I were pretty good at distraction and changing the subject. Never as applied to the diaper question though.

If you’re able to suspend wearing around your kids for potentially 20+ years (if you have a few kids) than that would be the best. I could see that being difficult for many DLs. Although some hide it from their SO for decades, so it is possible.

I apologize DanielW. I was just talking specifically about ones own kids noticing that they wear a diaper. I couldn’t see my own kids not noticing for years if I frequently wore a diaper around them with such close interactions while playing with them and taking care of them. Maybe I am wrong.

If I had IC I don’t think I would really try to hide it from them anyway. I would want them to understand why I needed to wear them. Just like my boys understanding why their special needs sister wears diapers.

My incontinence is not really my kids' concern. I have no doubt that they know I wear diapers, since I don't make any great effort to hide them in the trash can in my bathroom, and they sometimes use my bathroom when the hall bath is in use. They've never asked, and I've never talked about it with them, because it doesn't have an impact on them. I've talked with them about my liver disease, which has resulted in multiple hospitalizations, because this affects them. My incontinence doesn't affect them that way, though, so I feel like need to tell my kids about it.

As far as wearing around small kids, I doubt they'd ever notice. Even with sitting on your lap, I just don't think it would be something a kid would take any note of. Mine certainly never did.

My kids are 8 and 5. I still wear around them and they dont have a clue. Even the ones that crinkles the most are no problem. I have a huge buldge in front of my sweatpants right now and I they still dont notice or say anything. I'm not sure how old they will be before I have to be more careful, but I'm considering telling the oldest at some point. My wife don't want them to know (for now) and I'm not sure how to tell them yet as I'm just a DL. Perhaps I will never tell them.. Havn' t decided yet. If I sometime in the future go 24/7, I will definately tell them before they notice.

Reactions: TheMat
Back